Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hope no one is relying on Politoni to come into the squad for a relief hooker.
    Just watched it. I hope he never pulls on a Titans jersey again. Dog act.

if we don't win next week I'm starting a 'Who should coach us in 2020' thread.

Inactive User

^^^ absolutely DB. Results business and this is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    if we don't win next week I'm starting a 'Who should coach us in 2020' thread.
    Lol. I was gonna post "1 loss closer to Kevvy Walters next season" last week
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hope no one is relying on Politoni to come into the squad for a relief hooker.

https://twitter.com/Vossy7/status/11...XmY0vxWsnSbNu0

He's gone for a long time.

Hey Pat, Peats is out and rein isn't an 80 minute hooker, you might get a call up...... Hold my beer
    Don’t rate the bloke pushing him in the back of the head like a smart Alec and he had every chance to see that punch coming given he did what he did.

Two weeks.

he will get more like 6 week Bods, but i agree 100% - the head rubbing is such a weasely, germy thing it is about time someone got a poke in the snout for it.

Hope the guy didn't suffer any injuries out of it, but i don't have a lot of sympathy.

Although I don't condone punching, it wasn't a cheap shot, he was baited from behind (that's a dog act) and responded face to face. I hope the bloke who pushed him is sidelined for at least as long as Politoni ... both are guilty of different offences but surely the instigator cannot escape punishment although he probably gets a credit because he was dropped like the cat he is. The rules should be altered to add "baiting" as a chargeable offence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Although I don't condone punching, it wasn't a cheap shot, he was baited from behind (that's a dog act) and responded face to face. I hope the bloke who pushed him is sidelined for at least as long as Politoni ... both are guilty of different offences but surely the instigator cannot escape punishment although he probably gets a credit because he was dropped like the cat he is. The rules should be altered to add "baiting" as a chargeable offence.
    Well said.

i think i heard best it in a movie 15 years ago - ' you keep campaigning for this ass whooping, you gonna get elected'

Inactive User

^^^ the last three posts rock!

Well said
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Just watched it. I hope he never pulls on a Titans jersey again. Dog act.
    How is it a dog act? The other kid put his hands on Pat first. You can’t go and shove somebody in the back of the head like he did and not expect anything to happen.
    Last edited by Dobes; 01-04-19 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mick Ennis would breath a sigh of relief he has retired if that rule changed.

Inactive User

I don’t like seeing players pat opponents on the head when they make an error too. I’d want to deck them. So what old mate did to Politoni was really inciteful.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Wallace needs some time on the bench. He alone cost us that game. Giving away penalties on the 4th and 5th tackles. Unfair on everyone. I agree with you DB. For any other team it would be a knock on. It was a knock on.
    Hit the nail on the head there mate. It's not fair on everyone. They were the most stupid penalties and you could see them coming every time. He needs dropped and told to tidy up his game. He should also use the time to learn how to fend so defenders are required to do more than tackle a moving cushion.

Hipgrave seems to have tidied up his game substantially. I don't think I saw him give away a penalty all game and he managed to do so while not going backwards in aggression. He deserves a spot in the 17. I thought Cartwright was pretty good also. His defence seems to have improved drastically.

What on earth are we going to do about our centres. This has been happening for years now. Every team that plays us knows to target our edges, especially the left. It doesn't seem to matter who we play there, every game they expose us. I personally would like to see either Spry or Jesse Arthurs given a crack. Arthurs looked good in the trials and has also scored in every one of Burlieghs games this season playing centre/wing. Why bring these players here if we aren't going to use them? Look how many youngsters the Broncos are always blooding and look how they turn out. There is a reason why they didn't want Copley, Kahu etc.

I don't think Peachey can ever be more than a bench utility. He's too small to play anywhere else than Centre but man his defence is woeful. I feel like Garth missed the chance to shift him to the middle earlier in this game. 20min to go we just got a bit of momentum rolling forward, the Souths forwards were looking tired and Sami had fresh legs but Garth didn't pull the trigger until about 12min to go. I'd rather have 50 exciting mins out of Peachey in the middle and a centre playing 80min consistently. This idea of having a centre on the bench-just incase just seems pointless.

This game was definitely more encouraging than the first two but we still have a long way to go. There were some positive signs I thought; Boyd ran with a bit more purpose, Rein was good out of Dummy half apart from that defensive blunder early on and we came close to a win with a shocking 1 sided penalty count. How those refs could justify that was beyond me. Both of their contentious tries were 50/50 at best as well. We fought well but we need to be better so the refs can't keep playing us out of matches.

Post match interview is interesting, if you take out, we've got to be better than this then it goes for about a minute. Brennan not complaining with the penalties that were awarded against us because we committed them. Whether or not Souths were that clean he will have to watch again.

Team flies from Sydney direct to NZ. Won't get a chance for much of a training run. As mentioned above Taylor and Roberts fly with the team for this weekend but no guarantees they'll be fit.