Default Sharks under threat of relocation. Perth Sharks?

Sharks face relocation with NRL preparing to take over licence
    http://www.foxsports.com.au

If the Sharks are crippled financially the NRL would take immediate control of the cash-strapped club, according to reports.

Fines totalling $800,000 were dished out to the club over the Shane Flanagan saga on Thursday, and further penalties are expected once the salary cap breach investigation is completed in January.

These significant hits to Cronulla’s coffers would throw the club’s immediate future into doubt, with the Daily Telegraph reporting the NRL’s considering the relocation of the one-time premiers.

Veteran league writer Dean Ritchie claims the NRL have held “private talks at the highest level” because the governing body cannot afford for Cronulla to dive into bankruptcy without having a contingency plan.

Ritchie says the option of relocating the Sharks to either Brisbane or Perth has been raised.

Of course, the Sharks — who endured a $3 million loss in 2018 and are currently without jersey sponsors — are confident they can avoid such a scenario, and have reportedly guaranteed two financial injections to keep them afloat in the short-term.

News Corp also understands the next stage of the Woolooware Bay development — based next to Shark Park — will result in another financial boon.

The NRL recently announced it would spend 12 months working on a relocation and expansion strategy.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm really torn here. In AFL relocations have worked with the Swans and the Lions. But they were to expansion areas.

But I stil remember how the Bears fans basically just turned into Waratahs or Swans fans or nothing at all.

Starting a Perth NRL franchise with the Sharks could start with a lot of baggage.

But the Sharks would still be seen in Sydney quite a lot.

I wonder if the NRL will force the issue?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I thought the NRL said that they wouldn't bail any teams out anymore after the Tigers and Us.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I thought the NRL said that they wouldn't bail any teams out anymore after the Tigers and Us.
    Yea and that is why they may try to rail road them? But the NRL hasn't really done anything so brutal in a long time.

Inactive User

Given what we as fans have been through on the GC over the years seeing teams of ours be wound up and the absolute pain that you go through when it happens I don’t rate any form of death Trolling of other clubs.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, no matter the sport.