Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Inactive User

We were tripe.
    Effort fail
    Leadership fail
    Skills fail
    Adaptability fail
    Embarrassing.

First Home game and now it’s going to be hard to get fringe supporters to want to go back
    I’m seething

Is anyone else concerned that with seconds on the clock, a penalty right in front, down 21 points, we choose not to kick for consolation points but to run it and we don't have a single play, no idea of a play to put on when it's all or nothing?

And I don't care that out halves weren't there, we have enough big men to at least look like we are going to run hard and threaten the line, rather than kick it to nobody and hope something happens??? This is what really bothers me, the idea that we have no plays in the back pocket for these types of moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Is it too much to expect professionals to play wet weather football in wet weather?
    Amen to this which sums it up to a tee.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Mr Bods won't agree with me but James is not a wide runner of the ball needs to be hitting it up in the middle
    Peachy looked lost and cant lead as we all can see now
    AJ is just a runner of the ball not a ball player so we had no chance of attacking the line (FB)
    I was a little bit shocked that Gordon got trapped so many times normally can read play a lot better
    No kicking game wet weather kick it to to corners let them ruck it out
    But mostly what the F why was Rein not in the side what did he do wrong to get dropped for Copley
    But I think on a dry track our forward are going to be a force

Taylor out next week too. Roberts 2-3 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How much did the Raiders miss Boyd tonight?

How much are the Panthers missing Peachey?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that with seconds on the clock, a penalty right in front, down 21 points, we choose not to kick for consolation points but to run it and we don't have a single play, no idea of a play to put on when it's all or nothing?
    No, I don't think many sides kick for goal 21 points down. Someone near me yelled out jokingly to take the two points and many people laughed so I think kicking for goal mighthave been ridiculed. However I take your point about that last play, just clueless - or couldn't give a stuff.

Inactive User

Taylor being out another week is disappointing as they seem to have poorly managed him and he might well be in for another horrible year carrying this injury

The Roberts news on the other hand is pretty good. I expected worse.

Mal's email to members just received. A pretty good summary and reflection of where the club is at in my opinion.

"You’ve heard the saying that premierships aren’t won in March. Well, they aren’t lost then either.

It would be great to be able to talk to you today after starting our season with a win over the Raiders, but that is not the way the cards fell on Sunday.

It was a disappointing day on a lot of levels for everyone involved with the club.

The reason it hurts is because we care, and that can never be a bad thing. But I think we need to be careful about falling into the trap of buying into the “new year, same old Titans” narrative that is being pushed in certain sections after one disappointing day at the office.

This is a new era for the Titans, and there is an amazing amount of work being done across all areas of the club. None of that stops or changes on the basis of one lost game, the same as no one would have been thinking “job done” had we got the two points against the Raiders.

It was one loss, and a disappointing one. But every single club in the NRL will experience that at some stage this season.

As members of the Titans family, I know you share our passion. What we need now is patience, and ultimately performance.

And there were plenty of positives to take out of the game. Defence is all about attitude, and from what I saw from the Titans on Sunday, the players’ attitude is first-rate.

They were physical and committed in their initial contact, worked hard to win the contest, and scrambled well in the first half to keep the Raiders at bay.

Ultimately though, the sheer amount of defence exhausted them. They made mistakes with the ball in absolutely atrocious conditions, and had to do more tackling. Fatigue from defence led to more mistakes, which led to more defence.

It’s rugby league’s vicious circle, but I admired the way the Titans kept fighting even when it became clear it was not going to be their night.

Think back to Round 3 last season when the Titans were blown off the park by the Dragons in Toowoomba. You would have been forgiven for thinking they would not win another game all season on the strength of that performance. But the next weekend, they turned around and beat the Broncos in Brisbane in one of their best displays of the year. Fortunes can change that quickly in rugby league. A week really is a long time in footy.

That is why I was disappointed with the line that the loss to the Raiders was “the same old Titans”. Nothing could be further from the truth. It was one loss, nothing more.

It did nothing to erode the outstanding work that this club does through the Titans Community Foundation which, I can tell you from first-hand experience, is better than anything being done by any other club in the NRL.

One loss doesn’t damage the terrific work being done in our development programs to give kids from the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers a pathway to the NRL, nor does it dilute the excellent ground that is being made in recruitment to make this club as good as it can be.

Anyone that says nothing has changed at the Titans does not have a grasp of the full story.

The biggest change at the club is that everyone here now has to deal with expectations for success. We know those expectations were not met on the field on Sunday, but a season is never judged on just one game.

The Titans are fighting hard to find their self-belief, and when they do, winning will become a habit.

It is a fight that no one at this club will back away from.

Mal Meninga"

Great to see the feedback from the club and address the white anting of the club by some of it's own members, however I can see these words being used against him if we get blown out of park at any stage. Moving on....

Agree JB but I’m impressed by the rapid response and the quality of his sentiments. I replied to him positively.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well.. There appears to be a bit of room for improvement after that effort. Was there any positives apart from the Coast getting a good drenching?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Well.. There appears to be a bit of room for improvement after that effort. Was there any positives apart from the Coast getting a good drenching?
    Cartwright wasn't terrible. Arrow is a machine but need him on for more minutes.

There we go, we got something to draw on. Arrow's a worthy point, Cartwright not so much. Thought I seen one try-scorer step around him, but it could've also camera angle that gave the impression he could've done something defensively.

Roll on, Round Two!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Tweed getting the win over the Blackhawks was great.. Spry was good but most of the Titans boys had a good game with the exception of Latu who is going backwards real fast.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Great to see the feedback from the club and address the white anting of the club by some of it's own members, however I can see these words being used against him if we get blown out of park at any stage. Moving on....
    If the white ants you refer to are those of us like me having a whinge about our crappy effort and performance here in the forum JB then turn it up. It was an opportunity to not just get the season off on the right foot but also get the community enthused.

Memberships cost heaps-it’s quite a luxury and to have wives/kids seeing tripe and not wanting to go anymore is heartbreaking and a big problem in growing and sustaining the club.

When I read that piece yesterday by Mal I just thought well here we have another administrator waltzing in and saying be patient but for the long term fans it is just never ending bashing of the head against a brick wall.