Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    I wouldn’t read into that at all ^, it was written by the Mole and I’d say he has no sources or facts to back it up. If the players were really “back stabbing” him they wouldn’t of turned up against Manly the week of review, and then again this week when there was so much talk about Brennan being on thin ice. The players probably could’ve had him sacked by now if they just threw in the towel the past month.
    The Mole must be getting info off someone. Could be players, staff or admin.
    Garth is gone.
    So it’s best to continue the conversation about who to replace him.

My mail (good source) is that Mal was given the assignment two weeks before it became public and he sounded Kevin W interest in putting his hat into the ring and Kev advised that he would not even think about it until after SOO.
    It is important to remember that two members of the Board voted against employing Brennan and it took Rebecca’s casting vote for him to get the job.

Walters can f right off. I’d rather keep Brennan and lose by 50 every week than have Walters here.
    His heart belongs with those brisbane scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Walters can f right off. I’d rather keep Brennan and lose by 50 every week than have Walters here.
    His heart belongs with those brisbane scum.
    This is how I feel too and just as strongly. In saying that Brennan can't just wipe his hands of how poorly we spent our cap with all these Penrith rejects from his "Black book". If they don't get moved on then he should pay a price for that.

What happened to Kevvie Walters supposedly hating the Broncos? Didn't his wife tell them to f off and publicly slammed them for stealing Kevvie's catchphrase and overlooking him in place of Seibold. Must have been all forgiven, true love.

In reality though I can't see Kevvie coaching the Broncos for years and years. Seibold is there for the next 5 years unless Brisbane don't lift and I doubt Kevvie will wait that long if he's serious about NRL coaching. Then again he mightn't want to risk it coming to us for his first job.

First Grader

Having listened to his Fox commentary last weekend, he was very biased towards the Broncos.

It would not a be a person I would want at the Titans as he would have his ear to the ground all the time as to what is happening at the Broncos waiting for his chance to jump ship if it arises.

If the club were to bring Walters onboard it could be a bit of a PR disaster. Especially if he didn't turn things around.

For one, how would Bodsy and his mates over the border feel about having Meninga, Gillmeister and Walters running the show. It'd possibly be the nail in the coffin for a lot of Northern NSW supporters.

And secondly, it would reinforce the "retirement village" image that we already have. It'd be seen as mates looking after mates once again. To look legit, the incoming coach would have to have nearly no association with Mal and Gilly whatsoever.
    Last edited by Toads; 12-06-19 at 08:49 AM.

QLD Cup

My take on Walters (from a very very long distance), is that he would only be successful with a team his heart is fully immersed in. A Bellamy type is a full professional who would provide excellence wherever he coaches.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    If the club were to bring Walters onboard it could be a bit of a PR disaster. Especially if he didn't turn things around.

For one, how would Bodsy and his mates over the border feel about having Meninga, Gillmeister and Walters running the show. It'd possibly be the nail in the coffin for a lot of Northern NSW supporters.

And secondly, it would reinforce the "retirement village" image that we already have. It'd be seen as mates looking after mates once again. To look legit, the incoming coach would have to have nearly no association with Mal and Gilly whatsoever.
    I’d be more than ok with Walters/Meninga running the Footy Dept but you do bring up a good point. I’m not sure how the casual fan in the Tweed/Northern Rivers would react to us being a fully QLD organisation. I might ask around a bit.

So we don't want to be looking like the little brother of the Broncos, don't want to look like we are taking Broncos cast offs but you'd be happy with Kevin bloody Walters? Broncos looked elsewhere and passed on him for a reason and I'm going to go out on a limb and say they do a better job of due diligence than we ever have.

Id be very happy with Kevy. His goofiness aside, when he gets down to talking nitty gritty footy he draws ppl in. He'd already be miles ahead of Brennan in terms of a management team. Broncos due diligence has always been better but i got a feeling the tide will turn soon
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Teke is that you. Are you OK. What's with the positive comment

Inactive User

How’s Kevin’s stocks now to be Coach post Perth??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    How’s Kevin’s stocks now to be Coach post Perth??
    I liked his press conference. That's the only plus I see. Everything else is a negative.

Inactive User

Got an opportunity to talk to about half a dozen 16 year olds today in Banora Point
    In a nutshell their response was that The Titans are trash just go for anyone but The Titans. They are embarrassing.

Well Thanks heaps Garth. You sure have future proofed our club like you said....NOT!
    When King got us to the semi against Brisbane when we were robbed there was definitely some respect and pride building again in our footy team.

But under This Blow In from Newcastle we are just an irrelevance and embarrassment in our own feeder zone

Just get rid of this failure now. He’s out of his depth and is causing irreparable damage by the day.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 29-06-19 at 11:18 AM.