Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

I’ll be welcoming whoever replaces Brennan with open arms
    But first, can he just bloody well be sacked already!!
    Make Craig Hodges interim coach for the rest of the season if we need to.

But just get Brennan out of here for the love of god.

As luck would have it, I'm literally sat right beside King Henry at the Origin. Reckons he'd be really keen to come back to the Titans if presented with the chance

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    As luck would have it, I'm literally sat right beside King Henry at the Origin. Reckons he'd be really keen to come back to the Titans if presented with the chance
    ^^^^ My dream team is
    Walters Coach
    King Assistant
    Mal Guru

Is he open to being assistant again Dobes??

I feel like King Henry would be a really good recruitment manager, as he has a knack for building rosters and making smart decisions 9 times out of 10. Would definitely welcome him back as an assistant coach as well though, but heard rumours that the club isn't as keen (what a shock we make a terrible decision )

That would definitely be a solid coaching team and some brains with those 3 in the staff Bods, wouldn't mind that at all

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ My dream team is
    Walters Coach
    King Assistant
    Mal Guru

Is he open to being assistant again Dobes??
    Keen to come back in 'any capacity' he tells me Bods!! He said that leaving the Titans was the last thing he wanted to do, and he still loves the club. Surprised to hear that actually

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I feel like King Henry would be a really good recruitment manager, as he has a knack for building rosters and making smart decisions 9 times out of 10. Would definitely welcome him back as an assistant coach as well though, but heard rumours that the club isn't as keen (what a shock we make a terrible decision )

That would definitely be a solid coaching team and some brains with those 3 in the staff Bods, wouldn't mind that at all
    I'd be quite happy to have Henry back as coach as well as Mal in his current role. But unfortunately that involves people admitting they made a mistake, which will not happen.
    I agree with Bundy and others who have commented that Holbrook is unproven. Until the Brennan sacking became news I hadn't really heard of him and although he has had success in Super League, the pressure is nothing compared to an NRL role. I'd take Walters but he does fawn all over the Broncos and I really think he'd be coming here to just crack an NRL role, rather than be desperate to be here. One thing though, he can't be any worse than Brennan. After tonight I just hope they get on with it as the players must know that Brennan is for the high jump and they would be training accordingly.

Inactive User

Keen to come back in 'any capacity' he tells me Bods!! He said that leaving the Titans was the last thing he wanted to do, and he still loves the club. Surprised to hear that actually
    That’s what i thought and hoped to be the case.
    Built a house at Burleigh and clearly wants to live his days out here with us.
    So it would be exciting to have him back, he’s almost a local now.

Thanks heaps Dobes
    Enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    That’s what i thought and hoped to be the case.
    Built a house at Burleigh and clearly wants to live his days out here with us.
    So it would be exciting to have him back, he’s almost a local now.

Thanks heaps Dobes
    Enjoy the game
    Yeah mate he still seems very passionate from what I gather about us. Really wants to be there by the sounds of it.

All good Bodsy, cheers!

The only reason I want Qld to win tonight is so Kevie can come here as a winner and then continue the momentum

Junior

Yeah mate he still seems very passionate from what I gather about us. Really wants to be there by the sounds of it.

All good Bodsy, cheers!
    Yeah I have seen him and a Terry Matterson at a few Bears games. Also seen him running Currumbin stairs when I was down there with the with the Bears MM/HDC teams.
    He still seems passionate about the area. He was doing great things with our roster and we were winning....
    I’ve said enough

So Origin is over. How long until Brennan gets the a$$, or is it all just bs and won't happen till the end of the year?

meant to be next Monday the review is handed down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't care if the new coach is from Mars and if they bring the club success. Broncos know him better than anyone and they passed.

I take your point, but i don't think the Broncos are making great choices themselves right now.

Punted the great coach for a one year wonder whose mediocre start and end to 2018 were masked by a 10 game streak in the middle. and then signed him for 5 years. that's crazy.

Kevvies media profile works against him because everyone knows he is a broncos guy, whereas we didn't know SFA about Brennan - he probably loved the knights or penrith since he brought half the club with him, and same goes for others with no profile.

I also see this happen regularly in business where outsiders are seen to be preferable when you already have talent within - i think its due to knowing someone so well that you have seen theirs flaws whereas they've only really seen What Seibold wanted them to see on a power point slide and a few buzzwords thrown in.

would take King back, but i cant see it happening at least as coach.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Kevin Walters reckons he'll be coaching the Maroons next year:
    ————
    Despite the beating drums, coach Kevin Walters insists he will not be swayed by the Gold Coast Titans job should Garth Brennan be discarded.

"I'll be back next year," Walters said. "I'm a really proud Queenslander tonight. I'm really proud of these guys. We made some good progress this year.

"If you look back at the changing of the guard but we made some even bigger ones this year with the group we brought through. I want to be part of that next year, with the Maroons, going forward."
    ————
    You’d have to think that rules him out of coaching us.

That doesn’t really change much for me, of course he’s going to try to sound like that and say he wants to coach the maroons forever. Imagine after a crushing loss like that and he says “no I’m not coaching next year I’m gone and I’m going to the titans(before Brennan is even sacked)”, would’ve just sounded like he’s a sook. Eventually you’d think he’d want to do first grade coaching and he’s not exactly getting any younger (over 50 now). We will soon find out though, hopefully as soon as Monday.

Inactive User

^^^ I thought he sounded like someone that might have coached his last game