Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    You seem to have selected memory syndrome or you just don’t read properly.
    Every bit of inside info I’ve passed on has been on the money thus far.
    If you're going too be so bold and call me out then back it up by posting the quotes of which have not eventuated.
    Mate you wonder why willhelm and the rest on here are giving it to you, you literally said that Kevvie will be our coach 100% which was obviously wrong, and yet you still claim that you “have been on the money”. People would respect you more if you admitted you got it wrong, just a tip

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Literally every rumour you’ve vaguely hinted at has been in the media for days to weeks before you posted it. You always couch it in language that you can point back to later for plausible deniability like this post about Kevin Walters:

You always get so defensive if anyone so much as questions you which indicates to me that you’re not telling or at least embellishing the truth. I gave you the benefit of the doubt earlier but after the Walters hot tip turning out to be rubbish I’m ready to call your bluff. I reckon you’re just an attention seeker LARPing as a journo. Even if the Arrow rumour turns out to be true, it doesn’t mean your info is legit, just that you hedged your bets and one finally paid off. Broken clock etc. Maybe go back to spruiking Jackson Hastings as the solution to our centre woes. That at least provides some laughs.

JB you cheeky little double agent you're so funny. You didn't post any quotes that were wrong so shut the f#ck up.
    Looks on the money to me but maybe you don't think Mal has stepped up.
    Here's the thing mate as I've already said, the Titans really were hot on Kevvie to come in this year but he was (undecided). Not sure where I read that.
    And I'm not sure where I read about the playing group being disgruntled with Brennans ***** screaming (check out the dates of my posts it was wayback). Must of got lucky I guess
    Funny that as a new poster only listed in june this year you remember the Hastings bull**** (WTF) but now your memory escapes you that you can't find a wrong post from me that you eluded to.
    And mate I'm just defending my integrity nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Okay does no one else find it concerning that he's basically saying that we will not be competitive until 2023 because we are stuck with all of the same crappy players? Sure I would hate to pay players to play for other clubs but we have to cut a heap of players for next year and 2021. Seriously if we don't cut any dead weight over the off season next year will be an absolute shambles just like this one and the club will fold within a couple of years if we keep finishing in the bottom 4.

Matty Johns said it best on his podcast. He hates when teams say "we are in rebuilding mode" because it's basically telling all other 15 teams that you are no chance at competing for the next few years.

Goodbye Titans if we can't at least challenge for the top 8 next year.
    At first I was concerned but I also think they are Looking At it logically.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Hahahhahahaa classic.

JB you triple agent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Mate you wonder why willhelm and the rest on here are giving it to you, you literally said that Kevvie will be our coach 100% which was obviously wrong, and yet you still claim that you “have been on the money”. People would respect you more if you admitted you got it wrong, just a tip
    And mate you can't read so go to the broncos forum. Get stuffed

Post the quote where I said literally said that "Kevvie will be our coach 100%"
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 30-07-19 at 07:09 PM.

**** Ravs, I blocked your **** last year. I don't care what you write in here or who believes you. I sure as hell aren't making fake accounts to annoy you. You're a classic troll. Seen it heaps of times.

Truth be told, I was at the movies tonight. Do I need to produce the ticket to prove it hahaha.

Inactive User

I see nobody heeded my suggestion that we move on now.
    So ummm errr how about Banora Point swimmer Sun Yang hey?? What a character.

Thanks for the insight on iro everyone. Seems to be an astute pickup.

I would've thought 2022 would be the target. Boyd and Wallace are the only players currently contracted beyond 2021 and Wallace is providing good value for money.
    Off Contract end 2020
    Copley
    Don
    Hipgrave
    James
    Latu
    Matthews
    Peats
    Proctor
    Roberts
    Sami
    Stone.

These players above are all off contract end of next year. If it was me I would be saying to those players that we don't want to keep, that I wouldn't extend there contracting if they can get an extended deal else where they are free to go. 6 of those I wouldn't extend and if they move on then we can free up some cash to go to the market for next year. Also if it were me running the list I would have held that conversation already to those players. So not a complete doom and gloom as people would think.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ the revelation that Matthews is signed for next season has ruined my morning
    The others on that list are potentially still of some use with good coaching and culture

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Thanks for the insight on iro everyone. Seems to be an astute pickup.
    This snippet of an article in 2018 shows what he has been doing lately... Iro is help in high regard in NZ and in the UK as a player and in coaching roles.

