Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    That’s right. He was too. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.
    There you have it than. He’s being a mate. Therefore-sack Ferris.

Rep Player

Are we confident that the problem wasn't related more to Brennan's babysitting approach to training?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Are we confident that the problem wasn't related more to Brennan's babysitting approach to training?
    With how poorly we have done this year there is enough blame to go around to every department and indiviidual. Brennan was sacked. I don't think it's out of the realms of logic to sack the strength and condition coaches along side the assistant coaches.

I would have thought/hope that the new coach would put the broom through the place. Like Seibold did at the broncos. If we have hired a new coach (and we have) we can't expect him to get much different results if the main support structure reamins in place.

A new start needs to be just that, in all areas regarding the coaches.

Inactive User

I’m watching JWall Boxing bout and he’s copped quite a few blows to the head tonight and looks pretty gassed

- - - Updated - - -

It’s over and he won but bloody hell im thankful he’s escaped in one piece

I don’t think he will be back in the ring anytime soon

https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...53356491964417

"Great to see AJ Brimson (back fracture) & Ryan James (ACL reconstruction) back training on the field. Brimson was initially hoping to return in August after a stress fracture in his back progressed to a true fracture"

Inactive User

Did I see tissue paper Copley go off injured again tonight?

Inactive User

Well I’m disappointed that it’s getting late on Tuesday and nothing from the club and especially Dan Ferris on our off the field injury train wreck.
    Communicate with the fans.

I see a photo on Instagram that has the 8 players in the rehab group. No updates at all.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Titans injury crisis the worst Holbrook has ever seen
    Nic Darveniza, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 9, 2020 12:34pm
    Subscriber only
    Justin Holbrook has navigated injury minefields before but he’s never experienced one as dire as he finds himself in now.

Eight Gold Coast Titans with a combined 210 NRL tries between them will watch Friday night’s clash with the New Zealand Warriors from the sidelines.

Holbrook’s starting team has scored just 160 tries, with club all-time leader Anthony Don’s individual haul of 80 making up one-half of that figure.
    The Titans have zero healthy centres remaining on their roster, thrusting backrow converts Bryce Cartwright and rookie Beau Fermor into unfamiliar defensive roles against a Warriors backline spearheaded by superstar Roger Tuivasa-Scheck.

Coach Holbrook said the injury crisis is the worst he’d experienced at any club.

“I don’t think I have (experienced worse),” Holbrook said.

“I’m not hard done by but it’s not ideal for sure.

“You always want your best players on the field but (injuries are) a part of the game and every club has it.”

Holbrook said the club had reviewed injuries to AJ Brimson, Philip Sami, Dale Copley, Young Tonumaipea, Jonus Pearson, Mitch Rein, Ryan James and Kevin Proctor carefully and found that no one department was responsible.

“They were all different, not from one particular area,” he said.

“Pearson was in the gym, Sami was a ridiculous driving try, Proctor had a contact injury, Kelly was an injury from the week before and Copley and Tonumaipea were during a game – you can’t help that.

“They’re all different reasons so there’s not one part of our program that’s caused all the injuries.

“It’s a very brutal sport, rugby league, and it’s a big part of the game.

“It’s why we have depth of squad and it’s exciting to give others opportunities.”

The new-look Titans will step into the furnace against a tight-knit Warriors group who have bonded over exceptional circumstances.

Holbrook said defeating them would be a great win for the club.
    “We had a tough week last week but at least this week we’ve had a normal week of training.

“We have guys playing out of position but at least we’ve had the week to prepare.

“If you play well enough to win it makes it even more special when you know you have half a dozen of your best players on the sideline.

“Play good enough to win and it’ll be a great win for the club”.

https://twitter.com/nicdarveniza/sta...907049472?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Mitch Rein suffered a grade 2 PCL strain. 4-6 weeks

NRL Physio

If we can't get Fifita, put that 1.25M into the best medical/S&C staff we can find, this is definitely getting irritating.

Inactive User

Former Origin Hooker Peats might actually get a game before the season ends the way things are going

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Former Origin Hooker Peats might actually get a game before the season ends the way things are going
    As a winger probably

From Origin to axed from NRL: Injury secret behind Jarrod Wallace’s puzzling form slump
    NRL PREMIERSHIP
    July 15, 2020 1:01pm
    Source: FOX SPORTS

Source: Getty Images
    Star prop Jarrod Wallace insists he was rested, not exiled, from the Gold Coast Titans team last month, claiming injuries are behind his struggles in 2020.
    Wallace’s form slump has been one of the most puzzling in the NRL this season. He was left out of Justin Holbrook’s side for several weeks in a stunning fall from grace having played State of Origin for Queensland last season.

The 28-year-old, who signed a bumper four-year deal with the Titans in 2018, has been back in the Titans 17 for the past three weeks but limited to an impact role off the bench.

Wallace, however, is optimistic he’s returning to his best having been forced to take a break.

“I don’t know if it was being in exile,” Wallace said on Tuesday of his time out of the team.

“I was carrying a few injuries that I thought I’d be able to keep playing through but it got the best of me.

“My back and my hamstring, I just couldn’t keep pushing through, so Justin thought it’d be the best thing to put me to the side for a bit and make sure I got those right.

“I’m not the fastest guy as it is so when I don’t have any power or strength in my running like that, I think that made it very hard.

“... I probably should have stood up and said to him I was in a bit more trouble then I was trying to make everyone believe but Justin made the right call in giving me a few weeks off because now I’m feeling really good and I’m glad I’m back in the team and playing some footy.”

Wallace has spent a total of just 75 minutes on the park over the past three weeks with Jaimin Jolliffe favoured to partner Moeaki Fotuaika in the starting front row.

However he showed glimpses of his old form in a strong running performance off the bench against the Warriors last week.

“I would like to be starting. I’ve been a bit up and down, just trying to get used to it (coming off the bench) again,” Wallace said.

“It’s a bit of a mental battle ... but I’ve had a few chats with Justin and he said make sure I’m preparing and when I do get on there, I’m doing my job which is running hard and tackling hard.”