Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...ns-head-coach/

It’s official.

Also out of that list for 2020 I would only keep James. Go for Api to replace peats and keep rein at 14 / hooker coverage

First Grader

Only a two deal. Considering our crap squad it will take 2 or more years to put a bulldozer through it. I would have offered a 3 year deal to give more confidence on his appointment and be able to work on his own assembled squad.

If he is a dud then 2 years is fine. Don’t want to have to pay him out as well as Brennan. If he does a good job he no doubt will resign. (Re sign). Albeit at more money.

Edit...another post about his 2 year deal and upgrade.. oops, starting to sound like I know someone in the know.

P.S. am on holidays ATM with the slowest internet in the World.. (yes, there are some places slower that Australia)...like Fiji... Bloody raining and gunna rain the entire time I am here. (Insert extremely sad face)..

Much much sadder that that
    Last edited by shamus; 01-08-19 at 05:09 AM.

Inactive User

What’s the go with The Scarlet Pimpernel CEO being unshaven when he fronted the Media today?
    Good grief. Unshaven.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-08-19 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What’s the go with The Scarlet Pimpernel CEO being unshaven when he fronted the Media today?
    Good grief. Unshaven.
    Saw that. You'd expect a bit more professionalism out of him, but anyway.

Does anyone else wonder where Garth could possibly go from here? I don't even think any Super League team would take him after what's happened haha

I think its time to close this one down and focus on the future.

Nice one DB

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Saw that. You'd expect a bit more professionalism out of him, but anyway.

Does anyone else wonder where Garth could possibly go from here? I don't even think any Super League team would take him after what's happened haha
    Back as an Assistant in a Sydney Club maybe? Or back to a NSW Cup team?
    He can afford to take his time as he’d be paid out his 2020 salary.

Before you close it.......

COSTLY CUT FOR TITANS
    GARTH Brennan’s sacking could come at a heavy price for the Titans with the club facing an estimated $200,000-plus payout for terminating the Gold Coast coach.

Blindside understand Brennan is far from satisfied with his dismissal with the Titans coach still in negotiations with club hierarchy over the finer points of a severance package.

The Titans could have avoided a payout altogether. Brennan’s original deal expired at the end of this year with a 12-month option for 2020 contingent upon the Titans making the finals this season.

But when Mal Meninga came on board as Titans culture chief last November, club bosses waived the option, activating an extension for Brennan last summer in a quest for stability.

Just seven months later, however, Brennan was shown the door, leaving the Titans to confront a costly payout scenario. Brennan remains bitterly disappointed with his demise but has attempted to clear his head with a family getaway in New Zealand.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

COSTLY CUT FOR TITANS
    GARTH Brennan’s sacking could come at a heavy price for the Titans with the club facing an estimated $200,000-plus payout for terminating the Gold Coast coach.

Blindside understand Brennan is far from satisfied with his dismissal with the Titans coach still in negotiations with club hierarchy over the finer points of a severance package.

The Titans could have avoided a payout altogether. Brennan’s original deal expired at the end of this year with a 12-month option for 2020 contingent upon the Titans making the finals this season.

But when Mal Meninga came on board as Titans culture chief last November, club bosses waived the option, activating an extension for Brennan last summer in a quest for stability.

Just seven months later, however, Brennan was shown the door, leaving the Titans to confront a costly payout scenario. Brennan remains bitterly disappointed with his demise but has attempted to clear his head with a family getaway in New Zealand.
    Worth every cent. Good riddance.

Inactive User

COSTLY CUT FOR TITANS

Rather than being dirty he ought to hang his head in shame.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Rather than being dirty he ought to hang his head in shame.
    He made a lot of grand statements coming into the job and didn't live up to a single one. He claims that he loves the club and do anything for it so if he was an honourable man he wouldn't take the money. The original deal was that if he made the 8 then he would get an extension (therefore he would have earned the money). The club showed faith in him and he failed though. Be interesting to see what sort of character he actually is.

One thing I know is if he stayed for another year he would end up costing us far more than 200k.

I'm no samurai but I'd take the money. Club was stupid.

I'm no samurai but I'd take the money. Club was stupid.
    agree
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yep. No need for a moral compass with this one, from Brennan's corner. Front office may have been a bit sloppy with the handling of this case, and probably deserve to get burnt with it. Such is life.
    Last edited by Toads; 02-08-19 at 12:30 PM. Reason: I'm known to make the odd mistake..