Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Walters is such a great guy despite from my point of view being a blooming Drongoe/Maroon.
    I will be thrilled to pieces to have Walters and Mal guiding our team and culture.
    If on top of that King Henry was returned as the assistant coach then I’d wet myself.
    I’d even throw Griffin in there. The 4 of them would all bring considerable strengths. Mal is a man manager, probably up there with Bennett! Kev has a high level of technical nous, that’s his strength, Griffin is an old school hard **** but has experience with juniors and bringing through talent from his time as 20’s coach at Broncos!and to be fair hasn’t done badly as a head coach! And the King is brilliant at roster management and building a squad, even with a bit of a moneyball mentality..
    Hire them all I say!

Inactive User

^^^ that would be incredible

First Grader

They would need complete control. The signing of players he head coach doesnt want would have to stop.

Would henry even come back? Wasnt he suing the club?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    They would need complete control. The signing of players he head coach doesnt want would have to stop.

Would henry even come back? Wasnt he suing the club?
    He’s built a home here and continues to reside in the Beautiful City. That’s got to be a huge factor in him being open to a return to being employed by us.

i think Bennett was just responding to a question from media, who are always asking questions about rumours regardless of how accurate they are.

We may get Kevvie or not, but Bennett answering a question about QLD coaching doesn't mean anything to me

I hope we've atleast had a chat to Bellamy about the possibility of coming here, I remember he said the only other team he would coach is us, could get the perfect send off at the storm with a premiership this year they might let him go, contracts mean nothing these days anyway

On Abc radio this arvo they were talking about Garth getting the coaxhing job without even being interviewed. I didnt know this but it doesnt surprise me
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

That comment on ABC radio is absolute BS. Brennan was interviewed and the Board was split so Rebecca cast her deciding vote.

They also mentioned Brennan himself said he wasnt interviewed. All sounds like alot of fake news.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    That comment on ABC radio is absolute BS. Brennan was interviewed and the Board was split so Rebecca cast her deciding vote.
    Well I can't blame Rebecca because I thought it was the right choice at the time. Unfortunately he is the worst coach we have had, and by quite a margin.
    As for appointing up to four of them (Walters, Mal, Henry and Griffin) that is ridiculous. They would all be in each others way.
    A point that was raised with me the other day - since Mal's appointment to whatever role it was, nothing has changed has it. Just sayin.

I’m with you MT. I also have supported Brennan and I think Meninga has the cushiest job in the NRL.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’m with you MT. I also have supported Brennan and I think Meninga has the cushiest job in the NRL.
    Can’t judge Mal until midway next season. None of us were calling for Brennan’s Head last season. If we are still a train wreck next season then i will be most likely gunning for Mal too.

What he recommends to the board and it’s implementation will define Mal’s contribution to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Can’t judge Mal until midway next season. None of us were calling for Brennan’s Head last season. If we are still a train wreck next season then i will be most likely gunning for Mal too.

What he recommends to the board and it’s implementation will define Mal’s contribution to us.
    The only thing I'd say to that Bods is the report isn't part of Mals original role. His original role was with regards to culture. I have never seen the club this bad as far as culture goes. This is why it amazes me that Mal was asked to do this report.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The only thing I'd say to that Bods is the report isn't part of Mals original role. His original role was with regards to culture. I have never seen the club this bad as far as culture goes. This is why it amazes me that Mal was asked to do this report.
    Performance is directly related to culture and he has been given the task to oversee the entire operation and provide recommendations using his previous experience. I don't understand the argument for him not being the person to carry out the investigation. Yeah result haven't gone the way that we all expected them to this season and yes it appears that we have little to no culture at the club but surely the Head of Performance should be the person responsible for changing that. Mal has had his time to settle in now, I think it is unrealistic to think that he should have come in and stepped on everybody's toes from day one. I'm looking forward to seeing his findings.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Performance is directly related to culture and he has been given the task to oversee the entire operation and provide recommendations using his previous experience. I don't understand the argument for him not being the person to carry out the investigation. Yeah result haven't gone the way that we all expected them to this season and yes it appears that we have little to no culture at the club but surely the Head of Performance should be the person responsible for changing that. Mal has had his time to settle in now, I think it is unrealistic to think that he should have come in and stepped on everybody's toes from day one. I'm looking forward to seeing his findings.
    I'm confused. The guy who is Head of Performance and Culture doing a review on why our performance and culture is at all time low? You don't see a conflict of interest? Not blaming Mal for everything but he has to take blame for failing at his own job too. Brennan even said when Mal was appointed that he would be grateful to use Mal as a sounding board, so I don't see why you would think that he gets a free pass till our season is over before he steps on anyones toes.