Jai Arrow optimistic of dodging back troubles after good signs from Gold Coast Titans Round 1
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

IT wasn’t the Round 1 result Jai Arrow was hoping for but there was a left-field positive for the Gold Coast workhorse to take out of the first NRL weekend of the season.

The only downside to Arrow’s breakout 2018 campaign was the back troubles he battled through.

The 23-year-old reassessed over the summer how he can prevent a recurrence of the injury and it seems as if his additional work is already reaping the rewards.

“I have done a lot more stretching than I probably had last year and a lot more ice baths for sure,” he said. “I’m just trying to maintain my body.”

The indication that it is doing the trick?

“I was in bed straight after the game (on Sunday night) and fell asleep pretty quick whereas usually I can’t really sleep after games so it’s obviously a good sign for me there,” he added.

“I will just keep doing that and hopefully that works.”

Arrow will be part of a pivotal forwards battle between the Titans and Sharks this Saturday, with the hosts boasting renowned metre-eaters such as Andrew Fifita and Paul Gallen.

“The Sharks are a big forward pack and if we’re not running harder than them, then they are obviously going to dominate us,” Arrow said.