Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    They took up an option to extend. Doesn’t mean there isn’t clauses too terminate. Doesn’t mean there wasn’t conditions or terms that allow it to be terminated. We don’t know. My only point was that I think the parties involved are smarter than to just say here’s the keys to the kingdom, do what you want there’s no repurcussions.
    I'm confused. If he still has clauses in his contract then the +1 year hasn't been activated. It's just the same 2 + 1 contract. When they activated the +1 the clauses become null and void. Am I making sense? If the KPI's still exist then they really haven't activated the third year and the idea of showing faith in the coach at the start of the year is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

Although I would prefer a Griffin, Holbrook or Toovey type, I would still be happy to give Walters a chance. You'd think he will be a good draw card for QLD players or just top shelf players, and he adds some more QLD identity to our club (like it or not NSW Titans fans, GC is north of the border ). Of course that means nothing unless his coaching is up to standard and looking at Origin he's been a bit of a mixed bag with some good decisions and some dreadful ones. As long as he doesn't bring that bloody coach whisperer with him...

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Although I would prefer a Griffin, Holbrook or Toovey type, I would still be happy to give Walters a chance. You'd think he will be a good draw card for QLD players or just top shelf players, and he adds some more QLD identity to our club (like it or not NSW Titans fans, GC is north of the border ). Of course that means nothing unless his coaching is up to standard and looking at Origin he's been a bit of a mixed bag with some good decisions and some dreadful ones. As long as he doesn't bring that bloody coach whisperer with him...
    So according to Bundy the Tweed and Northern Rivers fans and juniors should all go for Newcastle.
    Yeah good one. Thanks for using the forum to stick your finger up at them.

People down the Tweed want us to be successful and don’t care about the QLD stuff. Walters will be supported down there if he gets results.

Bods have your morning coffee mate, it was a joke (hence the winky face

If you read all of my post I say how the QLD stuff doesn’t really matter, it’s his coaching and us being successful that truely matters.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Bods have your morning coffee mate, it was a joke (hence the winky face

If you read all of my post I say how the QLD stuff doesn’t really matter, it’s his coaching and us being successful that truely matters.
    Fair enough BT,the double news of Arthur leaving to the Drongoes and Peachey with nothing wrong with him dropping out of the 17 just landing has made me grumpy. So I apologise then. I live on the GC but work down on the Tweed and lived there for quite a few years so I get a bit protective of that area at times.

I’m actually having my morning coffee right now.

Yeah I get it mate, I’ve been grumpy with the club since about round 2 this year we just keep making poor decision after poor decision and making risky gambles on and off the field which 99% of the time don’t pay off. I definitely think we need to play both sides of the border as both south east QLD and also the northern rivers fans are areas we need to embrace.

I’m keeping hope that Walters will turn out great but also not confident at all. We will soon find out by about this time next year.

First Grader

As each day passes, the more dysfunctional and leaderless our club becomes. The issues of Peachey, Taylor and the poor recruitment has made this club a basket case.

The quicker Brennan is given the bullet and a new coach appointed cannot come quick enough for this joke of a club in its present state.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    As each day passes, the more dysfunctional and leaderless our club becomes. The issues of Peachey, Taylor and the poor recruitment has made this club a basket case.

The quicker Brennan is given the bullet and a new coach appointed cannot come quick enough for this joke of a club in its present state.
    Yeah you wonder if Arthurs May have stayed or if Peachey would have a professional attitude or if Taylor May feel more ready to have a crack at it if Brennan had of already been shown the door.

Morale appears to me to be very low in the Footy Club, Pride in ones own performance and avoiding the spoon are the only motivating factors our players have.

With all the speculation that Brennan is a dead man walking I strongly doubt the playing group is listening to him now.

If Walters is the man then we need the Board to act quickly after tonight.

I think we can say that Arthars went for his own reasons. Peachey tried to to get out of his contract after Griffin was sacked last year. Taylor is here because Brennan said he could get him to stay. Taylor is fast becoming a coach killer like his mate Hayne.

How you feel about the Titans being a QLD club is how I feel about inviting a pro Brisbane untested coach to "fix" our problems. We don't want to be Brisbanes little brother but we'll take their scraps.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 10-07-19 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    How you feel about the Titans being a QLD club is how I feel about inviting a pro Brisbane untested coach to "fix" our problems. We don't want to be Brisbanes little brother but we'll take their scraps.
    100%
    Walters would continue the cancer in the club, not cure it.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    100%
    Walters would continue the cancer in the club, not cure it.
    What is the cancer specifically and why would Walters exacerbate it??

From my point of view Bods, because he is unproven and we don't need that again. He is Pro Broncos. He will make the same mistakes Brennan did and offer stupid contracts to out of favour or off contract players from the Broncos. More of the same. Not required.

Kevvie would be our first QLD coach, so we have had a good share of NSWelshman holding the reins and i don't think anyone really cares as long as they bring success to our team.

Can he do it? know one knows really, including Kevvie - but i cant see any other standouts pushing him out of the way at the moment.

I don't care if the new coach is from Mars and if they bring the club success. Broncos know him better than anyone and they passed.

Spot on DB, there's not really any standout options jumping out and making their claim. Everyone is screaming Holbrook yet he is unproven which is exactly what people are knocking back Kevvie for. Toovey doesn't seem interested in coaching again (never been mentioned as on short list for any other positions since he's been sacked) and I wouldn't mind Griffin but then again he has his negatives as well.

Kevvie is risky but at least he has been around the Storm and Broncos systems and would know a thing or two about culture you'd think. I recall him having the balls to ban names like Holmes, Hunt, Napa and Wallace (whoops) a couple of years ago from the emerging origin camp when they played up. JB he may have played for Brisbane but I would highly doubt he has much love for them anymore after being overlooked. His wife publicly called the Broncos "a pack of c-nts" and I'm sure he would love to stick it to the Broncos board and get the better of them now.

Not saying he is perfect and we will soon find out how he goes (not confirmed but where there's massive smoke there likely will be fire). We could do a lot worse that's for sure.