Burleigh Bears with 160 mins of clean sheet footy right now ����

Also the second week in a row that they have put a cricket score on a team
    Yes
    Fulltime Northern Pride 0 Burleigh 43
    Pride with lots of NRL players

#anointJimmyL

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    The guy has lot the plot. His press conference today was just bewildering. How can Brennan possibly say that he isn't concerned with his tenure? His tenure is will directly depend on the games he wins and if he isnt' concerned about winning games then he shouldn't be there.

The comment about the Jesse Arthars article really had me scratching my head. Sure its nice to give him a debut after his mum passed a year ago but that should not be Brennans driving force for why he coaches. We need a coach that wants to win, not a coach that cares about his players feelings.
    Just watched it. If you want to start your morning badly then watch the press conference. Each day he is not sacked is a day lost in rebuilding our club again. Sack Brennan.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yes
    Fulltime Northern Pride 0 Burleigh 43
    Pride with lots of NRL players

#anointJimmyL
    20’s have been toweling teams up as well. And a few of their better players have moved to GCRL A grade..
    And to be fair the 18’s made a fair account of themselves with one of the hardest draws (played 3 of the 4 semi finalists)
    There is good things happening and it’s filtering down!

I've been telling you for weeks that Garth Brennan is under the pump and it will soon come to a head.

Brennan is a nice bloke but he just can't get the best out of players at NRL level for whatever reason.

Another beating at the hands of Manly on Friday night will just increase the heat.

Expect some sort of move from the Titans hierarchy during the Origin period.

If it's bad news for Brennan - and it's certainly looking that way - it will be delivered when attention is diverted towards Origin

While it’s only lurker it’s interesting to see the drum beat beginning, anyone here connected enough to verify?

Junior

Inactive User

Titans owner Darryl Kelly holds coach Garth Brennan to account
    May 22, 2019 9:48am
    Peter BadelThe Courier-Mail
    Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly has put the entire club on notice, warning “everyone will be judged on results” and telling coach Garth Brennan and culture boss Mal Meninga to “do their jobs”.

Kelly said the club is underperforming and challenged the entire football department, including the playing group, to haul the Coast out of trouble — starting on Friday night against Manly in Sydney.

The Titans have crashed to second last with a 2-8 record and their performances have been so dismal, Kelly revealed the Gold Coast’s projected profit for the 2019 season is now hurtling towards another fiscal deficit.

SUBSCRIBE NOW: Get a double pass to see the Broncos v Titans on June 9. Limited availability.

Darryl Kelly wants answers on the club’s poor performance. Image: Glenn Hampson
    In November, the Titans trumpeted the arrival of Meninga as their new culture-and-performance boss.

But the Brennan-Meninga leadership alliance is now under the microscope amid fears the Titans coach could have his contract, which expires at the end of 2020, torn up this season if the club finishes in the bottom four.

Kelly is buoyant about the club’s off-field stability — he is presiding over the creation of a $25 million leagues club — but the business tycoon delivered a candid critique of the Titans’ on-field health.

Time is running out for Brennan to turn it around. Image: Jason O'Brien
    Asked if Brennan must start performing to keep his job, Kelly was unequivocal.

“All I will say is everyone is judged on their results, there’s no doubt about that,” said Kelly, also a Titans director.

“The board has to make judgment on whether people beneath them are doing their jobs properly or not — that’s the truth of the matter.

“We all have our jobs to do, including myself, the board and the senior management.

“Off the field, we are in a better position than we have ever been. As a management team we are doing our job.

“With the football department, there are people employed to do their jobs, that’s what we expect and we will make judgments on them at the appropriate time.

“Whether it’s fair or not, we’re in this situation and those guys (Brennan and Meninga) are part of the football department.”

Gold Coast are yet to see any effect from Meninga’s hiring. Image: Nigel Hallett
    Underlining the impact of underperformance, Kelly revealed the string of defeats is putting pressure on the Titans’ bottom line.

“We were projecting a profit, but if the form of the side doesn’t pick up, we will record a loss,” Kelly.

