Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Rumours that John Cartwright to coach the bears in 2020

Inactive User

I thought King Henry May be interested

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Why would he come back and how awkward would it be that a coach Titans sacked is in control of the feeder club.??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Why would he come back and how awkward would it be that a coach Titans sacked is in control of the feeder club.??
    I know King Henry has already expressed he’s love to be involved with the Titans again, in the case of Cartwright well under the assumption that he loves and misses the GC I’d suggest he’d be prepared to suck it up and let bygones be bygones for job, lifestyle and location.

I’d suggest a lot of Gold Coasters could relate to that

Nothing untowards you, lonegull. But that's such a treadful rumour, one can only hope it's someone's attempt at sarcasm.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Nothing untowards you, lonegull. But that's such a treadful rumour, one can only hope it's someone's attempt at sarcasm.
    It’s believable given his Son In Law plays for Burleigh and his family connections and the fact he lived here for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Toads totally agree its an awful rumour and just doesnt make any sense what so ever, an its no attempt at sarcasm

Toads totally agree its an awful rumour and just doesnt make any sense what so ever, an its no attempt at sarcasm
    It is mentioned in today's Courier Mail so it seems more than just a rumour.
    Why would he leave a cushy job at Manly for a QCup job?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It is mentioned in today's Courier Mail so it seems more than just a rumour.
    Why would he leave a cushy job at Manly for a QCup job?
    I’ve given reasons already in two posts

Have to agree with you Bods. His daughter Eden and Hayden Schwass from the Burleigh Bears are getting married today. Both his daughters are on the coast and he still owns a house here. I know he does miss the coast so you never know, it could be in the pipeline.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Have to agree with you Bods. His daughter Eden and Hayden Schwass from the Burleigh Bears are getting married today. Both his daughters are on the coast and he still owns a house here. I know he does miss the coast so you never know, it could be in the pipeline.
    So there could be grandchildren soon too then with both daughters here

Immortal

Rick Stone is Burleigh’s new head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Rick Stone is Burleigh’s new head coach.
    Just saw that.... It was reported that John Cartwright put in for it..... I wonder how comfortable it would have been if he got the role and was invited to titans training as now the Burleigh and tweed coaches are ??

Good to get Stone back...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

The Burleigh Bears have announced the appointment of Rick Stone as head coach for the next two Intrust Super Cup seasons.

The two-time Intrust Super Cup premiership-winning coach is no stranger to the Bears, having previously coached over 200 games at the club from 1995 to 2005. In that time Stone lead the club to premierships in 1999 and 2004.

Stone left the Bears in 2005 to take up an assistant coaching role with the Newcastle Knights where he ultimately became head coach.

Stone has also held coaching positions with Huddersfield Giants (Super League), the Fiji Bati National Team, Sydney Roosters NRLW (2019) and is the current Lebanon National team head coach.

Bears CEO Damian Driscoll said the club had been inundated with applications for the position and securing a coach of Stone's ilk was the best outcome to lead the club forward.

“We are very excited to have Rick returning to the club as head coach. Rick has a thorough knowledge of our club and community, which are qualities that are important at the Bears," Driscoll said.

"Rick has an extensive coaching resume and we look forward to what he will bring to the Bears."

Stone said he was excited about the challenge of being back where it started.

“The Burleigh Bears mean a lot to me as they gave me my first opportunity to coach in the Intrust Super Cup," Stone said.

"I have great memories from my previous time at the club and look forward to more success.

"Jimmy (Lenihan) has left the club in great shape and I am excited to work with the current group of players and next generation of Intrust Super Cup players pushing through the club's development system. There is a lot to look forward to.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...ew-head-coach/

QLD Cup

TRD has signed a train and trial deal with the Knights