Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Not to mention Latu who barely gets a game in QCup

Oh well the press conference was good Brennan is going to get the players to work hard, he mentioned work hard three or four times lol what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I hope Brennan does show James Wallace and co a replay of a few of bunts afoa charges gee he bent the line

He looked gutted, but does he have what it takes to change their attitudes. This is a real litmus test for Brennan. If he can’t get his players up for a game against Penrith.......

Can’t wait to read MALS email Monday to the members

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Oh well the press conference was good Brennan is going to get the players to work hard, he mentioned work hard three or four times lol what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I hope Brennan does show James Wallace and co a replay of a few of bunts afoa charges gee he bent the line
    The Club Off Field has been close to perfect
    He has the Board Support, Good management, Great Facilities, his roster and no off field behaviour dramas

And he has not produced an NRL ready team.

He’s totally out of ideas, he’s wasted the off season, ruined everyone’s hard work to get stability and is now a dead duck.

I'm really filthy about that effort. It was embarrassing.

Was at my parents house for family dinner. I'm 43, I've never sworn in front of my mother until today.

Got the email today regarding cheaper tix for Penrith and Knights games to get bums on seats. What is their plan to get the paid members to turn up because I'm not going next week and probably not the week after that either. I've written off this years membership money as a mistake. Once bitten twice shy. This club won't survive with 6000 members and they'll die next year with 2000.

I personally wouldn't give a **** if the team turned up to my door step during the week and apologised in person. At this stage I would doubt the players families would even turn out to watch them play.

I've got no answers or unsolicited advice to give as we don't have the right people in the right jobs in this club for us to move forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all at least we have our health.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Was at my parents house for family dinner. I'm 43, I've never sworn in front of my mother until today.

Got the email today regarding cheaper tix for Penrith and Knights games to get bums on seats. What is their plan to get the paid members to turn up because I'm not going next week and probably not the week after that either. I've written off this years membership money as a mistake. Once bitten twice shy. This club won't survive with 6000 members and they'll die next year with 2000.

I personally wouldn't give a **** if the team turned up to my door step during the week and apologised in person. At this stage I would doubt the players families would even turn out to watch them play.

I've got no answers or unsolicited advice to give as we don't have the right people in the right jobs in this club for us to move forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all at least we have our health.
    I agree with everything you've said JB.

the ironic part is you mention the club trying to get people to next week, reducing price etc - i bet the marketing / sales / membership team are watching the games thinking ' YOU F%^&in C*(&tS' as the on field team and coach is making their job so much harder.

My mother in law was a big league fan for many years and hit me with the 'I've decided to watch the AFL this year' - i swear the first of these two dysfunctional GC sporting teams to actually do something worthy of a national sporting team will get all the biscuits

JB and DB, I couldn’t agree more ... my son sat in the next room reading rather than watch ... my wife walked in at 0-8, shook her head in pity and walked out. I don’t know how I’m going to face the people in China who believe we are a “professional” team. I’m here for the next two games but I just hate the thought of dragging the family all the way down to CBus to watch crap like that served up. Passing to nobody, dropping bombs, structure! what structure? The list is endless like my depression. I know administrators read this and I feel their pain. At least they get paid to take it, we pay for the privilege ... what a joke.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

We’ve never started a season with 4 Losses

Club owners/Board-Please Sack Brennan!!!

Canberra-embarrassing loss at home against a team that won’t make the 8
    Cronulla-wiped off the park early against a 5-8 team
    Souths-dominated by a solid team without its star back
    NZ-humiliation by a wooden spoon contender with some late points

Brennan..GO!
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 06-04-19 at 12:25 AM.

I don’t see the club sacking him yet but I think the players need a reality check. As a club we have sacked 2 of our 3 coaches so far and the fans are calling for that 3rd one to go as well.
    We can’t keep sacking coaches and letting the players off the hook. They need to know how much their pathetic efforts are hurting their supporters. I think that if we start directing more of our frustrations at them either directly or via the club then perhaps they may start caring about their performance.

Jarrod Wallace needs to be in qcup if Brennan is serious about not rewarding complacency. I also think Brennan's interchange use is crap. Wallace was gassed, he left him on and then the errors came. AJ was brought on way too late and we immediately looked better with him on the field. So disappointed, like many of us I'm a full member with four seats a year. I really feel like turning up next week will be like getting on a train to auswitsch.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Does anyone else think that maybe the problem is the Titans (as a franchise) are always trying to be the greatest community minded club?

Honestly, not every player is a JT or a Cam Smith. Some guys just have to be locked away for game day. Let them be beasts and rage filled, and we just accept that they don't play nice with others.

We need some of those guys. I think the club is trying to hard to turn everyone into role models. We lack aggression.
    I am not sure about the cause but I agree about lack of aggression. I am not an expert but when I look at other teams playing there just seems to be that extra urgency taking it up more direct etc. Perhaps it is true of all under performing teams but the Titans seem to have ongoing issues, left edge defence for example or ill discipline. That never gets resolved despite changes.in personnel. Perhaps it is the sign of any medioche playing list or it may be a sign of ineffective coaching.

After receiving the email yesterday about the joint package tickets for the next 2 games I was seriously considering booking the tickets and accommodation but after that performance yesterday, it has made my mind up for me. Why should I spend my hard earned cash to waste it on a club that shows nothing to me in return? I know a lot of people are asking the same question (above comments from DB and JB etc). I don't know how we get out of this hole.

We've been in a lot of deep and dark times before but I can't remember morale in the fanbase being this low. All pre-season we were promised "a new era" (we even changed our colours lol) with the appointments of Mal and a professional administration team and even a solid roster. Yet somehow we have gone backwards on the field and it looks like the same old rubbish over and over. We can't keep sacking coaches and blaming them, and we've gone through different rosters but still we are terrible.

I might be being a little dramatic but I feel like this particular loss is the turning point for the club for all the wrong reasons. We have hung on year after year but this year was different and we were all hopeful of change. The first 3 weeks we were happy to blame it on missing the halves but now we can't even do that. With barely 6000 members and 2 home games coming up with likely under 10000 there, how does the club turn this around?

Inactive User

^^^^ By Sacking Brennan