Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    One of the things a lot of people don't realise about the super league is that the head coach is also the person who runs the footy dept, hires and fires the players and runs the whole show.
    Kev took a team that was in the finals and anchored then to the bottom of the ladder and Holbrook has done the complete opposite.
    Neither have any other head coaching experience in the week to week grind of a top competition so based on that Holbrook has more runs on the board in my opinion.
    As for the Qld job, I think Justin Hodges could have done a better job than Walters.

- - - Updated - - -

Add in the fact that Walters has been moved on from every one of his assistant positions and has been consistently overlooked in the past and wasn't even the first choice for Qld speaks volumes to me.
    Well said ozy

First Grader

The trouble is that Mal and Kev go back a long way with Canberra. Cannot help but think this is a mates job rather than merit

we are in danger of becoming a FOGS dumping ground ... Holbrook for me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    When I was galloping around for the Wests Panthers, when that actually meant something, I dreamt of having a Queensland club to potentially play for or at least support. When Stupid League raised its ugly head I was embarrassed to be a Queenslander in the face of what Bennett, Ribot, Meninga and Co did. The one redeeming factor has been the resilience of the Gold Coast community to keep a presence of the NRL on the Coast. We may not win so much but at least we are not the bullying bunch of self-gratifying sycophants that the Broncos have become.

Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    One of the things a lot of people don't realise about the super league is that the head coach is also the person who runs the footy dept, hires and fires the players and runs the whole show.
    Kev took a team that was in the finals and anchored then to the bottom of the ladder and Holbrook has done the complete opposite.
    Neither have any other head coaching experience in the week to week grind of a top competition so based on that Holbrook has more runs on the board in my opinion.
    As for the Qld job, I think Justin Hodges could have done a better job than Walters.

- - - Updated - - -

Add in the fact that Walters has been moved on from every one of his assistant positions and has been consistently overlooked in the past and wasn't even the first choice for Qld speaks volumes to me.
    Just listening to his commentary is enough for me to say no.

The true essence of a Donkey's Fan... Delusional, quite often seen with their head embedded in their rear end, and bitter towards other Queensland Clubs for no apparent reason. Never grasp the concept as to why they're that way, must be some logical reasoning to it.

Regardless, won't be losing any sleep over it trying to figure it out.

Junior

They just asked him point blank on the half time show on Fox. He said he hasn’t changed his mind, and hasn’t been approached. He will be coaching the Maroons next year.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    They just asked him point blank on the half time show on Fox. He said he hasn’t changed his mind, and hasn’t been approached. He will be coaching the Maroons next year.
    Yeah but this is Rugby League. People in Rugby League are experts in bending the truth and/or straight out telling porkies.

Inactive User

Nobody has discussed Craig Fitzgibbon yet.
    His dad did an unreal job at Illawarra and Cronulla with pretty ordinary rosters and he has played under and been assistant coach under the very best.

His pedigree is enormous

I don't think we can take a chance on someone that hasn't been a head coach yet so no to any assistants or QCup coaches.

Kev Walters is stating outright that he has not been approached and won't be coaching us. If he is/does, I am done. I don't want a coach who plays silly childish games to impress his mates at Fox sports and has half a mind on Origin and the other half on when the Broncos position becomes available. Anyone who wants him is deluded. He will be the same as the players, on a large payment while they wait for their next contract or look to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Kev Walters is stating outright that he has not been approached and won't be coaching us. If he is/does, I am done. I don't want a coach who plays silly childish games to impress his mates at Fox sports and has half a mind on Origin and the other half on when the Broncos position becomes available. Anyone who wants him is deluded. He will be the same as the players, on a large payment while they wait for their next contract or look to retirement.
    I was listening to Anthony Griffin commentating on the Manly game on the way home and he was clearly explaining what the sides needed to do. It was good listening actualoy and I don't think I've ever heard kevvie speak with that knowledge.

First Grader

I don’t think even Bellamy could coach this rabble of park footballers. The first thing the coach needs to do is put a broom through 75 per cent of the team and only recruit players who actually want to better themselves as footballers and want to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I was listening to Anthony Griffin commentating on the Manly game on the way home and he was clearly explaining what the sides needed to do. It was good listening actualoy and I don't think I've ever heard kevvie speak with that knowledge.
    Yeah I agree I read an article in the telegraph what Griffin wrote about the titans and it was bloody impressive with how he dissected the team and setup

First Grader

Whilst some years back I was actually involved in coaching sessions with Hook and his knowledge back then was streets ahead of what I knew