Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If the white ants you refer to are those of us like me having a whinge about our crappy effort and performance here in the forum JB then turn it up. It was an opportunity to not just get the season off on the right foot but also get the community enthused.

Memberships cost heaps-it’s quite a luxury and to have wives/kids seeing tripe and not wanting to go anymore is heartbreaking and a big problem in growing and sustaining the club.

When I read that piece yesterday by Mal I just thought well here we have another administrator waltzing in and saying be patient but for the long term fans it is just never ending bashing of the head against a brick wall.
    If it makes you feel better I wasn't referring to you Bods. There was too much negativity across social and main stream media for the club not to comment. We are better than what happened on Sunday. Can't say much more.

Inactive User

^^^ thanks JB. I didn’t see any of that, I don’t have social media like FB, Twitter etc and I no longer get the papers either so pretty much all the info and feedback I get these days is League of Titans and Fox Sports.

I’d hate to have seen the Courier Mail comments section. That’s a brutal place. I guess the Titans FB page wouldn’t have been pretty either.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If it makes you feel better I wasn't referring to you Bods. There was too much negativity across social and main stream media for the club not to comment. We are better than what happened on Sunday. Can't say much more.

How do you know that? Some people have us getting the spoon for a reason. We haven't been competitive for years so what makes you think we're any better this year?

For me it's a case of I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sick of falling for all the false hope of the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How do you know that? Some people have us getting the spoon for a reason. We haven't been competitive for years so what makes you think we're any better this year?

For me it's a case of I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sick of falling for all the false hope of the past few years.
    Yeah it's annoying when you don't win every game. How do I know we're better than this, well I guess I don't but we did have our starting halfs out and had to reshuffle during a game so I guess I'm 98% sure that we are better than this.

Yeah it's annoying when you don't win every game. How do I know we're better than this, well I guess I don't but we did have our starting halfs out and had to reshuffle during a game so I guess I'm 98% sure that we are better than this.
    The sarcasm. I don't care if we lose a game so long as the effort is there. There were some close ones we lost last year where I even said we played well and was happy with their effort while some people cried about "how much that loss hurts". I can cop a close 1-10 point loss on the chin but not 20+. That's what really hurts.

And yes, I do agree we are better than that but it has to be on a consistent basis or it means nothing. We were competitive for a few games last year but so what? We still fell outside of the 8.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 19-03-19 at 05:19 PM.

I think a lot of people (inside this forum and outside) are really underestimating the MASSIVE disadvantage of losing both (not one..both!) of your half's. Their literal job is to direct a team around, get good kicks away and work on set plays. With Roberts I think we win that game but missing both Ash & Tyrone made it almost impossible to score and win. We didn't even look like scoring which is to be expected with a centre and a fullback, both with no kicking game, playing makeshift half's. We will be a lot better with Jacks there this week to help AJ.

Yes the effort could have been better and stupid mistakes by Wall & MoFo were despicable, but you take both half's out of any team and they struggle e.g. Morgan & TMM for Cowboys, Milford & Nikorima for the Donkeys, Keary & Cronk for the Chooks. You can't win a game without any half's.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I think a lot of people (inside this forum and outside) are really underestimating the MASSIVE disadvantage of losing both (not one..both!) of your half's. Their literal job is to direct a team around, get good kicks away and work on set plays. With Roberts I think we win that game but missing both Ash & Tyrone made it almost impossible to score and win. We didn't even look like scoring which is to be expected with a centre and a fullback, both with no kicking game, playing makeshift half's. We will be a lot better with Jacks there this week to help AJ.

Yes the effort could have been better and stupid mistakes by Wall & MoFo were despicable, but you take both half's out of any team and they struggle e.g. Morgan & TMM for Cowboys, Milford & Nikorima for the Donkeys, Keary & Cronk for the Chooks. You can't win a game without any half's.
    Point taken. I guess I'm being a bit harsh but man is it a struggle to watch this team sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Point taken. I guess I'm being a bit harsh but man is it a struggle to watch this team sometimes...
    Oh don't worry man I'm with you. I almost rage turned off the TV but unfortunately my loyalty made me stick through it. Seeing some of the offloads in wet weather footy by Peach, Wallace and MoFo had me absolutely scratching my eyes out. We need to be smarter and we need to be better but we can't keep hearing Brennan trot that line of "we will and need to improve" out every week. We need to actually see that something is happening. But I can understand the clunkiness as we had no half and I hope and pray that this week with a drier game and Jacks in the 7, we can have a better performance.

We're all disappointed with a first round loss. See y'all in the round 2 pages.

Speaking of social media, it doesn't cope well with it's ankle deep and impulsive comments.

At least people here and at the game earn their stripes and are entitled to have a blow up.

It is so frustrating. 0-21 scorelines makes it difficult to bring in viewers and attendees, as well as keeping our own friends and family happy.

I have to admit the club probably got a bit carried away in the lead up with all kinds of hype videos and posts. They even titled one "Rnd 1 - Hype"

I know this isn't the Titans fault, but the NRL's slogan for this season is stupid. You can't just call a New Era, you need to justify it. And I can't see it.

Anyway, very disappointed for us to get struck with such key injuries so early but that is no excuse for our forwards.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The new era doesn't start until we literally have points on the board?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But yeah, it's bleedin' obvious we were hobbled without our regular halves. Best/Quickest way to screw any team over.

Still, nothing cuts more than being held to nought. Which is most likely the reason a few blew up about it.

Anyway, it's done and dusted. Roll on Round 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Still, nothing cuts more than being held to nought. Which is most likely the reason a few blew up about it.

Anyway, it's done and dusted. Roll on Round 2!
    I see it as a huge humiliation. I remember being proud of the fact that no one niled us for many years. And then it happened, again and again.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER