Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    What is the hate towards Hipgrave about? I don't get it. I know he does some stupid plays from time to time but at least he gives his everything when he plays. More that could be said for most of the team
    Same.

You can't train or teach passion. I still say him getting sent off twice in a single game was the highlight of 2018.

But, I concede that says more about our 2018 season than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Would any of you keyboard warriors say it to his face though? Why can't NRL players go to university and further their career?
    Why do we need to say it to his face? His on-field actions speak for themselves. How dumb do you have to be to be sent to the bin twice in one game? Let's not sugarcoat that. And while we can go on about his on-field discipline, I've seen some pretty bad defensive lapses from him as well. I don't care about his passion if it's going to hurt the team more than help it.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    It's a weird one though. I remember in the preseason he looked really fit, happy and healthy whereas last year he was bordering on being fat. I had high hopes for him this year in a bottom 8 side but it hasn't come to fruition for whatever reason. I think there's a lot more to Ash's story than simply being a 'sook'.
    That is what I think as well which is why I am hesitant to jump on the band wagon of giving him a hard time. What I would really like to know is what happened between him and Brennan and whether Taylor and Roberts are still thick as thieves. Paul Kent likes to use this line a lot but it seems to me like Taylor has been given a lot of bad advice since he burst onto the scene. I guess this is in hindsight now but why weren't alarm bells ringing when he was receiving mentoring from Garth Brennan when Henry was still the coach. From the day that we have heard of Taylors connection with Brennan (and therefore Roberts), his game has progressively gone backwards.

This is off topic but from a media point of view as well I'd like to see Matty Johns come out and front some of his claims that he made hailing the appointment of Brennan. Funny enough he has conveniently avoided that topic since Brennan's sacking

Inactive User

That is what I think as well which is why I am hesitant to jump on the band wagon of giving him a hard time. What I would really like to know is what happened between him and Brennan and whether Taylor and Roberts are still thick as thieves. Paul Kent likes to use this line a lot but it seems to me like Taylor has been given a lot of bad advice since he burst onto the scene. I guess this is in hindsight now but why weren't alarm bells ringing when he was receiving mentoring from Garth Brennan when Henry was still the coach. From the day that we have heard of Taylors connection with Brennan (and therefore Roberts), his game has progressively gone backwards.

This is off topic but from a media point of view as well I'd like to see Matty Johns come out and front some of his claims that he made hailing the appointment of Brennan. Funny enough he has conveniently avoided that topic since Brennan's sacking
    The week of Brennan sacking instead of his usual podcast with Finch and Kent chewing the fat he had a long winded interview with Sam Burgess which I thought may have been a tactic to avoid discussion of Brennan while it was red hot.
    Matt Johns has been a curse to us
    His outlandish claims about Taylor I think provoked Annesley into giving him a million a year
    AND his getting in the ear of Ms Frizelle saw Brennan who’s application was put in the dustbin by the panel without an interview resulted in him being so convincing that we signed that absolute Lemon of a coach and the complete disaster that he’s left behind.

Thanks Matt Johns. Thanks a lot. Right up there with your best work in Christchurch.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The week of Brennan sacking instead of his usual podcast with Finch and Kent chewing the fat he had a long winded interview with Sam Burgess which I thought may have been a tactic to avoid discussion of Brennan while it was red hot.
    Matt Johns has been a curse to us
    His outlandish claims about Taylor I think provoked Annesley into giving him a million a year
    AND his getting in the ear of Ms Frizelle saw Brennan who’s application was put in the dustbin by the panel without an interview resulted in him being so convincing that we signed that absolute Lemon of a coach and the complete disaster that he’s left behind.

Thanks Matt Johns. Thanks a lot. Right up there with your best work in Christchurch.
    He also did some mentoring stuff with Ash that seems like wasted dollars now too. I actually like the guy and watch every one of his shows but I don't think that he (or much else of the media) does a lot of help for our club.

Inactive User

He also did some mentoring stuff with Ash that seems like wasted dollars now too. I actually like the guy and watch every one of his shows but I don't think that he (or much else of the media) does a lot of help for our club.
    For mentoring we have Rogers/Presto/Prince/Friend all ready and willing I’m sure to lend a hand be it big or small and all with different perspectives and footy IQ to pass on.
    What a waste.

Anyone see Peat's write up? Agree with what he said about how people need to know when to draw the line and stuff but just wanted to touch on his accountability part.

"The other week they released some of our salaries on NRL360. That was wrong. You can speculate what players are on but they put it right there – ‘these eight players are taking up the cap’ – and they used it to attack Ash Taylor and Ryan James.

Ryan has done his ACL and is out for the year. It’s not his fault he’s injured.

They were attacking Ash for his form. They probably believe that is warranted for how he’s playing, but he’s going through a mental issue as well."

I'm pretty sure most of us understand James is injured and Taylor has his problems he has to deal with, both in which they can't be blamed for. Love how he is only able to defend Taylor and James in relation to the salary cap as they are the only ones, in my opinion, with genuine reasons. Funny he doesn't mention the reasons for the performances of him and other 5 dudes named. Those are the ones I'd like to know tbh.
    Last edited by TitansState; 12-08-19 at 07:38 PM.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/nath...YDCEbzG1e8A.97

Peats, 2 pages.

One minute he's saying they cop it and it's unfair and then says he can see why. Great read anyway. Great endorsement for the Gold Coast as he says he would retire up here with his family no matter where he ends up.

Inactive User

Taylor didn’t play for Tweed today due to Ankle injury
    We had a narrow win over Northern Pride
    Latu didn’t play either (shoulder)
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 31-08-19 at 07:41 PM.

Inactive User

BT asked Martin Lang about Dan Ferris and the response was way different to our perceptions
    He said “Dan Ferris is the best in the business, he is not the problem”.

Just thought I’d share

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    BT asked Martin Lang about Dan Ferris and the response was way different to our perceptions
    He said “Dan Ferris is the best in the business, he is not the problem”.

Just thought I’d share
    Well we are certainly less physically stronger and certainly significantly less fit than the other teams and he is the strength and conditioning coach.

I just look at Manly last year compared to Manly this year and there is no comparison. Likewise the Titans this year and the one common denominator is Ferris.

Maybe Ferris and Lang are good mates
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 03-09-19 at 07:30 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Well we are certainly less physically stronger and certainly significantly less fit than the other teams and he is the strength and conditioning coach.

I just look at Manly last year compared to Manly this year and there is no comparison. Likewise the Titans this year and the one common denominator is Ferris.

Maybe Ferris and Lang are good mates
    Yeah that’s probably it

Junior

Didn’t they work together back in the Cartwright days at the club??

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Didn’t they work together back in the Cartwright days at the club??
    Lang was Dans assistant back in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Lang was Dans assistant back in 2013
    That’s right. He was too. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady