Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Fittler needs to come to terms that the Fan/Member numbers are dropping across most the Clubs, and the code in general. If he thinks relocating a club up the road is going to improve things he'd be mistaken.

The NRL are in strife, that's clearly evident due to them being MIA at a grassroots level in the regional areas this year. The comp my lad plays in, teams are struggling to make numbers most weekends, and the area is regarded as RL heartland. And yet the AFL is increasing their participation in these regional areas.

So yeah. I doubt Fittler is seeing the bigger picture in regards to the NRL problems.
    Whilst I definitely see your point Toads and agree that numbers are dropping for league everywhere at the moment, the drop in other clubs memberships you claim isn't really true. Well not to the extent of us anyway. This time last year we had 10700 and at this point in time (and I don't see it rising) we have 7900. That is a gigantic drop whereas most clubs have had a rise or a small drop by 500-1000. We can't stick our heads in the sand and pretend that our small fanbase isn't dropping further and further every year. We are in dire straights and could have 5000 members next year if the new coach doesn't turn things around.

Add my name into the ring as a Griffin fan. He's made some very questionable decisions (e.g had Hoffman playing 5/8 for the Broncos for half a season and Hunt playing 100ish games for the Broncos off the bench) but he's experienced, is a disciplinary coach, is quite good with juniors and junior pathways and had success at Brisbane and Penrith. Can't see Toovey coming here as DB said, he's not really mentioned when coaching jobs pop up so mustn't be serious.
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 15-07-19 at 10:02 AM.