Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Ring the club and they will tell you. I will be there Thursday so if you can do it then, it would make for an exciting twenty or so seconds.
    I sincerely do not believe they have played to the best of their ability, either collectively or individually. However, It is going to far to accuse them of doing something that, if proven, would at least lead to their banishment from the game. While I believe the team has not performed to their potential, there are a couple of mitigating factors. Given the role of modern wingers( particularly where it relates to carting up out of your own red zone) why would Don ever be considered for first grade? Why play Cartwright on the “ wrong” side which has the effect of dampening his attacking skills? Why do the coaches apparently believe that the right side block play to the lead runner, Proctor, is ever going to lead to anything other than Proctor being tackled close to the point of contact with the defender? I could go on....I am as frustrated as anyone but generally, I try to refrain from severe criticism of people who are doing the best they can. I have a cousin playing first grade with another club and I see the crap he takes from time to time from his clubs fan forum and it makes me feel sorry for him because he is always trying and he is always busted.
    Still can't work out the difference between my comment and yours. You have used words that I haven't. That word being "deliberately". I never used that word. I said they have thrown matches through underperformance. You agree that they may not have played with the energy or urgency or efficiency you would expect of a first grade player. Sooooo I'll ask again. Did they take the field without the energy, urgency or efficiency of a first grade player and EXPECT to win a game? I couldn't give a rats ass if the players read this thread and cry themselves to sleep. Play to your ability and avoid the criticism.

The above article indicates that all but possibly two players interviewed lost faith in Brennan. So is that an excuse for performances like we have had to sit through, where, in your words, they lacked energy, urgency and efficiency?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Okay now we know it’s a clear troll. Mods please take action
    This is what the facebook fan pages are like. All good news and don't be nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Brennan View Post
    You'd think some people here would learn from past mistakes such as getting rid of a great loyal coach in John Cartwright. Congrats to the haters that prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Ben Dobbin saying on Channel 9 that we are chasing a Queenslander for the next coach. Which rules out a lot of people... Also, despite the fact Walters has ruled himself out, he says that we are going to fight tooth and nail to get him here anyway
    Anthony Griffin is a QLDER isn’t he? Could be him they are looking at

First Grader

If its griffin just relocate us now.

Pass on Griffin as well thanks.

Just to clarify..I am as p’d off as you but I would never accuse players of throwing a match. That implies a deliberate attempt to lose. I am accusing players and officials of not doing their job to their potential and not putting themselves in the best position to do well. There is a difference. One is in a legal sense, criminal and the other is unprofessional and a few other words I can think of.
    Overall, I agree with a lot of what you said but not the deliberate tanking part.

And while I am at it, I hope one of the recommendations of the review is that a search party is formed to go out and locate the supposed CEO because,in the clubs recent times of crisis and in fact, since he commenced, he has been missing in action.

Is the mid season review going to be available to members? I think we should see what the report has found.

Inactive User

JB and Firetruck I think you guys are pretty much on the same page and it’s time to rule a line.
    The comedy from Burt Brennan is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Just to clarify..I am as p’d off as you but I would never accuse players of throwing a match. That implies a deliberate attempt to lose. I am accusing players and officials of not doing their job to their potential and not putting themselves in the best position to do well. There is a difference. One is in a legal sense, criminal and the other is unprofessional and a few other words I can think of.
    Overall, I agree with a lot of what you said but not the deliberate tanking part.

And while I am at it, I hope one of the recommendations of the review is that a search party is formed to go out and locate the supposed CEO because,in the clubs recent times of crisis and in fact, since he commenced, he has been missing in action.
    Google Gold Coast Titans CEO. Hahahaha

Steve Mitchell. I have had people tell me that there are others at the club that draw a (very good) wage for not much chop. Unfortunately the review wouldn't include them. Place seems like a government department.

I've been out all day and reading some of the posts on here, wow. Extreme to say the least.

I'm not sure who i want as coach out of those mentioned but I'm going cold on Walters- i certainly wouldn't beg him to take the job as was implied in a post above. We need a hard man so I'm not sure who fits that bill. I'm probably as qualified to comment on Toovs as any on here and he took over a premiership team and they went backwards, albeit after Haslers salary cap management. I just don't think Toovs is much of a clever coach. He'd drive the team but he hasn't got the smarts.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Brennan View Post
    Well said mate. It's a shame to see Mal and the board give in to this public witch hunt. You'd think some people here would learn from past mistakes such as getting rid of a great loyal coach in John Cartwright. Congrats to the haters that prevailed. I had no doubt that Mal and Garth would of turned this season around and give us what we want to see every week; the team playing Titans Footy.

This is the darkest day in our beautiful club's short history and in all my time as a proud supporter never have I been embarrassed on behalf of other Titan's supporters behavior.
    Titans footy is 12/40 over two years mate, how long were you prepared to give him? All the media is saying that he also lost the confidence of his players. I'm not trying to be a d**k but how did you actually see him turning the season around?

I’m not joking that it’s a troll account, I didn’t even notice his last name. Someone trying to stir the pot clearly.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I’m not joking that it’s a troll account, I didn’t even notice his last name. Someone trying to stir the pot clearly.
    I agree with you BT. Not a Titans fan. But the comedy value is top quality. I take my hat off to him.

Honestly, there are only two coaches I’d consider as excellent options to bring in (assuming we’re only looking at QLDers as Dobbo suggested); Anthony Griffin, or the ballsy option - the Walker Brothers.

Griffin imo would be an excellent and reasonably safe option for us. He’s got a big reputation for being a disciplinarian style pf cpach, and I think he can shape up our team very well and reintroduce the attitude that got us to the top 8 with Neil Henry (before it went to **** because of Hayne); a tough, high effort team. And let’s just put it this way, if we had the right attitude this season we would be doing a lot better (considering on paper we still look good). Brennan didn’t discipline enough, the player culture dissipated further, and Garth ultimately paid for it with his job. Also, let’s not forget that Hook was given the boot by Penrith whilst they were in 4TH place, and booted by a man, Gus Gould, who then left the club on poor terms soon after. And for what it’s worth, his all time coaching record is 96-1-76; that over the span of a single season is a hell of a lot better than what we’ve done since 2011.

And of course, the Walker Brothers should be considered as well. They’ve achieved decent success with the Ipswich Jets, including a title win in 2015, and even now still punch above their weight in the comp considering how cash strapped the Jets are and how few top players they get. Apparently they’re excellent man managers as well, and definitely seem like they could take action on player issues that someone like Brennan would’ve just let brew. However, the main advantage is their style of football. Short kickoffs, which we could easily pull off (because players like Anthony Don are great with contested catches), keeping possession of the ball with lots of offloads and passing (areas where Taylor and Cartwright can excel and shine in), and just in general giving a shot in the arm to the team offense. There’s a reason why we’re 16th this season; our attack has been predictable, bland, and ineffective. The Walkers can chagne this and give us more points, which will lead to better results

Oh boy please no to the Walker Bros, Griffin at a stretch or Toovey perhaps but no more experiments please, my heart just couldn’t take it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.