Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Gold Coach Titans Coach for 2020 - Who Replaces Brennan?

The time has come early for us to start discussing next season.

You cant win every week, and its fine to start a season slow, but we look a league below the other teams in the NRL and we have only played one good team so far.

All cards on the table - who do you want? who don't you want? Is anyone brave enough to say Brennan will still be in charge come 2020?

Ita bit out there but last year when he was asked what club other than his current club would he like to coach, he replied” Gold Coast Titans.” The man.....BELLYACHE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Ita bit out there but last year when he was asked what club other than his current club would he like to coach, he replied” Gold Coast Titans.” The man.....BELLYACHE!!!
    absolutely! He is the gold standard to which we must aspire. honestly id' love bellamy for ONE DAY to talk some sense into this mob

Inactive User

Firstly when we got rid of Henry and in its lead up I pushed the Bellamy Dream and then when it got serious I wanted Brennan

I was very wrong and I’m sorry and I take ownership for being an IMbecile

Let’s try Bellamy again-see if he could ask Storm for a compassionate transfer

Otherwise Toovey/Walters as Interim and then go after Cameron Smith like DB suggested

On ya bike Brennan

Yep me too ... I’m done with Brennan ... for the first time ever I turned off at half time.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Beat you Titanic. I turned off at the 30 minute mark.
    In my view, if you have a club with internal ructions, cliques or squabbles or a team with a crap front office, you can understand that it will translate onto the field. But we don’t have any of them. We have a team that is a one trick pony in terms of attack and it seems we do not have the ability to adapt to changed circumstances in a game. To me, that comes down to the coaching, particularly with the roster we have. Good guys don’t win you ****. Already, it is time to look beyond Brennan and his two sidekicks. If Bellyache isn’t available for 18 months, get Toovey up here to ut some mongrel in them. He wouldn’t wear the crap being served up.
    Having said that, I just have to sit back and wait for the “told you, your team is ****” phone calls that will flow for days.

The club doesn't have the money to get a decent coach. The coach we could attract is the kind of coach that tells every player on the field to play their "natural game" and all of a sudden no one knows what anyone is doing on game day. Oh wait, we already got him.

Bellamy would obviously be ideal and would turn this club around you’d think, but at this point and age I don’t think he would make the move. A). We wouldn’t have the money that other clubs would be throwing at him and B). I don’t see him leaving Melbourne, they will not let him leave. Toovey would be awesome and would instil a tough edge but I’m not sure on any other options.

My main concern is that we change coach and we still have to go through another 2-3 years of building because our roster is buggered. Yes we have a fairly strong roster but we have absolute wastes of money on big money e.g Cartwright, Peachey, Boyd etc that are in long term deals and won’t have any clubs willing to take them most likely.

How many coaches do we have to go through? I feel like as a club we are just cursed and will never be a force no matter who or what we have. At the point where I’ve lost all hope and all passion for footy.

The thing with Bellyache is he would be the same as most of the over priced players we have bought here, which is he would be coming here beyond his best, looking for something a little less taxing, that pays enough money for a comfortable lifestyle.

We need someone hungry for success and a truly competitive mindset, with no "the effort was there" BS, and who isn't asking top shelf money.

Someone like Toovey.

Inactive User

Who here would take back either Cartwright or Henry??
    I liked watching us play from 2007-2010 under Cartwright and after that our style went backwards as well as culture.

Henry on the other hand certainly was a man of solid conviction and did really well considering we were at Pizzey Park as our training facilities and then The Flog Hayne came took a big piss, poo and vomit on everything in our club.

King Henry!!! Come back Sir-all is forgiven

And something else, Toovey's post game press conferences would be worth the price of admission!

I would't go backwards to Henry and hells no to Carty, although Henry could be part of the recruitment team - that was always his strength.

I think a few of us turned our noses up at Maguire, myself included....oops. that was a bad call. He is EXACTLY what we needed.

I love Kevvie and think he could do it, but i do worry about having 2 'friendly' coaches in a row. i think is harder and tougher than he makes out, but i just think we need a disciplinarian to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Id take Mal as Head Coach with 2 of his cronies as technical coaches. IF he is holding the clip board then the fear would be real

I think there is a reason that Kevvie keeps getting passed over as Broncos coach. You only have to listen to him on Fox to see that he aint no smart coach. Bellamy is a pipe dream so just forget that idea.
    I wonder what Henry is thinking with all of this - Hayne screwed him and it is still screwing us.
    And yep - we have the coach right here. Mal is already on the payroll.

Those glory years of Cartwright were a team driven by the roster ... Campbell, Prince, Bailey, Rogers, etc. Henry was no better.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

To be fair, I thought Henry did really well.
    He took us to the finals, and let’s be serious who knows how deep we could have gone of the Hayne plane hadn’t landed.
    He was building a squad, which has shown potential. Let’s just say his recruits are showing more than Brennan’s.