Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Ever been in an interview and they ask you about remuneration.....McGuire probably wanted twice what our budget was.
    The Titans would have lost much more in game day sales and membership by the inept performances under Brennan than they would have by hiring Maguire.

Titans need to look at the total picture and the impacts it has on other parts of the overall business. That is what successful businesses do rather than the blinkered approach they used with Brennan. Hopefully management have learnt their lesson
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 24-07-19 at 01:54 PM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The Titans would have lost much more in game day sales and membership by the inept performances under Brennan than they would have by hiring Maguire.

Titans need to look at the total picture and the impacts it has on other parts of the overall business. That is what successful businesses do rather than the blinkered approach they used with Brennan. Hopefully management have learnt their lesson
    I think JB hit the nail on the head there. At the time I think they saw an opportunity hire and up and coming coach who could bring them success but on a budget. Thankfully when Dennis Watts gave that interview after the sacking of Brennan he said that the club won't spare any expense for the right person this time around. Let's hope they are true to their word this time.

Also at the time there abouts the NRL still had influence on us. So the Coach budget may have also been dictated by the NRL.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I think JB hit the nail on the head there. At the time I think they saw an opportunity hire and up and coming coach who could bring them success but on a budget. Thankfully when Dennis Watts gave that interview after the sacking of Brennan he said that the club won't spare any expense for the right person this time around. Let's hope they are true to their word this time.
    Even if that's how they saw it, I don't understand why they chose to bypass the process that had been undertaken by experienced NRL professionals that they had hired to administer the club. Why was Brennan not at least interviewed? It costs practically nothing to fly him up for a day and would surely be part of any decent DD process.

I can't understand how the Walkers got an interview. I've done job interviews for years and one thing i don't do is waste people's time. If they are serious contenders god help us.

Inactive User

Everyone outside of our club with any media influence at all are simply pushing along whatever candidate that they are closest mates with.
    Every article pushing along a candidate has quotes from their old buddies. These people don’t give a toss about our success.

It needs to be a professional in-house process other than any direct headhunting plays at Bellamy or Bennett.

Inactive User

Badel and his Drongoes Hate Media just put online an exclusive about when Bennett offered to coach us for $600k as though it’s fresh news.
    He’s lazy and he loves to kick us when we are down.

It’s apparently from the horses mouth this time. That makes it a bit interesting. It was an offer to coach us from 2020 onwards.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 24-07-19 at 07:38 PM.

Take the offer. Honestly, we deserve to be kicked over and over again for that. That decision to not follow up has cost us a couple of years of being competitive.

First Grader

They just discussed this on nrl 360, james hooper is adament its down to holbrook and walters, and walters is firming as the favourite....

Supposedly the bennett article he details why/how he would be rebuild us. Should make for interesting reading

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    They just discussed this on nrl 360, james hooper is adament its down to holbrook and walters, and walters is firming as the favourite....

Supposedly the bennett article he details why/how he would be rebuild us. Should make for interesting reading
    Maybe he wants Rebecca/Daryl to make him an offer he can’t refuse

Deny Bennett and give Interview to the Walker bros.

Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

James Hooper says Kevin Walters is firming for vacant Titans coaching post

James Hooper believes key Titans powerbrokers have identified Queensland mentor Kevin Walters as their preferred next Titans coach.
    The Gold Coast are currently undergoing an interview process, but Hooper has backed Walters to be the coach as early as next week.

“I still get the feeling that Kevin Walters is firming by the day as the man most likely to take over and lead the Titans into a new era,” Hooper told NRL 360.

“I know that Kevvie has said publicly that he doesn’t want to tip his hat and be part of an audition process and he doesn’t want to be interviewed for the position.

“But I get the feeling powerbrokers at the Titans behind the scenes have identified Kevvie as their key target and I think they want to make it happen.

“I think it might come to fruition by the end of this week or early next week.”

If Walters is appointed it would put an end to the much publicised interview process, which has thrown up names including Walters, Justin Holbrook and the Walker brothers.

However Hooper believes Walters is in the box seat despite public denials of interest.

“They have formed the committee of Mal Meninga, Darryl Kelly and Dennis Watt and behind the scenes they have obviously been hitting the phones,” Hooper said.

“They have been canvassing candidates and speaking to some of the key people involved.

“I think it is down to Kevin Walters and Justin Holbrook and I think Kevvie is the preferred option.”

Veteran journalist Paul Kent believes Walters’ public denials were a smokescreen to remove himself from the public auditions for the role.

Walters has previously missed out on the Broncos role, after extensive and public interview processes.

“Kevvie has played it perfectly. He didn’t want to become part of an auction,” Kent said.

“He just said if you want me come and get me, but I’m not going to go through all the hoops you need to find a coach.

“They did it last time and it spat out Garth Brennan even though he wasn’t part of the interview process.

“If they think Kevin is the best guy then give him the job.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6351fbc1dc4937

Rep Player

What do they see in Walters? Honestly...

I don't mind Walters, so long as he stays away from that coach whisperer rubbish

Rep Player

You know he won't, so what you're saying is you do mind Walters. I imagine he's gonna force the team to enrol in a Chakra course so they can balance their electromagnetic field before each match