Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My major concern thus far is that our two major playmakers are missing but besides that, most teams... and certainly the top teams... have at least three major points of attack... their two halves and their hooker. Some even have more with strike centres or fullback. We have only two directors because Peats, as good a defender as he is, has been left behind in the new attacking requirement of No. 9’s. We need Rein in there and sooner rather than later .

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Oh, here we go again! Please tell me why Ferris is now the problem and what evidence you have to make that statement, maybe you should take time to sound out the players because they will only speak in glowing terms of him. And how can he be blamed for current injuries or the length of absence from the field? We’re the injuries caused directly by his training methods or his rehab. Programme?
    Just read that part again slowly......I didn't talk about it last year, but the year before that I did. Hmmmmmm. I would think one of his KPI's would be to have players match fit.

Ask Manly their thoughts of him after he's left. I'm guessing the Titans thought they could do better when they let him go the first time. Would a current player speak poorly of a member of the Titans team in an open forum, I ****ing doubt it.

I was fortunate enough that I was working for the Sharks game so only had to suffer through it on the radio, and it sounded woeful.
    Lets accept the starting halves being out and we accept a certain lack of creativity, but that doesn't excuse poor ball handling basics or a lack of already trained plays.
    As I said in the Canberra thread, it concerns me that we didn't have a finishing play on the buzzer at C-Bus, and it concerns me that we didn't have a trained play (other than trying to barge through a defensive line) for repeat sets in the red zone at Sharks.
    Apart from stairs and beach runs, what have the guys been doing at pre-season training?
    I'd take the forfeit against Rabbits and save ourselves for a trip across the ditch.

Just for the record. Manly didn’t release Ferris, he was courted by us. The players all attest to the fact that they are fitter this year than last year. Many of them including Taylor, Lee, Boyd privately and publicly talk about how they are fitter and at better playing weight than last year. I attend training quite often and it is easy to see the respect the playing staff have for Ferris. And as I said earlier, Ferris doesn’t set rehab. Plans on his own. They are majorly determined by the doctor, Physios, trainers and coaching staff. They draw up an agreed plan and work to it. I suppose Ferris will always be the figurehead or the person in the gun sights for injuries etc. and that’s fair enough. It’s the same with selections where Brennan’s head is on the line but there is really Brennan, Hodges and Burt who get together to select the side. Naturally, Brennan’s view would prevail in a deadlock and his head will always be on the block. All I am asking is to give Ferris a fair go and where there is clear evidence that he is failing the club, players and fans then go hard on him. But until then a bit of support may not hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Just for the record. Manly didn’t release Ferris, he was courted by us. The players all attest to the fact that they are fitter this year than last year. Many of them including Taylor, Lee, Boyd privately and publicly talk about how they are fitter and at better playing weight than last year. I attend training quite often and it is easy to see the respect the playing staff have for Ferris. And as I said earlier, Ferris doesn’t set rehab. Plans on his own. They are majorly determined by the doctor, Physios, trainers and coaching staff. They draw up an agreed plan and work to it. I suppose Ferris will always be the figurehead or the person in the gun sights for injuries etc. and that’s fair enough. It’s the same with selections where Brennan’s head is on the line but there is really Brennan, Hodges and Burt who get together to select the side. Naturally, Brennan’s view would prevail in a deadlock and his head will always be on the block. All I am asking is to give Ferris a fair go and where there is clear evidence that he is failing the club, players and fans then go hard on him. But until then a bit of support may not hurt.
    I'm certainly happy enough to leave Ferris alone. From what I have seen in the two games the results have been due to lack of player talent and performance and poor selections in my opinion.

Specifically, I can't work out why Rein has not made the team, and as starting hooker with Peats out of the 17, the selection of Sami on the bench, and not changing the team at all after last week. Add to that, as per last year we don't appear to have forwards that can bend the line and quickly play the ball. We must be the slowest team in the NRL and we give so much time for opposing defences to get set.

I'm certainly cutting some slack until the halves get back but Brennan pretty much has the squad he wanted so that and the selections are on his head. What worries me is that players when they come here seem to go backwards, proctor and more recently Kelly and Peachey are good examples. I'll forget Cartwright as he was screwed in the head when he got here. Players who perform worse here than at the previous clubs is probably not down to the conditioning staff. I have no real view on Ferris but I think the problems are elsewhere.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 27-03-19 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'd take the forfeit against Rabbits and save ourselves for a trip across the ditch.
    Me too...a 5 day turnaround and a trip across the ditch. Not feeling confident at all.

being reported that rein will come onto the bench, with either sami or Mo to drop off, surely Brennan will not go into this game with a hooker and a winger on the bench bloody hell that would be a first.

We can't take a winger on the bench against south's. Their forwards will murder us in the second half. Maybe rein has shat in someone's bed. The only explanation I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    We can't take a winger on the bench against south's. Their forwards will murder us in the second half. Maybe rein has shat in someone's bed. The only explanation I can come up with.
    Which feeder club does he play for and has he been playing for them? Injury perhaps, or recovering from offseason injury?

Rein is finally coming onto the bench this week in place of Sami. Also Ash likely back next week. Source: our best mate Pete Badel

Late Mail:

Gold Coast have been hit by serious injury to yet another spine star.
    The Courier Mail reporter Peter Badel revealed Peats has seemingly torn a pectoral and faces up to three months in the casualty ward. He joins Ash Taylor and Tyrone Roberts on the injured list.

*cough cough*

Wow...this year just gets better and better

Weird how Ferris comes back and suddenly they’re all dropping like flies again...

Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-03-19 at 01:19 PM.

QLD Cup

Despite everybody wanting Peats to be dropped this could be a big blow for us. Who have we got after Rein that can play hooker? Roberts? Injured. Peachey maybe?

I was hoping that we wouldn't see a centre on the bench again this week but I can see Garth keeping one to fill in for Peachey when Rein needs a break.
    Last edited by NZFan; 29-03-19 at 01:23 PM.