The report is due very shortly it won't be until the season is over until he does something. I understand where you are coming from JB but our culture has been spiralling downhill for years. Mal has to get a read on the situation before he can do anything and I just think it is unrealistic that he can be expected to turn that around within 6 months, especially when he was very clear about how he was just observing for the first few months. I share your frustration but I feel like it is going to take many seasons to get our culture heading in the right direction and I for one am not ready to throw Mal under the bus because there has been immediate success. Especially with his proven track record.

Unfortunately when looking at the full picture I think that is pretty obvious that we all (by that I mean most people on this forum and the majority of the board) got fooled into a false sense of hope by thinking it was a good idea to hire a rookie coach whose only success has come from the lower grades. I think the club has done everything possible to support Brennan. He has got the roster that he wanted and hasn't delivered on his promises. At the start of the season he came out and said that he feels like he took on too many roles and didn't spend enough time focusing on his coaching, so this year his only job has been to coach. I think that is why Mal has been allowing Brennan to front the coaching load, so he could have full control of coaching and deliver on those promises. The club even gave him an extension for no apparent reason just to show him some good will and faith. But nothing has changed and performances have somehow got worse.

I'll be on your side JB if the report comes back and it doesn't have any hard truths in it. I agree that now is the time for Mal to start earning his pay check and anything short of the top eight next year is a complete failure. But I'm not ready to throw Mal under the bus with Brennan just because Brennan has failed at coaching