Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Nothing surprises me with this club anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    At a weights session, WTF is going on with this club? Hope they weren't goofing around with a 'who can bench the most'.
    The article I read was that he was doing extra's in the gym so it wasn't a club session. Bit hard to pin that on the training staff. But I think you may be right about the hero lifting though......

This game has the feeling of going to the dentist.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The article I read was that he was doing extra's in the gym so it wasn't a club session. Bit hard to pin that on the training staff. But I think you may be right about the hero lifting though......
    No compo for him.

Titanic, I've got more a feeling that I'm waiting to have a colonoscopy and the anesthetist just told me they ran out of anesthetic but were going ahead with the procedure anyway.

Even the Manly Sea Eagles Facebook site is commenting on Ferris

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Even the Manly Sea Eagles Facebook site is commenting on Ferris
    They were stoked when he left

I seriously can’t blame 1 bloke for a torn pec or anything else for that matter.

People have been squealing about not having Rein in the team- well now you have so let’s be thankful.

I like both Peats and Rein though at the moment I think Rein brings a bit more that makes the opposition have to think. He’s just a bit busier.

Not looking forward to the game I must admit though as always I’ll go in with hope if nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No compo for him.

Titanic, I've got more a feeling that I'm waiting to have a colonoscopy and the anesthetist just told me they ran out of anesthetic but were going ahead with the procedure anyway.

Last edited by rj62; 30-03-19 at 01:24 PM.

JB and Titanic capturing the mood.

I'll tune in for my weekly check up... Hope for the best.

I also wanted Rein in but gee not at the expense of Peats out for three months with a serious injury. I can't imagine how painful that injury would be.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ryley’s Titans tactics
    PETER BADEL
    goldcoastbulletin.com.au

RYLEY Jacks has outlined his vision to help turn the Titans into a finals force as the Gold Coast halfback prepares to face Wayne Bennett – the coach who torpedoed his hopes of becoming a Bronco.

The injury-hit Titans are hoping Jacks, who served an apprenticeship under Origin champion Cooper Cronk at Melbourne, can produce the game of his life to spearhead a boilover of South Sydney tomorrow at ANZ Stadium.

The clash contains a spicy sub-plot for Jacks, whose planned move to the Broncos last season was terminated by former Brisbane coach Bennett, now calling the shots at the Rabbitohs.

Impressed by Jacks’ 80 per cent win record at the Storm, Broncos recruitment chiefs tabled a two-year contract for the Brisbane junior last June.

The deal was on the table for a fortnight and Jacks was poised to agree when Bennett intervened, believing the 26-year-old was not the answer at halfback to break Brisbane’s 13-year premiership drought.

With his NRL career in limbo, the Titans delivered a one-year lifeline weeks before the start of the pre-season.

Jacks is too affable and too appreciative of his new home to be critical of Bennett, but he can make a statement tomorrow in his quest to secure a new deal at the Gold Coast and make the Titans a regular playoffs contender.

“I was close to going (to the Broncos),” said Jacks, who made his Titans debut in last week’s 20-6 loss to Cronulla.

“In my mind, I thought I was off to the Broncos and then it all stopped suddenly.

“The Broncos made an offer and then two weeks later it was pulled from me. For the Broncos to turn around and say no, it was pretty hard to take, Brisbane is my hometown and they are a great club.

“I won’t say much about Wayne, there’s no issue with him, just because I’m going up against his side this week, it doesn’t change my mindset.

“I want to play well every week and I’ll be trying to do my job this week to beat Souths.”

Jacks plays his 27th firstgrade game against Bennett’s Bunnies and admits he is playing for his future at a Titans club blessed with quality halves in Ash Taylor, Tyrone Roberts and AJ Brimson.

The off-contract playmaker may lack Taylor’s $1 million salary but his Storm apprenticeship is priceless.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Souths' Inglis ruled out for Titans clash
    http://www.espn.com.au/

Wayne Bennett has declared South Sydney more than a one-man team after losing skipper Greg Inglis for up to a fortnight.

Inglis will be absent from Sunday's NRL clash with the Gold Coast because of a shoulder injury and could also miss next week's match with Manly.

"He won't play tomorrow, he may not play next week either," Bennett said.

"We're playing it by ear at the moment, the shoulder is pretty sore. We need some time, it certainly wasn't ready today.

"There's no further damage, there's just a lot of soreness there, he's pinched something there, nothing serious."

