Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    It’s all approved now DH. Completion 2021
    Thank you. My heart skipped a beat reading this post. So I can actually have something to look forward to?!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Anyone got any media reports on this good news?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Council give green light for Titans clubhouse in Oxenford
    Paul Weston, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 30, 2019 6:44pm
    Subscriber only
    The Titans will have a clubhouse on the northern Gold Coast after striking a deal with council which has the support of a majority of councillors.

The club will during the next six months spend $600,000 on plans and negotiate for poker machine licences with the Office of Liquor and Gaming.

Speaking outside a council meeting today, Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly told The Bulletin: “It is a good step forward. We appreciate the support of council.”

Asked how many machines would be sought, Mr Kelly replied: “We are going to apply for 200. There is no way we are going to get that.”

The club expects to obtain 150 poker machines from the existing pool of licences in the region.

A planning application, along with leasing arrangements, were finalised at full council today.

The recommendation supported by councillors was that “in recognition of the significant economic and social benefit to the city securing a strong, financially viable Gold Coast Titans”, the council would sell its parcel of land within Oxenford Park for $2.1 million.

A five-year lease would be granted to the Titans Oxenford Community Club which would see the clubhouse building constructed according to approved plans.

Once the club was operational, the leasehold interest would be converted to freehold for the stated sale price.

An east-west access track would be built and arrangements made for the relocation of the Oxenford Men’s Shed.

Only councillors Peter Young and Daphne McDonald voted against.

Area councillor William Owen-Jones said similar arrangements were made for St Stephen’s College and AB Paterson campuses on flood prone land owned by council.

“So what we are doing here is ultimately entering into our standard lease arrangements in the short term but in the medium to longer term we are looking to sell that parcel of land to the Titans for a community club,” he said.

The deal would show support for the Titans remaining on the Coast but also ensure a future for surrounding land users like the local cricket club and Oxenford Men’s Shed, he added.

The $25 million clubhouse in Oberon Way opposite the Pacific Motorway just south of the Oxenford commercial centre, could be operating by March 2021.

Earlier, a majority of councillors backed the planning application by the Titans for the new clubhouse.

Planning committee chair Cameron Caldwell and Robina-based councillor Hermann Vorster, who raised legal issues and concerns about poker machines in a lengthy debate at committee, at full council spoke in favour of the application.

Hinterland councillor Peter Young, who has been concerned about the take-up in open space in the area earmarked for higher density living, maintained a consistent stand of opposing the application. He was only supported by Cr Daphne McDonald.

Area councillor William Owen-Jones, who has been talking to all stakeholders, received assurances from officers that several issues including a new meeting room, better acoustic barriers and removal of an outdoor smoking area had been “ticked off”.

Deputy Mayor Donna Gates, having regularly driven through the area, believes the club will not make a huge negative impact on traffic.

Junior football clubs were struggling for support in her area and the club would be a big boost, she said.

“I don’t believe there will be a huge impact on the traffic situation in the northern Gold Coast. I hope this project gets through today,” she said.

William Owen-Jones Division 2,
    20 hrs ·
    Titans Oxenford Community Club

Our office has received a survey form from consultants preparing the “Community Impact Statement” to assess the likely social and economic impacts of the grant of a Gaming Licence at 84 Old Pacific Highway, Oxenford.

The impact statement is just part of the process that has to be followed for the Club to apply to the State for EGM licences.

The survey has only been sent to ‘key community representatives’ in the area.

The Titans Oxenford Community Club is a non-profit community Club with objects that include providing a social club premises for its members, supporting programs run by the Gold Coast Titans, including the Titans Community and Junior Development programs (as well as promoting the sport of rugby league and supporting other local sporting groups and community groups and charities).

Once constructed the Club will have a Bistro, cafe, two bars and a kids play area. The applicant is seeking approval to operate up to 200 gaming machines at the Club.

I will be completing the survey this week (it’s due by the 23rd August).

