Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

I hope that is not commentators curse

Arrow will not require surgery on a grade three AC joint injury and is hoping to only miss three NRL games.

Arrow, who will join South Sydney next year, suffered the painful injury in the Gold Coast’s loss to Cronulla last Saturday and the Titans feared he may have played his last game for the club.

But he received some good news after consulting with a surgeon on Wednesday and is aiming to return to the field in the coming weeks.

“I got some good news, it doesn’t require surgery,” Arrow told News Corp on Thursday.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Jai Arrow injured his shoulder during the Titans’ clash with the Sharks. Picture: Phil Hillyard
    Jai Arrow injured his shoulder during the Titans’ clash with the Sharks. Picture: Phil Hillyard
    “The doctor said because I ruptured both ligaments in the AC joint, they usually don’t do surgery. He said I should be right.

“I’m looking to be back in three or four weeks. I reckon I will get three games in, maybe four depending on pain. I will be training with the team next week.

“It definitely wasn’t my last game for the Titans so I’m cheering.”

Arrow, 25, suffered the injury when he was crunched by Cronulla’s Siosifa Talakai and attempted to soldier on with the Titans down on troops.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook was concerned Arrow may have required a shoulder reconstruction which would have ruled him out of the remainder of the NRL season and the November State of Origin series.

Injury Update: Thompson, Rein and Arrow

Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Mon 21 Sep 2020, 01:34 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    The Gold Coast Titans notched up a fourth consecutive win by defeating the Manly Sea Eagles on the weekend.

The result didn't come without its challenges though, with Mitch Rein, Jai Arrow and Corey Thompson all suffering varying injuries throughout the game.

Mitch Rein suffered a confusion to the head/eye area and was decided to be rested for second half.

Corey Thompson had lower back/hamstring tightness and was decided to be rested second half.

Jai Arrow had groin tightness but continued to play.

Gold Coast Titans Head of Performance, Dan Ferris said "all players will be monitored early in the week medically, but are expected to be available for selection."

With the final team list to be named tomorrow, Brian Kelly will also come into selection consideration as he recovers from an ankle sprain he picked up against the Bribane Broncos in Round 18.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Injury Update: Surgery For Fifita

Author
    broncos.com.au
    Timestamp
    Mon 21 Sep 2020, 03:22 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    David Fifita will undergo ankle surgery after being injured in Friday night’s match against Parramatta.

The backrower suffered a syndesmosis injury which was diagnosed after an MRI at the Clive Berghofer Centre Qscan facility.

Broncos Head Of Performance Paul Devlin said: “David saw a surgeon today, and it was decided that the best course of action is for David to have surgery to repair his ankle. The surgery will be completed in the coming days”.

Fifita ruled out of Origin. Will miss start of Titans pre-season. Unlikely to be running again until mid November.

https://twitter.com/chrisgarry7/stat...576328704?s=21

———————-
    NRL Physio.

Not running til 8 weeks post surgery means they are either taking it conservatively with rehab or he’s also having a screw inserted, which is rare these days. If just tightrope is commonly done in 6-8 weeks

https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...812232193?s=21

Didn't the Broncos break Taylor before coming here?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Didn't the Broncos break Taylor before coming here?
    Yeah he suffered a compound fracture in his fingers on debut.

Reading the Broncos forum discussing Fifita's injury is ****ing disgusting. What kind of salty low-life imbeciles wish that upon any human being, let alone a 20 year old footballer just because he chose he doesn't want to play for your unstable mess of a club.

Looking forward to the change in tune when you try and get him back in 2024 you muppets.

I'm sorry to bring such foul language to our civil and respectable forum but this really pisses me off. I hope those idiots know that parents of promising young footballers do in fact read these forums and fans wishing ill-health among players doesn't sit well when they're choosing where to send their kid.

Can't wait to get Fifi healthy and rocking with the most unified, professional and well directed club in Queensland. Rest up well big fella because you've got a big 2021 in front of you.

Inactive User

^^^^ Amen to all that

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Reading the Broncos forum discussing Fifita's injury is ****ing disgusting. What kind of salty low-life imbeciles wish that upon any human being, let alone a 20 year old footballer just because he chose he doesn't want to play for your unstable mess of a club.

Looking forward to the change in tune when you try and get him back in 2024 you muppets.

I'm sorry to bring such foul language to our civil and respectable forum but this really pisses me off. I hope those idiots know that parents of promising young footballers do in fact read these forums and fans wishing ill-health among players doesn't sit well when they're choosing where to send their kid.

Can't wait to get Fifi healthy and rocking with the most unified, professional and well directed club in Queensland. Rest up well big fella because you've got a big 2021 in front of you.
    Wow HS. That is a disgrace. It's not just unsporting but its unhuman. What a spoilt bunch. It really makes me fired up to see Fifita have a tremendous career and stomp them.

I'm glad that most of our fanbase is civil and reasonable.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

It truly gets toxic as over there at times. There are some decent fans but a number who just can't look passed their bias and arrogance unfortunately. Even the hate for Boyd is ridiculous to watch with him easily outperforming any other FB they have. I take comfort in the fact that over 150m a game is a lazy effort for Fifita according to them. If that's lazy, given the ****e ball he recieves, I'm bloody keen.

HIP OPERATION BLOW FOR ASH

ASH Taylor's

fightback this season has ended on a sombre note

— the Titans star is to have hip surgery. Gold Coast’s $1 million man was ruled out of the Maroons’ train-on squad this week to prepare for clean-out work on his hips.

Taylor’s pre-season in 2019 was disrupted by shoulder surgery, but it is understood his hip procedure is not as serious. The 25-year-old took time out last year for mental health issues but played some fine matches this season.

He played 19 games and looks to have rediscovered his playmaking mojo under new coach Justin Holbrook.

From today’s Courier Mail.

NRL Physio

Ash Taylor underwent bilateral (both sides) hip surgery this week, described as mostly a “cleanout”. Shouldn’t have significant effect on his offseason training, many surgeries like this will now be performed on players who have been pushing through issues during the season

QLD Cup

Disappointing for Ash because he could have made that Maroons camp this year which would have done wonders for his confidence after being snubbed a couple years back.

Hopefully the surgery goes well though and he comes back next year playing the same footy that he ended the season with.

I never thought I would typing this but I feel that we should cut Atay some slack ... we all know he was largely a passenger throughout his previous seasons, not always but never to his full potential. However, he just took what he was offered and for whatever reasons he was a slow developer ... I don't care to go back over all that. But this season he showed a maturity not previously displayed. He played with a team mentality, showed a fair bit of emerging talent and based on his recent injury disclosure also played with courage. That's better than a pass for me ... and I think he has become a Titan rather than a 'Ponies discard. Onya Ash and looking forward to seeing you next season (do some goal kicking practice will ya please).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.