Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

The more and more this is playing out I am thinking that maybe the players a sabotaging their games to get rid of Brennan as appears to be the case going by these articles as they aren't happy either.

Probably semantic DB but two of Manly's internationals have barely played this season. I think players like Wallace, Proctor, Cartwright, Peachey, Boyd, Roberts to name some are way past "potential" status and have a fair bit of rep footy among them. They are just not delivering.
    Line the two sides up and the Titans should be all over Manly at the moment.

Inactive User

Glad to see everyone is waking up finally and we are a unified fan base in wanting Brennan sent packing

This is what worries me about people like Mal and the talk of Walters as a coach. These guys aren't proven coaches, they have teams of proven elite players. Going ten pin bowling sounds like some sort of bonding session you have when you've won origin for ten years in a row, not for a team that are spooners.

Kelly made it publicly clear. Perform or we'll find someone else. Shame we can't have the same attitude with the players too. If the players have issues as described surely there is an avenue they can talk too, or does this explain Phil Moss' departure as well?

Letting these articles go unchecked or unanswered makes me laugh when they say "stick with us"

Junior

The problem is, their is no experienced big name coaches available that could lead us out of this sh*t storm

Henry will be the option.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Henry and the sook don’t get on do they??

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    This is what worries me about people like Mal and the talk of Walters as a coach. These guys aren't proven coaches, they have teams of proven elite players. Going ten pin bowling sounds like some sort of bonding session you have when you've won origin for ten years in a row, not for a team that are spooners.

Kelly made it publicly clear. Perform or we'll find someone else. Shame we can't have the same attitude with the players too. If the players have issues as described surely there is an avenue they can talk too, or does this explain Phil Moss' departure as well?

Letting these articles go unchecked or unanswered makes me laugh when they say "stick with us"

They've responded this afternoon it seems

Not sure why people are suggesting Henry. I wouldn't mind him coming back either but the man had legal action against the club. And then on the other side of things Henry would be pissed that we chose Hayne over him. Not sure the club would ever welcome him back with open arms and vice versa.

Inactive User

Dear Mr Bods

The Gold Coast Titans Board of Directors has asked the Club’s Head of Performance and Culture, Mal Meninga, to oversee a full and comprehensive mid-season review of the Titans’ football operations.

With the recent departure of former Titans Head of Football Phil Moss, the Board has decided to broaden Mr Meninga’s role to now also include direct oversight and control of the Football Department and its operations.

As the first assignment of his expanded role, the Board has asked Mr Meninga to work together with the Club’s coaches, staff and players to conduct a full and comprehensive review of all Football Department operations and performance with instructions to report back to the Board with his findings and recommendations.

The Club continues to grow and evolve in other areas of the business and believes the foundations for the Club’s future success are in place.

However the Board believes that on-field performances from the Titans over the first 10 rounds of the NRL premiership have not met the Club’s standards for success, nor the expectations of our Members, supporters and corporate partners.

Therefore, the Board decided that a holistic review of our football operations was required to ensure the team and its supporters are being given the best chance to savour success in the NRL premiership.

The Board gratefully acknowledges the on-going support of the Titans’ major sponsors, corporate partners, Members and fans, and reaffirms the Club’s commitment to creating a successful rugby league team for the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers communities to be proud of.

#sackbrennan
    Update your mail preferences here

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Crawley is one of the few journos I would trust.
    Hahah why? The guy uses a burner account on twitter to praise himself and talks absolute rubbish. The only reason he has a job is because his brother is the Head of TV at Fox. By no means am I supporting Brennan, but I'd be willing to bet that Crawley just saw the players bowling on Instagram and made a story about it. Matty Johns even said on his podcast today that sometimes when a team is struggling the best thing to do is instead of training, get the team to go sit down and have lunch and a beer together and talk about things that aren't footy. I'm sure Crawley's just scraping the barrel with this story, which players could we realistically imagine would be complaining to the media? The only one who deserves to whinge is Jai and that's definitely not his style.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Henry and the sook don’t get on do they??
    That’s a great reason though to recycle Henry. They tried bringing in a cheerleader and a pony for him in the Brennan/Roberts duo and all that’s happened is he has taken the piss.

Bring back someone to Bully him. This time he’d have nowhere to hide as Henry would have full control. Worst case scenario would be The Sook goes and Sooks it to The Drongoes.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    I'm sure Crawley's just scraping the barrel with this story, which players could we realistically imagine would be complaining to the media? The only one who deserves to whinge is Jai and that's definitely not his style.
    I'm not going to waste time defending a journo, however I just generally find Crawley not to be the stirrer that other journo's are.
    It isn't a coincidence that his story was out about the time the review was announced so he wasn't far off. Second point is that he didn't say a player contacted him, he said someone extremely close to the club contacted him. There are heaps of potential people.

Inactive User

Titans now coming last

#SACKBRENNAN

Still reckon we went the wrong way back when Brennan got the gig over Demetriou. Probably the biggest stuff up in the Clubs recent history for mine (next to the under performing million dollar man).

As for the Walters, Henry, Cartwright, Toovey talk. It'd be a no thanks from me. That said, I got no other names to throw into the ring.

Our prospects seem fairly bleak.