Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Where is the mercy rule
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Where is the mercy rule
    Left the game with 25 mins to go to beat the crowds on Caxton. Bars were already full of Eels fans.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Magic weekend? Especially those who attended.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Only went the Saturday with on a suppliers coin, so the games took a back seat to free flowing drinks and food. The games on the Saturday weren't all that great and I didn't have dog in any fight so I honestly didn't find it all that captivating. Three games didn't feel like three games though time flew. I was concerned for the players welfare on a field that was being torn apart. Something I enjoyed was talking to the people around us who had travelled for the event and jumping on board their team spirit. Easier to relate to the dogs fans with their coach, team choices and position on the ladder.

All up enjoyable, would I go with my own coin? Probably not considering Mothers day was on Sunday so funds were allocated to that. If it wasn't on Mothers Day weekend, I'd take the family up if the Titans were playing on a multi team day for sure.

I attended all 8 games of Magic Round and stayed in Brisbane for Friday and Saturday nights and it was really, really enjoyable. After Thursday night's game I stated to my wife that it would hard to wear my Titans jersey for the remaining games half expecting a ribbing by other fans... How wrong I was!
    It was just fantastic to see so many people wearing their jerseys and colours in a rugby league love-in. I wore my jersey all weekend and there were many other Titans fans that were wearing their jerseys despite the loss and disappointment. Despite Parra's loss I still saw lots of fans wearing their jersey with pride the following day and over the whole weekend I didn't see any ribbing apart from between friends within a group.
    The NRL did fantastic job with the flow of the days with terrific entertainment and a party atmosphere.
    I will definitely be back next year particularly as I have heard it will be over 3 days removing the ridiculous Thursday night game.

Wow what a report.

I'm delighted to hear. I always do see and feel and hope for some sort of Rugby League solidarity. And I think we are closer as a game than any other. But we need opportunities to prove it. The Kangaroos are an underused platform for unity.

But Magic Round can be a celebration for the game. I'm also convinced the reason why our TV ratings out do AFL is that we love the game and we are willing to watch other clubs go around.

I am really disappointed that I missed it. But I am excited that so many who went are ready to go back. I'm sure things will be fine tuned and momentum will build.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

DO you think when other fans watch us play its as bad as me watching Penrith now?

Imagine how much worse they would be if we didn't buy their reject players

Inactive User

How the bloody hell did we beat Newcastle???
    They look like Grand Finalists Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    How the bloody hell did we beat Newcastle???
    They look like Grand Finalists Tonight
    Massive crowd too!

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    DO you think when other fans watch us play its as bad as me watching Penrith now?
    I think people watching our games over the last several years... well it wouldn't have been selling too many people.

In the past other fans have cheered us on because we played some gritty never say die football. But that was in the era of Bailey, Friend and Bird.

Inactive User

What just happened to The Drongoes has helped heal me a little

Guess the Broncos didn't make the finals either. Already in Bali.

Drongoes dreamt about being contenders, only to be exposed as pretenders.

58-Nil says it all.

Inactive User

Having watched the 730 Report tonight I don’t think Peter V’Landys is an acceptable replacement for Peter Beattie to run Rugby League.