Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

I would caution us all looking at a new coach Ie JD or JL. My reason is if you look at the clubs that like Tigers and Manly who appointed a experienced coach are all in the top 8. On Manly we need to consider where they are and the players in backline they have had out in DCE , Turbo and Walker. In my view it would be lovely to take on a new coach I would prefer is going for a experienced hardcore coach.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

McGuire is the one we needed, I still think what we would be with him at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I would caution us all looking at a new coach Ie JD or JL. My reason is if you look at the clubs that like Tigers and Manly who appointed a experienced coach are all in the top 8. On Manly we need to consider where they are and the players in backline they have had out in DCE , Turbo and Walker. In my view it would be lovely to take on a new coach I would prefer is going for a experienced hardcore coach.
    Agree completely BT and I can't believe people want to risk the same mistake that we have now by getting an unproven NRL coach. The obvious two are Bellamy and Bennett but we are not getting them. The problem is who is out there and I've said my bit about Toovey before. Looks to me as if the best options are locked up so if Brennan goes, yet again we'll have to be satisfied with next best. Personally I think the way things stand, we have the next best option already here in Big Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Agree completely BT and I can't believe people want to risk the same mistake that we have now by getting an unproven NRL coach. The obvious two are Bellamy and Bennett but we are not getting them. The problem is who is out there and I've said my bit about Toovey before. Looks to me as if the best options are locked up so if Brennan goes, yet again we'll have to be satisfied with next best. Personally I think the way things stand, we have the next best option already here in Big Mal.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. If we hire another unproven NRL coach and it doesn't work out, where does that leave us moving forward? You'd have to think relocation would be an even more prevalent possibility. Not a good idea.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. If we hire another unproven NRL coach and it doesn't work out, where does that leave us moving forward? You'd have to think relocation would be an even more prevalent possibility. Not a good idea.
    Any fan so much as giving oxygen to us folding or being relocated is doing a poor service to the kids and the city. To shut down debate by saying because you don’t agree with me then the Club will die is a bit difficult to swallow. Fighters not quitters is the culture on the field, on the staff and in the stands is what we have to be.
    Jimmy L is a genuine local. The passion of a local with the pulse of the community in his heart Coaching us would be a first. I can’t believe I’m arguing this because when Jimmy L was first suggested I too thought it was crazy but I’ve come to love the idea. Who was it that first suggested it?
    Cartwright-blow in who took his money and ran.
    Henry-blow in who to his credit has stayed and is now a semi-Local so I’d be open to the second coming of King.
    Brennan-blow In.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 17-05-19 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Any fan so much as giving oxygen to us folding or being relocated is doing a poor service to the kids and the city. To shut down debate by saying because you don’t agree with me then the Club will die is a bit difficult to swallow. Fighters not quitters is the culture on the field, on the staff and in the stands is what we have to be.
    Jimmy L is a genuine local. The passion of a local with the pulse of the community in his heart Coaching us would be a first. I can’t believe I’m arguing this because when Jimmy L was first suggested I too thought it was crazy but I’ve come to love the idea. Who was it that first suggested it?
    Henry-blow in who to his credit has stayed and is now a semi-Local so I’d be open to the second coming of King.
    Brennan-blow In.
    I don't give a flying if the coach is a blow in and in fact most coaches in the NRL are blow ins. We probably don't need yet another local with the laid back Coast approach (not saying JL is) and locals haven't done us any great favours to date have they. I reckon we need a tough mongrel and I don't care where they are from.
    Your criticism of Cartwright is a bit rough as he was here many years and most of us were just sick of his style and he was past his use by date. I don't really think he took his money and ran as he was punted - or was about to be.
    I agree with you about Henry - in essence he was shafted by Hayne who has since shown what a fine citizen he is. Frankly I'd be happy to have him back in the absence of anyone better.

Inactive User

I’m a bit dirty that Cartwright said he’d hang around and help the club at his last press conference but ten mins later he was out of here. I don’t like BS. I’m all up for a Henry return-history has proven him to have been correct.
    King Henry-I’m sorry.

Cartwright was taking half wages for the last couple of years as he knew where the club was financially. He then had to sue for the wages he was owed for the remainder of his contract.

Junior

Brennan-blow In.
    I just don’t know that I want to see Jimmy trying to find a perch on the roof at CBus.....

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Cartwright was taking half wages for the last couple of years as he knew where the club was financially. He then had to sue for the wages he was owed for the remainder of his contract.
    If true that changes everything for me. Is there a source to an article where I could read about this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    I just don’t know that I want to see Jimmy trying to find a perch on the roof at CBus.....

He might have to go the Ricky Stuart sideline method

If true that changes everything for me. Is there a source to an article where I could read about this?

- - - Updated - - -
    Just what I was told from one of the presidents of a GCJRL club back in the day.

Anyone. Please. Just anyone. ANYONE.

QLD Cup

The guy has lot the plot. His press conference today was just bewildering. How can Brennan possibly say that he isn't concerned with his tenure? His tenure is will directly depend on the games he wins and if he isnt' concerned about winning games then he shouldn't be there.

The comment about the Jesse Arthars article really had me scratching my head. Sure its nice to give him a debut after his mum passed a year ago but that should not be Brennans driving force for why he coaches. We need a coach that wants to win, not a coach that cares about his players feelings.

Inactive User

Brennan can GAGF
    Mal Meninga was meant to build culture too and this team lacks spirit and intensity

He’s failed too

But Brennan must go

Do it Titans Board
    Do it

Burleigh Bears with 160 mins of clean sheet footy right now ����

Also the second week in a row that they have put a cricket score on a team