Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Or we could just save some cash and throw it at Bellamy??
    https://amp.couriermail.com.au/sport...9bde15d03c7add

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Fair rebuttal that one. I’m keen on anyone other than Brennan right now. Someone could suggest Ivan Milat and I’d see some positives in it.
    My favourite suggestion at the moment remains Jim Lenihan.
    I am going to the Burleigh Bears Race day today... want me to word him up?

I thought Flanagan was assed by the NRL and can't coach here anyway?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    For sure. Let him know that his name is being mentioned among some of the fans

To use a car analogy let’s trade the Datsun 120y for a McLaren ( Bellamy). Get our football budget and go all in. I would volunteer to run the water each season if that was to happen.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Ok, they have some classier players than us but look what an almighty rev-up from a coach does to a team. None of this “we tried hard” from Bellamy.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Lol how you go mate? Not just the betting but with JL?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Come on JA!! Fill us in.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    I only quickly talked to him in passing but floated the idea to him. Just asked what he’d think if he was asked to coach the Titans
    To be honest I think it was a bit of shock at first and he quickly responded nah nah, then I think the idea sunk in a bit and and then he said “well yeah”
    Sorry that all I’ve got.
    P.S went alright on the punt. Left with more than I started with so...

Awesome on the both sides ja ... especially the punt, perhaps you'll share your secret formula because mine certainly doesn't work :-(
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I might be a minority here, but I don’t think JL is what we need. I don’t doubt that he’s a good QCUP coach, but Garth was a premiership winning NSW cup and U20’s coach at Penrith and we all know how that’s turned out. I think if we’re going to look for another coach, they need to be a proven at NRL level for a start. Also, it needs to be someone thats not afraid to make big calls, and not backwards in coming forward. Easier said than done I know, but the club will be in absolute crisis mode (if it isn’t already) if we put someone like him on and it doesn’t work out. We’ll essentially be repeating the same mistake.
    Last edited by Dobes; 16-05-19 at 09:23 PM.

Brother I hear you but unfortunately there is currently a coaching shortage in the NRL.

We have available - Neil Henry, Anthony Griffin, Flanagan, Toovey that I know of.

Flanagan is a cheat and whilst he’s good I don’t think many in the fan base would take it well

Griffin would be good for a couple of years as a disciplinarian maybe. Personally I’d rate him as an assistant and nothing much else.

Neil personally I loved the guy, he was a great recruiter but wasn’t great at man managing (which is the complete oppisite of Garth)

Toovey is at manly and looks like linking up with des again so he’s probably out.

So we are probably left with an assistant, a qcup coach or a super league coach. And out of all those untested options I personally would rather we give JL a crack. But promote him to assistant and see if he can handle that first I guess

What ever happened to Jason Demetriou? He's still in Waynes shadow I assume

Inactive User

#sackBrennan and #anointJimmyL are movements now that are gaining momentum. Get on board as it is now sweeping the Beautiful City.

QLD Cup

Haha Bods you crack me up.

He is there at Souths with Wayne JB. I saw an article the other day saying that we would consider a move to the UK if a head coach position doesn't open up in the NRL. We really did miss the boat with him. Hindsight is a great thing but I feel like him or Madge would have brought that hard lined, no excuses, mentality with them. If I remember correctly the reason why Brennan got the nod over him was he had proven success in the U20's, but most importantly, he claimed to be the best man to get the best from our million dollar man. The seems to be going well (cough cough).