9 52.94%
  • Gordon

8 47.06%
  • Sami

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%

Default 2019 Titans Fullback Poll

Bit of banter and thoughts on our fullback for 2019.

Im going to go Brimson but loved what Gordon did for us last year.

Started with the toughest position, this will have impact on where other players fit in its a hard one and trying to get the balance right
    As a team fit is brimson better at fullback or does he slip into five eight also the goal kicking could influence team selection
    I am going to go brimson

Gone for Gordon after coming back from training ... I like what I saw and can only say it's going to be a very interesting year.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gordon so we keep a kicker on the field that doesn't feel like it's too much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Gordon so we keep a kicker on the field that doesn't feel like it's too much for them.
    Whether it's AJ or Gordon at FB or AJ or Jacks at 6 we won't lose too much. I've plumped for Gordon in the poll for his experience and talk in defence. AJ will own that position by the end of the season but he's not doing contact yet either.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

yeah good point there titanic about Gordon's talk in defence, that's one thing a fullback these day has to be very good at is setting the defensive line and organising blokes to get into the right position and that is something Gordon does very well

Inactive User

AJ Fullback and Gordon/Don wings. The rest of the fellas can fight over the Centre/5-8/Utility positions. Unselected players must play only at Centre/5-8 for Burleigh/Tweed because AJ/Gordon/Don are locked in to be the back 3.

First Grader

Went gordon as unsure about ajs shoulder perhaps to ease him into it. Need a solid goal kicker on the field so gordon must be in the lineup somewhere

Went for Gordon because I am not sold on either Jacks or Roberts at 5/8. AJ will own either 5/8 or FB so I feel with flash at the back we have a true NRL quality goal kicker and defensive organiser on the field. But won't be surprised to AJ at the back at some point this season.

Went Gordon because it's the safest option.

I missed this one, but I would have voted for Gordon. He's only got this year left and I think he'll make the most of it. I'm tipping him to really stand up this year.

AJ will be our next fullback. He is outstanding, but if we have a talent like Gordon on the books this year....and we want an all round strong line up, I reckon Gordon at 1 and AJ at 6.

I can't wait to see AJ and Peach wreaking havoc on the field this year!

Looks like Brennan voted for Gordon

Just on our goal kicking....Gordon and Taylor landed 78.2% of their conversion attempts last year. The NRL average was 73.6%. The top four was 71.5%.

Taylor kicked 15 of his 17 conversion attempts. Gordon kicked 14 of his 15 penalty goal attempts for an average of 93.3%, the NRL average was 92.2%. Pretty good!

NRL stats have Gordon at 78% accuracy and Taylor at 83% accuracy. Bring on more tries this year and watch those stats go through the roof!!

(Hopefully, LOL)