Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I’m reading a **** load of innuendo on this forum at the moment and probably should have shut it down until we had at least one capable first-grade half.
    Yes tongue in cheek but the team/players performances have all been so adversely effected that I think the Titans season really starts once this occurs.
    Bring on the Warriors and may the presumptions fade into obscurity.

Both teams have different reasons to play for pride, but if we can't build on our effort against Souths then we can't build. Halves or not, we have shown improvement and that should continue. A win is the only acceptable outcome. Both teams know this.

It's this week or it's next year.

Delighted to see have our halves back. Both were more than I hoped for. Hope they aren't under done. Looking forward to this but Warriors in NZ is a tough one, GC too come to think of it.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Titans will proudly carry the message “In Support of White Ribbon” in the major-sponsor position on the front of the jersey, and also on the back of the playing shorts, for the game against the Warriors.

Find out all about the initiative.

http://bit.ly/2YL98Mv

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Worthy cause. Hope Everything is ok with NEDS.

Shout out to the club who must be reading the forum and gave us a one on one with Dan Ferris in the latest news letter. Hahahaha

I read somewhere that NZ have strict rules in Gambling Advertising. So the Titans negotiated with NEDS to put the White Ribbon logo on the jersey for the Warriors game.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Cheers BT, well at least a worthy cause gets pride of place.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I read somewhere that NZ have strict rules in Gambling Advertising. So the Titans negotiated with NEDS to put the White Ribbon logo on the jersey for the Warriors game.
    It’s also on all the junior jerseys that are produced for sale as well.

We must be confident the halfs are healthy. Jacks and Whitbread first to drop off the extended bench.

Inactive User

^^^ it shows that at least one of them is right to play.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/05/...0-minute-role/

Bit of an article about Rein worth a read.

ok so i think tonight is important for us from a mental perspective and we need to make the most of it, because it is uniquely this week where it can be most effective.

to expand:

We have a pretty rough start to the season and its hard to know how much is due to the loss of our first choice halves, and whether we would have gone just as badly with them in the team. i personally think that it has contributed but some other things concern me such as a lack of potency out wide and a lack of urgency from our pack.

however, such is the elusive nature of confidence, a good win tonight...might push those other issues aside and give them team a mental boost similar to Cole Trickle's emotional and mental boost when he drives through the smokey crash unscathed in Days Of Thunder, and then he reverts to his normal ass kicking self and leaves everyone for dead. our team might just go ' oh of course, it was just our halves... of course, and now we have them, so lets go....' and then we are away. We could potentially go a run and even 3 wins in next 4 would be enough to have us back in the ball game and mixing it for the 8

Note that this mental boost in confidence doesn't need to be based in reality - just the coincidental timing and reinforcement of their inner belief that they can only do it with Ash / Tyrone would be enough - somewhat like the emperor's new clothes... as long as he believes it, he can leave his man junk out and everything's good.

on the other hand, it doesn't bear thinking about if Ash and Tyrone comeback and we get flogged. the glimmer of hope that players were holding to ( 'man we suck, but surely once we get our top halves back...') would evaporate swiftly and we would be in a very deep hole, the commentary in league circles who have given us a break cos of injuries would pile on and it would be chaos.

Warriors have also been awful and don't have the player who most carved us up in recent times. they have a rookie half and a journeyman 5/8 who keeps getting wraps despite not actually getting teams to the finals.

Lets get a big win and get some positive mental Juju working in our favour.

I reckon we can win this game with Ash and Tyrone back tbh. I just wish we would clean up our edge D because it seems every year nothing is ever done about it.

Funny how the Forum was so against Roberts returning but now he’s the savior. Remember how Elgey displaced him and Roberts/Taylor spat the dummy? How did Elgey do that? It was on the back of some very ordinary performances by Roberts after some very good performances. Then he went to SL and did the same ... some good, some ordinary performances but no terrible ones. Taylor is older but needs a role model. Maybe just maybe, our resurrection starts with them ... tonight.
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-04-19 at 01:51 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

The players need to show they have a modicum or respect for Brennan with a disciplined courageous 80min effort and get the Win for him/themselves/members/community tonight or it’s time for the media/fans/members to go at Brennan hard to get him removed.

This match is about survival. Ladder irrelevant-win or it’s going to be very very ugly in The Beautiful City.

I’m off to sharpen the knives. Later.