Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
    First Grader

On NRL tonight whilst discussing the pressure on kevin walters regarding origin, brent read mentioned the added pressure due to the gold coast job and also mentioned it was between him and justin holbrook from super league or they are the front runners...

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    That about sums it up for me as well DB. I'd only keep one of Peats and Rein though, I don't think we need both and should bring a youngster through off the bench to fill that role. I'd preferably keep Peats because I think he is a better defender and leader and Rein tends to gas a bit in games. In saying that though, Peats really needs to work on his passing to get back to where he used to be.

I'd also like to add a list of players that we need to get rid of if we are ever going to be able compete at NRL level.

Boyd - Massively overpaid and one dimensional.
    Don - I've moaned about him enough but to some up he personifies mediocracy.
    Latu & Stockwell - Not NRL standard. Taking up too much cap space.
    Matthews - Obviously.
    Roberts - He just cannot stay when Brennan goes. Sure he has had some good games this year but when he plays bad he is really bad. He demands so much of the ball so when he's off the whole team suffers. Not only that but during his first stint here he was detrimental for the culture of the team, so when he is no longer the teachers pet I can imagine him slipping back into those ways.

Others that would need to prove themselves very quickly:

Proctor - Yes he's been a plodder but he hasn't been working off a decent game plan or playing outside a permanent half. I actually think that if you can put a decent game in front of him then he will respond. But also he should be trialled on the left edge also.
    Wallace - Should be dropped to the bench and told to improve his discipline (also should develop a fend!)
    Peachey - If he improved his attitude and bought into the place he would make a great 14.
    Taylor - Give him a decent coach and take his safety nets away from him (Eg. Roberts, Brennan) and I firmly believe he will bounce back.

The rest I am niether here nor there on. I like the additions of Whitbread and Arthars this year but niether are week in-week out first graders yet. They will be but they need to earn their stripes first.
    I’m an unabashed fan of your work NZ
    Gee you write good stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    On NRL tonight whilst discussing the pressure on kevin walters regarding origin, brent read mentioned the added pressure due to the gold coast job and also mentioned it was between him and justin holbrook from super league or they are the front runners...
    Brent Read over the years I’ve noticed is extremely accurate when it comes to getting mail on the Titans

Wasn't Holbrook the bloke that The Mole (from this forum) gave a shout out to last month?

His record sounded good enough. Fingers crossed for him over Walters.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Wasn't Holbrook the bloke that The Mole (from this forum) gave a shout out to last month?

His record sounded good enough. Fingers crossed for him over Walters.
    Yes that was him.

I think I'll be disappointed in whoever we get because the hard ar5e coaches that we need are all tied up. I was sort of coming around to Griffin as he appears to be a fairly strong type. I know nothing about Holbrook but I'd just rather someone who has NRL experience.
    I'll just wait now and see who the unlucky bloke is. All I know is Garth has to go, and quickly.

I wonder how Demetriou would had performed?

I think given what's currently out there, Holbrook would be a great pick up. The guy has an 80% win rate at St. Helen's and he has been on the coaching staff for a few NRL clubs. So I think he'd be capable if he was called up. If not him, then I definitely think Griffin. As others have alluded to, Barrett and JT are absolute cancers to any club. I can't believe they're even being considered in the first place...

Where have all the Henry fans gone? I have no comment on our next coach. After a lifetime in and around the game I am bereft of ideas.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Where have all the Henry fans gone? I have no comment on our next coach. After a lifetime in and around the game I am bereft of ideas.
    I’d welcome Henry back

Junior

From what I have read Justin Holbrook is having a fantastic season in England, I’m sure someone on here more knowledgeable about the super league could tell me but he is coaching St. Helens one of the biggest teams over there, isn’t it usually a three horse race every year between St. Helens, Leeds and Wigan??

First Grader

I like justin holbrook far more than any other coach mentioned (besides bellamy and bennett).

Titans Results

2007 - 12th
    2008 - 13th
    2009 - 3rd
    2010 - 4th
    2011 - 16th
    2012 - 12th
    2013 - 9th
    2014 - 14th
    2015 - 14th
    2016 - 8th
    2017 - 15th
    2018 - 14th
    2019 - 15th

Terrible Results. This decision is one of the most important in the clubs history. We can't have year after year results like this.
    Psmitty

Junior

Reading that puts into perspective how bad things have been since the start psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Titans Results

2007 - 12th
    2008 - 13th
    2009 - 3rd
    2010 - 4th
    2011 - 16th
    2012 - 12th
    2013 - 9th
    2014 - 14th
    2015 - 14th
    2016 - 8th
    2017 - 15th
    2018 - 14th
    2019 - 15th

Terrible Results. This decision is one of the most important in the clubs history. We can't have year after year results like this.
    Cowboys over their first 12 years in the league.
    1995 20/20
    1996 17/20
    1997 10/10 Super league
    1998 16/20
    1999 16/17
    2000 14/14
    2001 13/14
    2002 11/15
    2003 11/15
    2004 7/15
    2005 5/15
    2006 9/15
    2007 3/16

So in their first 12 years they finished last 3 times, 2nd last 2 times, and had negative win/loss records in all but 3 seasons. They also finished 15/16 in 2008 after finishing 3rd the year before.
    This just goes to show that it can be turned around if the club and it members/fans all hang in there.

The cowboys did however in that first 12 years make a GF in 05.

Source Sporting News.

A dark horse has emerged in the race to replace Garth Brennan at the Titans - former Bulldogs, Wests and Eels star Jim Dymock.

Queensland coach Kevvie Walters is the favourite for the job but I'm hearing there is some resistance to him - particularly as he is on the verge of back-to-back Origin series losses.

Dymock has served a long apprenticeship at a number of clubs and I'm being told he is well thought of on the glitter strip.

Brennan moved a step closer to losing his job following his team's awful loss at home to Manly on Saturday and I'm being told he will be lucky to last another month in the job.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Anyone have any thoughts on Jim Dymock as our coach? Yay or Nay?
    Psmitty