Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Hats off to every Titans fan who braved the conditions.

What sort of prognosis could we be looking at for Tyrone Roberts?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

What an absolute shocker, even with our halves out that is not acceptable.

**** list: Copley, Sami (can even make metres these two)
    Average list: every other player
    Played well: no one

Didn't see our markers move up at all, they where always retreating. Had gaps all through the line. Got completely out muscled in the back. No control in attack and pushed so many unnecessary passes.

Hope Garth tears them a new asshole

First Grader

To be honest the Raiders would have put 40 on us in dry conditions.

Having halves out does not stop players running straight and hard, play the ball quicker, speed off the line and showing some ticker which the Raiders showed in buckets.

Having 2 slow and cumbersome props in Boyd and Wallace will inhibit the team and result in us losing the ruck area more often than not which is where most games are won or lost

My read was how slow Peats service is ... he should be on notice.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I actually thought boyd was great. Some of his hits were brutal. I enjoyed watching him. Just the stupid penalties and errors killed us. That one by sami was unforgivable.

How much did the Raiders miss Boyd tonight?

I was at the game, stood at the northern end goal posts in the rain the whole game, hard to say what was the worst part of the night. We were hopelessly outgunned, got bent back on almost every Raiders hit up, we were flat, looked tired, had nothing to offer in attack and got owned on the kicking game.
    I can't find a single positive out of tonight. I honestly wonder what they have done at training for the entire off/pre-season.
    We had a chance for a consolation 2 points at the end, decided to run it, and looked like a team that had no idea what to do when they should have had that 1 play, that hail Mary, that one thing they trained when they needed to pull off a miracle, but we just kicked it in the air and hoped something special happened.
    I've got nothing. Seriously, was there anything that we can look at and say, "that was promising"???

I’ll give a pat on the back to James,Cartwright.Arrow & AJ

There’s no team in the comp that could lose their 6 & 7 & still play the game plan they have trained for Raiders could have won by 50 if not for our defensive efforts, 3 tries against us 2 off kicks & the other from a scrum with a pathetic attempt at a tackle from Peachy..

I spoke to Taylor & asked if he’d be right for next week he said only a maybe
    #itaintweaktospeak

i thought the forward battle was closer than they are getting credit for. some fearful hits and collisions from both sides, our lack of a kicking game made it almost no contest though.

I thought their backs carried the ball back a lot stronger than ours except for Brenko who seemed ok to me.

It was a grind for most of the night and on a night when kicking is even more important than normal due to the weather, we had no halves - just two ball runners who unfortunately had no idea how to control the ball in the wet.

During the Cartright era i learnt to numb myself after efforts like that, so perhaps i'm too lenient.

I thought their forwards murdered ours, controlled well by Hodgson. As Titanic said Peats should be on notice as the difference between the two hookers was miles. A few decent hits by Boyd in defence but his running along with Wallace and James was soft and never bent their line at all. I've been a supporter of Proctor for too long, does he ever make a break.

Due to the conditions and the disruption caused by the injuries to the halves I give a fair bit of leeway but the goodwill will not last long if that type of effort is repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Good thing Garth and the rest of the high praisers of this team can blame that loss on players missing.

I can tell that Bodsy is not sold on this team and neither am I.
    And conditions, it was crap and Raiders handled it much better than we did.

Peachy hasn’t trained at half and Brimson is back from surgery.

One thing I do think is that tonight shows Peachy shouldn’t be in the halves. We had no kicking game or organisation to which I wasn’t surprised. I much prefer him doing his thing out wide.

Copley didn’t excite me much either but being one of the high praisers (how dare I be a fan and supporter) of this team I’m still backing them and believe we are way better than previous years .

If you want to throw your toys out the cot after one round in crap conditions with our two prime playmakers out then so be it.
    Last edited by rj62; 17-03-19 at 08:55 PM.

Is it too much to expect professionals to play wet weather football in wet weather?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How much did the Raiders miss Boyd tonight?

....who cares??

Not a lot to praise but like a lot of others have said, shocking conditions and missing your 2 starting halves in an already disjointed round 1 team is always going to be a tough watch

Defensive system is better but there was a lot of schoolboy level stuff out there tonight on both sides of the ball. Disappointing

I feel as though a lot of you are being a bit harsh given the circumstances.

I didn't go to the game so it probably didn't hurt quite as much however watching at home it was obvious the Raiders were dominating due predominantly to their kicking game. Without our two first choice halves this was always going to be a near impossible task. Defensively I thought we were strong especially given the positions probably got a fair shake up. The glaring issue from the game was probably the amount of handling errors. Obviously it was wet etc. but every time I got excited for a set down their end we seemed to drop it within three tackles (would like to see our completion rate down their end of the field).

Last time Roberts and Taylor were in the halves we averaged over 21 points a game and I feel we have more attacking weapons this year. (Add that to the fact Raiders probably would've had less solid field position and we got a game)

Fully fit team going in, or at least the two of Roberts, Taylor and Jacks (I will have to check when Taylor was in doubt as it would've been nice to have him in the 21/19 if Garth knew Taylor was unlikely before naming the team.), I feel the team showed enough to get a win or at least make a game of it so not going to judge them for this loss.

QLD Cup

Getting tired of hearing 'we've got to be better than that'. Wanting to hear 'we've made great improvement'