Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Although I haven’t given up on Brennan yet, Henry wasn’t any better. We were going downhill fast with the Cartwright/Henry ideology. I don’t think we have ever had a coach of top class quality with enough professionalism to balance the on and off field environment. Cartwright too soft, Henry too rigid and I’m not sure what we have now.

Tomorrow’s selections will be interesting but I kind of liked the last minute tweaks, bar Sami, which showed a step or two in the right direction.

Hey NZ, I agree that Jacks outplayed Brimson. My comment was that Jacks will be the first to go whereas I would be inclined to bring AJ off the bench if he’s not FB. He may go alright at left centre but I would hate to turn him into a utility.

Without knowing who’s fit I can’t be bothered speculating on the team.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-04-19 at 10:05 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    It should be noted that Neil Henry was responsible for almost all of our good signings recently.

He never got to coach the squad he developed and built. Hayne ruined that year and then Neil got punted.
    Same thing happened in NTH QLD before he got the ass too. Maybe he needs to look at a recruitment style position rather than coaching as he seems to lose the locker room at some point.

Anyway, back to the thread. Is it wrong for Hipgrave to be given the job of taking RTS out. With him out we should be a fair chance of winning this one.

I know this is not appropriate here and I’ll remind you all of it later but I have had an epiphany: Hipgrave getting Pangai under the rib cage and putting him into next year.

I see AJ as a long term utility and a good darn good one aswell.

In this squad Peachey would be more effective at FB, he's way to restricted in a small channel on the left.

I think Kelly is going to improve the most with the playmakers back. He needs a tiny bit more time and space with the ball and he will be a weapon.

If the club had centres id be throwing him out onto the wing
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like the Warriors are dropping Keighran this week after poor performances the last couple of games so hopefully we can exploit that.

I hope this is the team we take the field with.

Sorry for King but happy for MoFo.

Gordon is solid and doesnt deserve to be dropped. BUT it doesnt matter...you pick the best available players in each position. AJ is the best fb we got. Why wait a year and stall his development if he's just gonna end up playing there anyway. Chuck gordon on the wing.

First Grader

I feel gordon is safe, but thats where it ends. It just seems like hes lost half a yard of speed this year which is to be expected. Once taylor and tryone come back i think he should be dropped for AJ

We're trying to win games not make changes for change sake. This is the team Brennan wanted for round 1 so lets see it deliver.

Inactive User

I am cool with Cartwright starting in 2nd row and James to prop as he’s done enough to earn a bit of trust.
    BUT BUT BUT Brimson not at FB just bewilders me.

Could have gone Gordon Wing, Copley Centre and had Peachey interchange.
    Peachey Form is worthy of being put on notice and being the Utility.

I think we potentially have a star of the game in AJ at FB.

Brennan does my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We're trying to win games
    It wouldn't be making changes for the sake of it. It would be making changes to ensure that the best possible team is starting on the field to actually win the game.

We have a few non performers in our side but looking at the Warriors they have three Titans cast offs in Paasi, Lawnton and Burr.
    As JB said, this is the team the coach wanted in round 1 so it's his neck on the line.
    I agree with the Brimson to FB sentiment but perhaps he isn't ready fitness wise yet. He has done nothing in the games to date, like a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sorry for King but happy for MoFo.
    Whats King done wrong? I thought he has been one of the better forwards with Arrow for the first 3 weeks.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I am cool with Cartwright starting in 2nd row and James to prop as he’s done enough to earn a bit of trust.
    BUT BUT BUT Brimson not at FB just bewilders me.

Could have gone Gordon Wing, Copley Centre and had Peachey interchange.
    Peachey Form is worthy of being put on notice and being the Utility.
    This is what I thought as well Bods with the squad they took over there. I'd still prefer a young centre in there though. The downside of having Gordon on the wing however is he would be up against Fusitua when cross field kicks come. Big height difference - although Copley isn't much taller.

As Mexican said, perhaps AJ just isn't ready yet. It has to be a matter of time though.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lawts play again. That Harris Tevita is a decent footballer though, I would have been happier seeing Keighran back for another week

- - - Updated - - -