If you would like to EMAIL my office providing your views I would appreciate being able to collate / incorporate them into the response (where appropriate).

division2@goldcoast.qld.gov.au

Please note that it has been requested that comments will need to be specific to the introduction of the 200 gaming machines at the Club, not gambling in general.

#Oxenford #GamingMachineLicence #Survey

I just cut and paste it off his FB page

Inactive User

^^^^ I emailed the address and told him I want this Beautiful Club and it’s beautiful poker machines to ensure the future of Rugby League in our region and to give the people of that community a social hub.

I encourage everyone of you to take two mins of your time and do the same.

Aaaaah Bodsie the moderate ... never thought I’d live to see the day ... onya Brother, I’ve followed your example.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Thanks I will also email my views.

Not sure if any of you follow him but William Owen-Jones on his Facebook page posted the population growth of the Gold Coast. He posted in response to the Bulletin doing a story on the projected GC population in 2035 of 843000 people. I came to the Coast in 2003 and as of 2005 the population was 493649 and as of 2019 687460 is the population. This is almost to 200K jump in population and and roughly another 200k jump between now and 2035 which to me is staggering. Its also been said that the large number of that growth will be in the corridor from Helensvale to Pimpama..So I know that a few still think that the Titans opening a Club up that was is not the best option but given those figures and the growth in that corridor it makes complete sense. Also I looked at most the responses to William posting about the club in his area and a lot of residents can't wait for it to open as they are saying there is a need for such a club up that way. Given the growth, its a " If you build it , they will come" prospect. I live in Mudgeeraba and questioned the location however putting the business cap on it makes sense.

I look at it this way if the club, once built funds the what the Titans are now spending on Junior Development then that is a huge chunk go change to go to the club becoming financially one of the only NRL clubs to make money outright ( Not rely on League Club Grants ).

Just thought guys..... Sunny days ahead.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I’m with you BT ... I’m at Hope when I’m home and there is a very big need for this type of venue.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So will this be owned by the Titans or owned by some one else and just a Titans sticker on it ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    So will this be owned by the Titans or owned by some one else and just a Titans sticker on it ?
    My understanding is Titans owned.

It’s funny Titanic. When the light rail was lauded for the GC there were many doomsayers. My response was that it would be a key infrastructure piece for the GC and look at it now. I’m not suggesting the Titans Tavern will be of a similar ilk but I believe that it’s been strategically placed to capitalise the boom in that area for the next 20 or so years.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Division 2 candidate John Wayne and councillor William Owen-Jones debate Titans clubhouse deal
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

A COUNCIL candidate is opposed to the Titans operating their new clubhouse on public land at Oxenford.

Former councillor John Wayne, who is running against Councillor William Owen-Jones in Division 2, cites it as a bad council decision.

A majority of councillors in June last year supported a five-year lease for the Titans.

Mr Wayne told a Bulletin forum on Tuesday night: “Unfortunately this particular council has a fairly poor record of looking after public open space.

“This is a multi-million (dollar) football club … There is plenty of commercial real estate, appropriately zoned, appropriately positioned for this sort of stuff. The negative impacts on the community – 200 cars moving in and out every night, late-night operations, loud music on the deck.”

Mr Wayne said he had recently visited the nearby restaurants and they were “doing well”.

Cr Owen-Jones said the decision was difficult, but the lease for a non-for-profit club would cover less than half of the park.

He said the project was publicly advertised, and he had paid for Facebook advertisements only to receive “a handful of objections”.

“It will help the Titans and the national franchise. I think that is terribly important for our city,” he said.

William Owen-Jones is probably one of the best Councillors we have ever seen up this way. I don't think he will have an issue getting back in (hopefully not a kiss of death).

Never knew this but raiders have seven licensed clubs

I honestly forgot about this Leagues Club/Community Club.
    Is it safe for me to assume that it has been delayed due to COVID?