Highly-touted youngster Corey Allan will come into the side on the wing with Dane Gagai pushing into the centres.

Inglis was hindered by injury throughout pre-season, undergoing neck and shoulder surgery and struggling with a knee problem which prompted rumours about his weight and fitness.

Inglis this week revealed his problems with his shoulder had forced him to abandon plans to move from centre to fullback at some point this year, and that Alex Johnston would remain in the No.1 jumper.

Bennett said the side wasn't reliant on the Queensland and Australian star and remained confident they could maintain their undefeated start to 2019.

"I think we're being sensible with it, we're not pushing him, we're not making him play, we're not putting him in a place that we know is only going to make him more vulnerable," Bennett said.

"We're rebuilding his confidence. We're more than a one-man team so we can get the job done without him."

Despite Inglis' absence, the Rabbitohs will start as hot favourites against the Titans.

Garth Brennan's side are winless, still without first-choice halves Ash Taylor and Tyrone Roberts and will be without hooker Nathan Peats (pec) for up to three months.

Mitch Rein will replace former NSW rake Peats.

"I'm expecting them to be pretty good tomorrow to be honest with you," Bennett said.

"They started their season without a win and we're into game three now so they'll be feeling that pressure and there will be plenty said about them.

"I don't think they'll come tomorrow unmotivated."

STATS THAT MATTER

* South Sydney's win percentage against the Gold Coast Titans (62.5 per cent, 10 wins from 16 games) is its best record against any current team.

* South Sydney will be aiming to make it three straight wins to start the season for the fourth time since 2007 (2007, 2013 and 2015). They made the finals on all three of those occasions.

* The Titans have scored one try and just six points this season, the fewest through two rounds since the Bulldogs in 2000 (two points).

Struggling Titans have to take the game to the Rabbitohs
    Gorden Tallis, The Courier-Mail
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

It is a line-in-the-sand day for the Gold Coast Titans.

Very few people give them a chance against South Sydney.

They haven’t won a game yet and have been hit very hard by injuries while the Rabbitohs are flying.

But there are two things that the Titans can do about it. Bring the right attitude and have 17 blokes put in their absolute best effort across 80 minutes.

It is amazing what happens in rugby league when a team does those two things.

You don’t have to be perfect. But you do have to have a red-hot go.

There’s no excuse for not having a crack. You can have excuses for anything and everything these days but save them for September.

Last week against Cronulla, Jai Arrow was incredible for the Titans with all those hit-ups and running metres while Ryan James was good too.

The Gold Coast need all of their players to bring that effort on Sunday.

The modern game gets a little too wrapped up in stats. This is not about stats for the Titans. Efforts plays don’t always show up on the stats sheet but those one percenters all count towards the one number that matters — the final score.

The Titans can take heart from what St George Illawarra did to the Broncos on Thursday night.

Like the Gold Coast, the Dragons went into Round 3 out of form and with a 0-2 record.

They had injuries to key players and also lost Gareth Widdop in the second half. The Titans have also been decimated on the injury front that got worse with Nathan Peats doing his pec this week.

They were also up against a side that was coming off a fairly comprehensive win after the Broncos belted the Cowboys in Round 2.

But St George Illawarra found a way to win. They hung tough. They had a great attitude and turned their fortunes around.

The Titans can do the same. No excuses.

The great Johnny Lang once said that the great players show up in case they are needed, not because they are needed.

He was talking about players who always seem to be in the right place, at the right time because they give you multiple efforts that go unrewarded.

They’ll back up down the middle of the field all day just to be on the receiving end of that one pass to score the one try that is the difference at full-time.

Johnathan Thurston is a modern-day example of that kind of player. Terry Lamb back in the 80s and 90s was another example. Kevvie Walters would often handle the footy two to three times in the one movement for the Broncos because he never gave up on the play.

And that’s the key for the Titans today. Never giving up on the play.

Because you never know what can happen. And you never know unless you have a go.

I would have actually preferred inglis to play. Looks done already in round 3. If we string three sub par efforts together then our season is almost over. Looking for a strong challenge from our forwards today.

Manly lifted, Dogs are half way to lifting, second half to tell. Hope we can say the same by the end of the day.

Mo and Lee dropped for copely and hipgrave, don't know what Garth sees in copely, Lee's been pretty good, Peachey more to blame for the defensive issues than lee

Well in theory having Copely move to centre the shape should look a bit better than having Lee once Peach goes to hooker