Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Magic Round 9th May Titans vs Sharks

    I just received an email from the club about a bus trip for the Titans vs Sharks round 9 game as the opener at Lang Park for Magic Round, on 9th May.

    Understandably most people aren't too excited about where the Titans are at the moment, but is anyone else interested in going up for this? I've just booked 2 tickets.

    It's a members exclusive offer, but I'm also assuming members can buy tickets for mates since I just bought 2 tickets and I don't even have any mates!

    Game kicks off at 7:50pm so I have no info on bus times or if there will be a chance to smash a few bevvies at the Caxton pre or post game, but just posting as FYI.

  2. #2
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,687

    Default

    Would go but will be back in China :-(
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  3. #3
    Rep Player shamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I just received an email from the club about a bus trip for the Titans vs Sharks round 9 game as the opener at Lang Park for Magic Round, on 9th May.

    Understandably most people aren't too excited about where the Titans are at the moment, but is anyone else interested in going up for this? I've just booked 2 tickets.

    It's a members exclusive offer, but I'm also assuming members can buy tickets for mates since I just bought 2 tickets and I don't even have any mates!

    Game kicks off at 7:50pm so I have no info on bus times or if there will be a chance to smash a few bevvies at the Caxton pre or post game, but just posting as FYI.
    See ya on the bus whiz..

  4. #4
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    See ya on the bus whiz..
    Will your legendary beer carrier be pre-loaded for the trip?

  5. #5
    Rep Player shamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Will your legendary beer carrier be pre-loaded for the trip?
    Nah....The ar$e fell out of it

  6. #6
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,184

    Default

    I'd have loved to have been able to go. I think the concept is fantastic. Seen its success in the UK.

    It gives the big fanbases of many clubs in SEQLD something to build on. It was also designed as a consolation prize for the QLD government after missing out on the NRL Grand Final due to the stadium deal.

    I also see that the NRL want to resurrect the NRL Nines and are gauging clubs interest. Seems the NRL really wants to build up these vehicles.

    Back on the Titans, the deal seems amazing. A coach and a ticket for 10 bucks? Are the NRL trying to support the event and also make up for our crappy scheduling for the Thrusday night? Coach Convey, one of my favorite phrases.


    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'd have loved to have been able to go. I think the concept is fantastic. Seen its success in the UK.
    But has it been that successful DH? The crowds for the 6 games are generally around 65,000 so I don't think it is that great. I know a few League people based in the UK and they hate it. Obviously as many fans travel it is great for the economy of the place where it is played.

  8. #8
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,687

    Default

    I’m with you MT. I’d go to our game because it’s our game or maybe one day but not the weekend. I’d rather see it as a pre-season exhibition tournament in Hawaii or China or somewhere.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  9. #9
    One Clubman JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,202

    Default

    I'd be happy if the game was on at 6:50pm. Getting home after midnight then up at 5 for work makes me wonder why the NRL hates us so much with scheduling.

  10. #10
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd be happy if the game was on at 6:50pm. Getting home after midnight then up at 5 for work makes me wonder why the NRL hates us so much with scheduling.
    JB is my favourite writer at the moment. The issue is not price it’s just completely impractical and we’ve been done in. This match should be at Robina.

  11. #11
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,184

    Default

    It's the TV networks that are forcing us to play on Thursday night which is a joke and it means we can't take in the spectacle of multiple games. Of course the NRL allows this.

    It also tells me that building a strong SEQLD (Brisbane especially) supporter base for the Titans isn't a priority otherwise we would have gotten a better schedule.

    But there are so many UK based fans who are flatcappers and don't want to change with the times because they are dinosaurs and want to see the game continue to shrink. At least the Magic fixture has put Rugby League on the map and pushed some boundaries.

    On the other hand, Rugby League fans in England don't have all the case in the world, and I see them constantly being milked and milked for cash and expected to travel. The RFL has has a disgraceful track record of starting different rugby league fixtures and then giving up, the Exiles fixture would be one of the big ones.

    We draw the short straw because our fanbase is the smallest and the least vocal. Both things we needs to work on.

    Back on the event, would love a report of how the coach trip up to Brissie and seating goes at Lang Park.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  12. #12
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,184

    Default

    Seems there is a $15 option and for an extra $5 you get a flag.

    https://goldcoasttickets.com.au/even...3336_133112116

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew