Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Well, I reckon this thread might be as relevant as ever; after tonight’s performance.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Well, I reckon this thread might be relevant again now; after tonight’s performance.
    It never stopped being relevant
    Brennan must go
    He can’t get a team to play more that 30mins a game
    Message not getting through
    No courage to make hard decisions
    He’s a snake oil salesman who talked himself into a job where he’s out of his depth

Rectify the error

I’d even take back King Henry immediately because he doesn’t take crap, he holds his ground.

But yeah I’d take Mal Walters Toovey Demetriou Flanagan you name an out of work coach and i would say come aboard brother

King Henry , must be laughing to himself every week. This team is a train wreck. Brennan has to go , why o why was he given another year. He promised “ LOTS “ given us nothing. Can’t make hard decisions , if he was capable of doing it , Ash Taylor should be the first player dropped , closely followed by Proctor.

Inactive User

^^^ wasn’t Henry basically doing the tactics and a lot of the heavy lifting for Mal Meninga in the Maroons set up in your glory years QLD fans???
    Maybe Mal would love to get that combination going again.

King Henry I’m pretty sure built a house in Burleigh and loves it here.

Bring back King clap clap clap
    Bring back King clap clap clap

Come on join in lads you know you want to
    He told Hayne where to shove it
    King/Mal-Make it happen!

When the coach says he was impressed with the gutsy effort from todays game he is delusional and dangerous to publicly say those things. Bye Brennan, get your resume out.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    When the coach says he was impressed with the gutsy effort from todays game he is delusional and dangerous to publicly say those things. Bye Brennan, get your resume out.
    Well I just watched it too
    He’s thrilled with how we went
    What a disconnect he has between himself and the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well I just watched it too
    He’s thrilled with how we went
    What a disconnect he has between himself and the fans
    But if you read the prozac (don't say anything nasty) Titans fan pages others are saying the same thing. Maybe I need a break from league.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    But if you read the prozac (don't say anything nasty) Titans fan pages others are saying the same thing. Maybe I need a break from league.
    These are the only pages I read for Titans discussion
    You have surprised me so much by telling me that

Clearly everyone's taken the negative so far but I am definitely behind Brennan with this game. Few tough calls and injuries but we still looked a lot stronger in attack and defence. Main negative I could see were our errors and quite frankly Garth can't control that for the most part. There was a few calls that went against us and I was beyond pleased to see Garth question them at the press conference (sick of not seeing him even acknowledge them).

First Grader

At this point in time i stand by garth

Inactive User

2W 6L and there’s support. Makes me think we have a losing culture right across all levels
    Only here on the GC would that be tolerated
    We have huge issues

Cronulla with a rookie coach and a depleted team pulled off a win against a full strength Melbourne tonight with the help of a passionate but smallish crowd tonight, which shows culture.

What do we do here?? Tolerate mediocrity, coming 2nd last and having a 2 out of 8 record.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-05-19 at 11:05 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    2W 6L and there’s support. Makes me think we have a losing culture right across all levels
    Only here on the GC would that be tolerated
    We have huge issues

Cronulla with a rookie coach and a depleted team pulled off a win against a full strength Melbourne tonight with the help of a passionate but smallish crowd tonight, which shows culture.

What do we do here?? Tolerate mediocrity, coming 2nd last and having a 2 out of 8 record.
    I just cant remember when we have looked this exciting in atrack. Yeah it isnt always consistent but its building. I dont feel chopping and changing a coach every 2 years is the answer right now. We dont get those injuires samis not slow and burns granville trys awarded and i generally think we go on to easily win that. They scored 2 trys at the end off of our tiredness.

The players need to learn as theyre getting up to extend thejr forearm down for that split second so they get set at markers just before the ptb happens.

My only issue with Brennan, apart from the fact he smiles more than Beatie, is playing people away from their strengths. Kelly goes so much better on the left and Cartwright looks great on the right. Peachey hasn’t won me yet but he hasn’t lost me either. Proctor has though. All this could change if Arthars, Lee and/or Leo don’t get a crack shortly. Or if Matthews gets a look in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I don’t subscribe to the theory you build teams over time. The NRL demands results each and every year and it is the coach who is on decent money is required to get the results. I don’t see Hasler requiring a year to get his team firing from pretty much the same team as last year.

All what I hear from Brennan is excuses from what is an abysmal year in which most players have gone backwards.

The owners need to step in and put him on notice that the current results, recruiting and players performance is not acceptable for the club and changes in coaching and players will be made unless there is a demonstrable improvement in performance for the rest of the year as qualifying for the top 8 is already out of reach after only a third of the competition completed.

Brennan needs to publicly acknowledge that the accountability rests with him

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I don’t subscribe to the theory you build teams over time. The NRL demands results each and every year and it is the coach who is on decent money is required to get the results. I don’t see Hasler requiring a year to get his team firing from pretty much the same team as last year.

All what I hear from Brennan is excuses from what is an abysmal year in which most players have gone backwards.

The owners need to step in and put him on notice that the current results, recruiting and players performance is not acceptable for the club and changes in coaching and players will be made unless there is a demonstrable improvement in performance for the rest of the year as qualifying for the top 8 is already out of reach after only a third of the competition completed.

Brennan needs to publicly acknowledge that the accountability rests with him
    I agree totally. This is Brennan's team with his recruits. I thought one of the owners or execs said top 8 was the expectation as a minimum this year so his clock is ticking. I wouldn't normally on a new coaches back like this but it's the lack of improvement across all aspects that has basically convinced me that he is not our man. I was one of the last on here to want Henry gone, in fact if it wasn't for Hayne I wonder how he would go with this lot.