Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
Ring the club and they will tell you. I will be there Thursday so if you can do it then, it would make for an exciting twenty or so seconds.
I sincerely do not believe they have played to the best of their ability, either collectively or individually. However, It is going to far to accuse them of doing something that, if proven, would at least lead to their banishment from the game. While I believe the team has not performed to their potential, there are a couple of mitigating factors. Given the role of modern wingers( particularly where it relates to carting up out of your own red zone) why would Don ever be considered for first grade? Why play Cartwright on the “ wrong” side which has the effect of dampening his attacking skills? Why do the coaches apparently believe that the right side block play to the lead runner, Proctor, is ever going to lead to anything other than Proctor being tackled close to the point of contact with the defender? I could go on....I am as frustrated as anyone but generally, I try to refrain from severe criticism of people who are doing the best they can. I have a cousin playing first grade with another club and I see the crap he takes from time to time from his clubs fan forum and it makes me feel sorry for him because he is always trying and he is always busted.
Still can't work out the difference between my comment and yours. You have used words that I haven't. That word being "deliberately". I never used that word. I said they have thrown matches through underperformance. You agree that they may not have played with the energy or urgency or efficiency you would expect of a first grade player. Sooooo I'll ask again. Did they take the field without the energy, urgency or efficiency of a first grade player and EXPECT to win a game? I couldn't give a rats ass if the players read this thread and cry themselves to sleep. Play to your ability and avoid the criticism.

The above article indicates that all but possibly two players interviewed lost faith in Brennan. So is that an excuse for performances like we have had to sit through, where, in your words, they lacked energy, urgency and efficiency?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
Okay now we know it’s a clear troll. Mods please take action
This is what the facebook fan pages are like. All good news and don't be nasty.