The Warriors have a new reserve grade coach with Tony Iro moving into a full-time assistants role with the first grade squad.

Iro was only appointed coach of the club's Intrust Super Premiership (ISP) side in November following the end-of-season review which saw him move on as head of recruitment and development.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...e-for-tony-iro

Also selector and Assistant Coach of the New Zealand national rugby league team and a former rugby league footballer. He was a New Zealand international - a veteran of 25 Tests, playing either on the wing or in the second row.[1][4]

Iro first played as a professional in England played with the Wigan Warriors from 1987 to 1989. During the 1988–89 season Iro played on the wing in Wigan's 22-17 victory over Salford in the 1988 Lancashire Cup Final at Knowsley Road, St. Helens on Sunday 23 October 1988.[6]

He made his début for the Kiwis in the 1988 World Cup Final against Australia. Playing on the wing, he scored a try on debut, but the Kiwis were defeated 25-12 in front of 47,363 at Auckland's Eden Park.

During the 1988–89 season Iro played on the wing in the 12-6 victory over Widnes Vikings in the 1988–89 John Player Special Trophy Final at Burnden Park, Bolton on Saturday 7 January 1989.[7]

Iro moved to Australia in 1990 and played for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. He played at the 1995 Rugby League World Cup for the Kiwis, helping them to the semi-finals where they again went down to Australia in extra time.

He signed with new Super League club Hunter Mariners and after a season with his brother Kevin, ventured to play for the Adelaide Rams after moving to the forwards. Iro, who at the time played for the short-lived Adelaide Rams (1997–98), earlier in 1998 became the only Rams player selected for international duty when he played in the ANZAC Test against Australia at the North Harbour Stadium in Auckland. Iro's last international series was against Great Britain in England in late 1998 where he played from the bench in the first two tests of the series, both won by NZ. Following the demise of the Rams, 1999 found Iro at the South Sydney Rabbitohs before his return to England.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ the revelation that Matthews is signed for next season has ruined my morning
    The others on that list are potentially still of some use with good coaching and culture
    The 2020 part of his contract is a club option I believe, so your morning hasn't been ruined yet. Maybe later in the year if we are run by morons.

Rep Player

Iro strikes me as a Mal signing. There is a large contingent of kiwis on the coast so could be good to have an assistant that resonates with them and to bring through kiwi juniors. I went to Hayne's first game back in 2016 and there were a lot of kiwis in the crowd. Yeah, the game was against the Warriors, but if we can bring through some young NZ lads into our side maybe some of the supporters could be convinced to switch allegiance or at the very least have us as their second team. Imagine if we had the next kiwi superstar -- surely all the local kiwis would start attending Titans home games.

Iro strikes me as a Mal signing. There is a large contingent of kiwis on the coast so could be good to have an assistant that resonates with them and to bring through kiwi juniors. I went to Hayne's first game back in 2016 and there were a lot of kiwis in the crowd. Yeah, the game was against the Warriors, but if we can bring through some young NZ lads into our side maybe some of the supporters could be convinced to switch allegiance or at the very least have us as their second team. Imagine if we had the next kiwi superstar -- surely all the local kiwis would start attending Titans home games.
    We had a few extras supporting us after the Hurrell signing.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We had a few extras supporting us after the Hurrell signing.
    Agree with Hurrell point. Also we have Ezra Howe in recruitment and he is from the NZ side of things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Off Contract end 2020
    Copley
    Don
    Hipgrave
    James
    Latu
    Matthews
    Peats
    Proctor
    Roberts
    Sami
    Stone.

These players above are all off contract end of next year. If it was me I would be saying to those players that we don't want to keep, that I wouldn't extend there contracting if they can get an extended deal else where they are free to go. 6 of those I wouldn't extend and if they move on then we can free up some cash to go to the market for next year. Also if it were me running the list I would have held that conversation already to those players. So not a complete doom and gloom as people would think.
    I like your thinking here BT

Copley
    Don
    Hipgrave
    James
    Latu
    Matthews
    Peats???
    Proctor
    Roberts
    Sami
    Stone.

What's your 6 BT.
    ? on Peats but he does have have leadership qualities for mine
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 31-07-19 at 06:30 PM.