Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Taylor could be out for the game.
    Why what are you hearing?
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Taylor could be out for the game.
    Just to clarify - I believe this was posted on Twitter by Readingtheplay who usually has some good inside information.

Unless you’ve received this from elsewhere BT?

Inactive User

I found it interesting that both Copley and Don were picked on the extended bench. This Taylor theory sort of explains why. More options.

Taylor wasn’t mentioned in the injury update

Does anyone have anything to add to this?? Someone must have some mail.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 14-03-19 at 05:34 PM.

courier mail has a paywalled article about it,

I figured Rein will just come onto the bench and Aj slots into halves if it happens,

Junior

AJ Brimson on call as Ash Taylor faces uphill battle to be fit for Round 1 clash with the Raiders
    MARCH 14, 2019
    Emerging Titans star AJ Brimson is bracing for an eleventh hour starting call-up as halfback Ash Taylor battles to prove his fitness for Sunday’s Round 1 clash against the Raiders.

Taylor was quarantined from training on Thursday after coming down with an illness three days before the Titans kick off their 2019 campaign at Cbus Super Stadium.

Ash Taylor is in doubt for Round 1. Picture: Adam Head
    Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan is expecting Taylor to play, however Brimson has been placed on standby.

If Taylor is ruled out, Brimson will move into the five-eighth role he starred in last year, with Tyrone Roberts shifting to halfback.

Brimson, 20, played 15 NRL games in his debut season to be nominated for the Dally M rookie of the year, but was named to come off the bench against Canberra as he continues his return from a shoulder reconstruction.

AJ Brimson is on standby in the case Ash Taylor doesn’t play. Picture: Adam Head
    Brennan said he believed Taylor would be cleared to play.

“He didn’t train because he has been feeling a bit crook,” Brennan said.

“He will be ready to go, I don’t anticipate any issues.

“He was kept off the park. If he is crook I didn’t want it going through the team so I kept him out.

“He should train (Saturday) and if not he will be ready by Sunday. I’m not too concerned.”

If Brimson is promoted to the starting side, it is likely hooker Mitch Rein will be called on to the bench.

I was at training on Tuesday and Taylor was absent. Roberts ran at half and Brimson at No.6 for the full session

Inactive User

Thanks everyone for those posts
    If he was crook on Tuesday I like his chances of recovering

AND does anyone know if the Raptors are doing the $5 parking again on Sunday?
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 14-03-19 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Just to clarify - I believe this was posted on Twitter by Readingtheplay who usually has some good inside information.

Unless you’ve received this from elsewhere BT?
    Nah mate. As you said saw the post by RTP. He seems to have a good rate at getting inside info correct.

https://twitter.com/dungeylee/status...927080960?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I’m sure we have a ready made half in Ryley Jacks floating around somewhere

Bench will make more sense if he's out.

PS great to see the Donkeys go down last night.

Hopefully it's just a precautionary thing, resting him from training so he's all good for game day. Ash would be a big loss but if he's out surely AJ to 5/8 and Rein to bench utility.

This game is an absolute must win. In the next 3 weeks we face Sharks, Bunnies and Warriors all away from home. Need to beat the Raiders and then knock off at least one more of those teams to at least start 2-2.

Inactive User

^^^ absolutely. You must be at least 2-2 at the end of round 4. You make a great point. We can’t be sluggish we need to get this win on Sunday or we are already under huge pressure.

@SimonBrunsdon from Fox Sports
    Ash Taylor in serious doubt for the @GCTitans ... quad injury has flared up today. Tyrone Peachey could jump into the halves, and either Dale Copley or Anthony Don could come into the backline. AJ Brimson on the pine too .... plenty of cover if Taylor ruled out. Titans run pretty deep this year!

If ash is out I think I'd rather see Peachey start at 6 then move to a ballplaying lock when AJ comes on, either way we'll find out if Roberts is the real deal

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    @SimonBrunsdon from Fox Sports
    Ash Taylor in serious doubt for the @GCTitans ... quad injury has flared up today. Tyrone Peachey could jump into the halves, and either Dale Copley or Anthony Don could come into the backline. AJ Brimson on the pine too .... plenty of cover if Taylor ruled out. Titans run pretty deep this year!
    So the “illness” is now a “quad injury”??
    What to believe.