Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 4: NZ Warriors vs TITANS (2019)

NZ Warriors vs TITANS

Friday, 5th April 2019
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

We go into development mode. Play the younger guys now.

Ummmm, we haven't even developed the older players. Play the team we should play if they are healthy and gets some points on the board and build from there.

Except for this Sami on the bench joke.

Warriors without Luke should make it a bit easier although after their weekend performance I am sure they will be a different side

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Ummmm, we haven't even developed the older players. Play the team we should play if they are healthy and gets some points on the board and build from there.

Except for this Sami on the bench joke.
    There’s no point in that now. Top 8 is over. Took 3 weeks after all this you must be positive and you can’t talk about our weaknesses talk over the summer. What a waste of time that was.
    So look at the kids now, develop combinations and don’t bother with older players coming off contract that we don’t want going forward.
    Train wreck.

I’ll say it again...even though all the genius’ late in 2018 and all through pre-season shouted me down....to lose the Catterick Trio after one season was disturbing and a disaster.

0-3.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 31-03-19 at 08:23 PM.

Junior

Let’s just punt the panthers connections. They weren’t wanted there for a reason. With the exception of Rein they have all been a massive, over paid disappointment.
    To be honest, Brennans recruitment in general has been pretty ordina
    Last edited by ja4220; 31-03-19 at 08:28 PM.

Both Tyrone and Ash are travelling to NZ, so if one or both plays who plays fullback, I think Brennan has to put Brimson there without a doubt

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Both Tyrone and Ash are travelling to NZ, so if one or both plays who plays fullback, I think Brennan has to put Brimson there without a doubt
    Brimson should have been FB from the start. That’s where he impacts a game at his best.

As a pre-cursor to this post, I have to admit that my season won't start until I see the full 17 playing. The almost (I said 'almost') farcical parading of Brimson/Peachey/Jacks as our starting 6/7 took most of my interest in the team away.

I doubt he'll play Brimson at 1 but I think Jacks will be 'gone-ski'. I am liking Cartwright more and more. I also liked keeping the ball away from Proctor a lot. All Copley haters back off ... he and Kelly are genuine A Grade centres ... the rest are not. Rein wins the 9 competition by a long long way.

But I have to ask:

1. "where was the kick chase?" We only chased one kick and it resulted in Don's try. The run up in a line and wait for the runner is out of the junior league play book.
    2. "what's happened to James' agro?" He's really turned into a marshmallow.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-04-19 at 10:02 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Kings been really good, I say give him Wallace's starting spot.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    As a pre-cursor to this post, I have to admit that my season won't start until I see the full 17 playing. The also (I said 'almost') farcical parading of Brimson/Peachey/Jacks as our starting 6/7 took most of my interest in the team away.

I doubt he'll play Brimson at 1 but I think Jacks will be 'gone-ski'. I am liking Cartwright more and more. I also liked keeping the ball away from Proctor a lot. All Copley haters back off ... he and Kelly are genuine A Grade centres ... the rest are not. Rein wins the 9 competition by a long long way.

But I have to ask:

1. "where was the kick chase?" We only chased one kick and it resulted in Don's try. The run up in a line and wait for the runner is out of the junior league play book.
    2. "what's happened to James' agro?" He's really turned into a marshmallow.
    I thought Jacks outplayed AJ last game. I don't understand where all the Jacks bashing is coming from. He was solid I thought and we had a lot better game management compared to the week before when AJ got most of the ball. Also don't agree with the Copley comment. Yes he scored an intercept try but he also gave one away from a pretty disappointing defensive read. He effectively jammed in on no one. Not only that but how short is your memory? His defence last year was the worst in the comp for centre.

Agree with the rest of the comment though. Cartwright is getting better every week and that kick chase was frustrating me also. It makes the kicks look pointless but a kick is only ever as good as its chase. Is it a fatigue thing? Or effort?

Our three highest paid front rowers are all marshmallows. Give the captaincy to someone else and let James be a loose cannon again I say

Inactive User

It’s hard to pick a team this week given we are unsure of Taylor and Roberts status.
    Just in general conversation at work today we are a pathetic joke.

Good Job Brennan. Let’s see if the players respect you this week or you should start looking at the job guide. Whilst I’m at it, dare I say this given how sensitive QLD fans are but what the far Out is Meninga doing.

Our top 8 aspirations are absolutely over BUT this team needs to regroup and get a win for their own pride and the fans/members/sponsors and the residents of The Beautiful City.

The much despised kids at The Suns are having a real crack and our Titans blokes are just role models in half bottomed individual efforts, stupidity in brainless penalties and inability to apply themselves as a team for a whole match.

So seriously they need to win over in NZ or it’s time for The Blow Torch and to Get the Long Knives Out for Brennan and Co.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-04-19 at 05:19 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I thought Jacks outplayed AJ last game. I don't understand where all the Jacks bashing is coming from. He was solid I thought and we had a lot better game management compared to the week before when AJ got most of the ball. Also don't agree with the Copley comment. Yes he scored an intercept try but he also gave one away from a pretty disappointing defensive read. He effectively jammed in on no one. Not only that but how short is your memory? His defence last year was the worst in the comp for centre.

Agree with the rest of the comment though. Cartwright is getting better every week and that kick chase was frustrating me also. It makes the kicks look pointless but a kick is only ever as good as its chase. Is it a fatigue thing? Or effort?

Our three highest paid front rowers are all marshmallows. Give the captaincy to someone else and let James be a loose cannon again I say
    Whether I agree or disagree with your opinions for what it’s worth I always enjoy your posts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Let’s just punt the panthers connections. They weren’t wanted there for a reason. With the exception of Rein they have all been a massive, over paid disappointment.
    To be honest, Brennans recruitment in general has been pretty ordina
    Yep too right-be better off punting all the blokes we got that aren’t from the local area such as The Panthers Fellas and Peats and continue to concentrate on bringing home the locals especially the good forwards the Drongoes stole off us.

It should be noted that Neil Henry was responsible for almost all of our good signings recently.

He never got to coach the squad he developed and built. Hayne ruined that year and then Neil got punted.

Inactive User

^^^^ so true
    Fat Flog Hayne caused us so much damage