“There was genuine expectations with the squad we had. We should be doing better than what we are — but I can’t control performance.

“The football department has to control performance. To be honest I don’t know what the answer is and I don’t know what the problem is.

“If someone can tell me, not only the problems, but the solutions, that would be great.

Kelly is struggling to understand the failures. Image: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
    “I don’t have time to get more involved. I am investing a lot of energy into the development of our leagues club, I have other responsibilities for the Titans so it’s not appropriate for me to get involved in football matters.

“When the side isn’t winning, it makes it hard to turn a profit. But financially we are sound and we are investing a lot of money into building a leagues club so that the Titans have long-term stability moving forward.”

Hallelujah we finally hear from a Board Member. Just sack him now Sir Daryl. Please.

First Grader

I am glad he also put Meninga in the firing line as well as his had stuff all impact on the club and the only input is to write club newsletters.

If his job was to improve culture and performance then he has been a complete failure along with Brennan as coach.

Junior

Nothing has been leaked but maybe Mal could be giving advice that Brennan isn’t listening to. Be interesting to know how much involvement Mal has with the squad. Mal and Garth should be work together to motivate the hell out of these guys and inspire them to want to play for each other and the fans of the GC. At the moment only Jai for me is standing up every week

Cut out the rot. Start with Peachey. Go back to AJ as bench utility. After that Meninga, after that Brennan.

I have no words... If this is true, Brennan has to go now. End of story.

Crawley Files: Why some Gold Coast Titans players have lost hope

Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph
    an hour ago
    Subscriber only

If you think Gold Coast’s performances this year are a joke, you are not alone.

What’s worse, some Titans players were left gobsmacked this week when they turned up for a recovery session after the disappointing 22-16 loss to Canterbury and were told they would be going tenpin bowling.

It has apparently developed into farcical scenes, with players even told that they would now be in charge of video reviews of their own performances.

I was contacted yesterday by someone extremely close to the club after comments I made on NRL 360 questioning what responsibility the club should take for Ash Taylor’s lack of development as a footballer.

I was told there are some players who feel they are not being given a fair opportunity to develop their careers and that they are in a position where they feel they do not know where to turn to.

Taylor, 24, has come under fire this week for not aiming up to his $1 million-a-year price tag.

But there are people who also feel Taylor (below) is not being mentored in a fashion where he can make the most of his undeniable natural potential — potential Matty Johns said would make Taylor the NRL’s best player.

This is the club that got rid of Neil Henry because he was, apparently, too tough on players. It puts pressure on coach Garth Brennan, especially after Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly put the entire club on notice, warning “everyone will be judged on results”.

The Titans take on Manly tomorrow night, a club with a roster not in the same ballpark as Gold Coast.

Under Des Hasler, though, Manly are working with a philosophy that hard work can make its own luck.

The respective positions of these clubs on the NRL ladder suggests answers from the Titans owners should be demanded.

Originally published as Why some Titans players have lost hope

I'm absolutely speechless. Get this joke of a coach out of our club now please. We will never move forward with him in charge.
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 23-05-19 at 11:44 AM.

I actually noticed an article from the loss to the Sharks for Magic Round and the next day they were all photographed playing lawn bowls with big smiles on all their faces, along with Brennan and I thought then WTF.

That article is gob smacking. Crawley is one of the few journos I would trust.

I think a win win (for me at least) would be a comfortable Manly win tomorrow night. If that happens surely Brennan would be gone.

What a shambles I thought Brennan was renowned for his man management obviously that’s not right

And I agree Mexican titan maybe a flogging from the sea eagle will end the misery

He is right about the difference the clubs 2019 squads being vast. Manly has about 4 internationals including the probable QLD captain, and we just have a whole bunch of 'potential'. only Arrow has runs currently on the board in my opinion.

but everything else is spot on. it is incredible if there is no guidance for players, for this generation and next.

also the line from Fittler 'Ash looks like he is getting in the way' is frightfully true.

Drop him for his and our own sake. Let him taste some suburban justice with the Intrust and see if he doesn't come back better and more committed to never get dropped again