Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I bet Holbrook is kicking himself with the Newcastle job available and him being a former player.
    Well done then to our management for not dilly dallying and getting the best man available

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I bet Holbrook is kicking himself with the Newcastle job available and him being a former player.
    I don't like the self-denigration. I think the Titans would be an attractive club for any experienced/confident coach to take on. Not just for the lifestyle of the Beautiful City but for the opportunity to be the one to turn around the fortunes of a club and fanbase that have suffered for years. Brennan obviously wasn't the one and he failed, but I believe that the right coach will turn things around and quickly. Yes, there's a lot of deadwood in our roster that will take a few years to clean out (Matthews down, several others to go), but there's also a lot of talent that have played nowhere near their potential this year. Imagine if Holbrook can get the likes of Ash, AJ, Peats, Proctor, Carty, Peachey firing. My word, that would be something to watch. Then there's the highly talented junior base coming through and the impending pay-off of the systems they have been building over the past few years. There's a lot to look forward to.

Brent Read saying that Arrow is looking to go elsewhere November 1, going to hit the open market.

Just realised I put this in the wrong thread. Sorry guys
    Last edited by Dobes; 22-08-19 at 10:07 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Brent Read saying that Arrow is looking to go elsewhere November 1, going to hit the open market.
    He keeps saying in the media he not only wants to stay but wants to be a leader.
    I’m remaining confident he’s re-signing with his local community.

I’ll be calling RVS and his mate a genius though and disgusted with Arrow really deeply if I’m wrong.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 22-08-19 at 07:49 PM.

It is a worry that he hasn't signed as yet. He's been saying for about 5 weeks he wants to stay so it is either Titans incompetence or Arrow has been less than honest. If he leaves we might as well switch off the life support.

Junior

And this is where we need to be Henry-esque. Establish a fair market value and stick to it! I love Jai, and would love him to stay but as a club we can’t let fear and emotion let us pay overs.
    Make a fair offer, add in bonuses as a sweetener, but if someone wants to pay an extra 50 or 100k then let him go.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It is a worry that he hasn't signed as yet. He's been saying for about 5 weeks he wants to stay so it is either Titans incompetence or Arrow has been less than honest. If he leaves we might as well switch off the life support.
    Jesus MT that might be easy for you to say as you still are predominantly Manly whereas I’ll be completely shattered, heartbroken and will despise NRL if we didn’t exist.
    No matter what comes our way we fight on and never give up and never consider for a moment our kids and community not having a footy Team. Love u like a brother but I must rebuke that sort of talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    And this is where we need to be Henry-esque. Establish a fair market value and stick to it! I love Jai, and would love him to stay but as a club we can’t let fear and emotion let us pay overs.
    Make a fair offer, add in bonuses as a sweetener, but if someone wants to pay an extra 50 or 100k then let him go.

Yeah we can’t go further destroying our cap for a toiler in the middle. Got to pay market value indeed and if he doesn’t love his hometown enough to stay then Bon voyage but we will remember it when he comes back in his mid 30s post footy.

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    100% agree. No one player makes a club unless they're a future immortal. He is injury prone and will miss three games a year to Origin. Hold firm and if he goes he goes. Great if he stays, but he's not worth a million or close to that to stay.

If arrow leaves after all the talk he's said in the media about how much he loves the club then he is worse then Jimmy the jet and cherry evans. There's now way the club wouldn't offer him a good deal and he always talks about how much he loves the coast, he should be our captain, if he turns his back on captaining his hometown team then stuff him

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Jesus MT that might be easy for you to say as you still are predominantly Manly whereas I’ll be completely shattered, heartbroken and will despise NRL if we didn’t exist.
    No matter what comes our way we fight on and never give up and never consider for a moment our kids and community not having a footy Team. Love u like a brother but I must rebuke that sort of talk.
    You probably took me a bit too seriously Bods but I'll accept the rebuke. No way do I want the Titans to fold, whether I have another side or not, and I'd be devastated if that did happen. My point was that if we lose blokes like Arrow you really wonder about the future - ok let's not turn off life support but you'd wonder how long we'd be in intensive care!

On Arrow, I just read an article in todays Bully about his signing and a quote where he says he has told his manager not to tell him anything until the new contract is done. Words like that and I don't have the article in front of me now. I find those sorts of comments just BS in the extreme. You can't tell me that a Manager doesn't frequently update a player about discussions with other clubs. Imagine if Arrow's manager goes to him and says "Jai, we agreed not to discuss contracts until a new deal was done and I can now tell you I've agreed on your behalf, to a new deal with the Raiders. They have great summers and warm winters and you'll love it down there". Utter BS. I don't like the way this is going and I've started writing my apology to RVS.

Arrow opens up on Titans future
    Murray Wenzel, Gold Coast Bulletin
    August 22, 2019 5:59pm
    Subscriber only
    JAI Arrow has seen NRL rivals and teammates distracted by their own contract negotiations, so has told his manager to keep him in the dark until his are finalised.

The Gold Coast lock insists his preference is to remain at the Titans, where his form since arriving from Brisbane two seasons ago has seen his stocks soar. Off contract after the 2020 season, the Queensland State of Origin representative has reportedly attracted plenty of interest elsewhere - but he doesn’t want to know about it.

“I’ve spoken to manager twice, he asked me if I wanted to know what’s going on and I said ‘No, not really until you’ve finalised everything’,” he said.

“I’ve seen players get caught up in contract negotiations, it just hasn’t worked and it wouldn’t work for me, so I just try and stay out of that.”

Asked if he was tempted to move to a more successful club, Arrow replied: “To be honest, no it’s not really, I love it here.” The Titans have lost a club-record eight straight games either side of axed coach Garth Brennan’s departure.

Things won’t get any easier when they travel to Melbourne to face a chastened Storm side motivated by a loss to Canberra last weekend at AAMI Park after they led 18-0.

Searching for positives, Arrow said Canberra’s shock win showed the Storm were beatable.

And he said his side had been working harder to find success than many critics had suggested.

“For all the people that don’t think we’re working hard, I’d love to see them come down and train and see how they go,” he said.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You probably took me a bit too seriously Bods but I'll accept the rebuke. No way do I want the Titans to fold, whether I have another side or not, and I'd be devastated if that did happen. My point was that if we lose blokes like Arrow you really wonder about the future - ok let's not turn off life support but you'd wonder how long we'd be in intensive care!

On Arrow, I just read an article in todays Bully about his signing and a quote where he says he has told his manager not to tell him anything until the new contract is done. Words like that and I don't have the article in front of me now. I find those sorts of comments just BS in the extreme. You can't tell me that a Manager doesn't frequently update a player about discussions with other clubs. Imagine if Arrow's manager goes to him and says "Jai, we agreed not to discuss contracts until a new deal was done and I can now tell you I've agreed on your behalf, to a new deal with the Raiders. They have great summers and warm winters and you'll love it down there". Utter BS. I don't like the way this is going and I've started writing my apology to RVS.
    Why would you apologise to RVS? Dude was hedging his bets and if this one turns out to be correct, well it wasn't exactly an unlikely event. Highly talented Origin workhorse with leadership potential in a wooden spoon team with a stuffed salary cap leaves for greener pastures and a pay day. Gee, who could've seen that coming? I've seen no evidence that RVS has "inside info" unless of course you mean the inside of his butthole. In fact, his crap about Kevin Walters being a lock for coach was dead wrong. Broken clock, etc.

Inactive User

RVS is a good fella
    As is the great man MT