Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The other thing about that area is that it's predominantly permanent residents, young families and a strong junior league zone ... I think JB might even argue that it should be even further north near the new Westfield. They are even getting a new school amongst other things.
    I’m at Mount Nathan so a 15/20 minute drive works for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Is the High School Public or Private?
    Is the Hospital Campus Public or Private?

I think both of those are still on the drawing board. Can’t see either being private to be honest, though time will tell.

Is the High School Public or Private?
    Is the Hospital Campus Public or Private?
    Both are public.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Gold Coast Titans owners, the Kelly and Frizelle families, have today delivered on the promise of the addition of a community asset that formed a large part of their proposal when purchasing the rugby league club.

As part of that proposal and central to the future of sustainability of the club was the establishment of an external business model, with the creation of the 'Titans, Oxenford Community Club'.

Following an in-depth and detailed analysis, researching the viability of a Titans licensed venue, a parcel of land, located in the northern corridor of the Gold Coast, at Oxenford and currently owned by the City of Gold Coast was identified.

Architectural plans, and designs for the 'Titans, Oxenford Community Club', have been produced for approval with the state of the art, 2,500 square metre facility to be positioned in an easily accessible and visible location within the 22,000 square metre site.

The designs submitted for approval make maximum use of the flood prone location whilst retaining a green corridor and the facility will see more than 80 jobs created in the local area. The club's owners are committed to building a community centre which provides a significant boost to the local area whilst also creating a host of exciting new opportunities and a place locals and visitors to the region can be proud of.

The Gold Coast Titans understand there may be some disruption to the Coomera Junior Cricket Club, while some school sport will also need to be relocated. The club is committed to working with local council to ensure positive outcomes are achieved for all parties.

The 'Titans, Oxenford Community Club' will be operated as a separate, not for profit entity, with a team of four Directors appointed to provide the best level of operational governance, it will share just one common Director with the Titans Rugby league Pty Ltd company, however operate using a joint mission statement.

Community has been at the heart of the Gold Coast Titans organisation since 2007, with the club committed to playing a key role across the Gold Coast and broader community through the implementation of initiatives and programs which are designed to connect, engage and make a difference to the lives of any individual or group we come into contact with. We are driven to have a positive impact on their lives.

Our people and programs continue to be recognised nationally across the broader sporting community along with the NRL with Titans players awarded the prestigious Ken Stephen medal for the most outstanding contribution to community on three separate occasions, more than any other NRL club.

Preston Campbell, Luke Douglas and most recently Ryan James the proud recipients of the codes most coveted community award.

Gold Coast Titans actively support a host of local schools, clubs, charities and community organisations through the implementation of key programs, appearances and donations. Since the club's inception, the club has spent 18,446 hours and made 4,585 appearances with $3,121,181 in merchandise, memorabilia, tickets and other items also donated.

The Club also provides in excess of $120,000 funding to both the Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls whilst also providing more than $2,000,000 in players to the organisations Intrust Super Cup teams.

The 'Titans, Oxenford Community Club' will provide a platform for the Gold Coast Titans to continue, enhance and expand the reach of the club's community programs, while also providing some financial relief to the football operations.

Gold Coast Titans are committed to the pursuit of excellence, the delivery of sustained success and the creation of a strong community asset.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/...ommunity-club/

I had a say about this on Facebook and with a week to think about it, I have changed my position somewhat. I initially thought it was a bad location for a Titans leagues club, but I can now accept the Titans only play a dozen home games every year, so being next to the stadium is not really a priority. I agree it's a good location for a community club and Oxenford is a very central location for a genuine community club.

My concern is what sort of club will it be? I am concerned it will become a pokie house, and while that might mean more coffers for the club, it's usually never good for the community.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Yeah Whiz I’m with you on all of that ... pokies are a blight but remember when NSW had them and we didn’t? We couldn’t compete. I think it’s the devil you do and the devil you don’t. If we don’t move in the area the Finks might.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

A Community Club Can’t survive without gaming. End of story.

Rep Player

100% with you there mate. I work in the licensed industry and even your state of the art, huge membership, huge food and drink are still getting 80-90% of their revenue from gaming. Sad reality but is integral for a community club to survive

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I initially thought it was a bad location for a Titans leagues club, but I can now accept the Titans only play a dozen home games every year, so being next to the stadium is not really a priority.
    Finally some common sense. I saw and read so many comments about how it wasn’t near the stadium, but like you said it’s 10-12 days per year.
    I’m not familiar with the proposed site but hopefully it does well.

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Finally some common sense. I saw and read so many comments about how it wasn’t near the stadium, but like you said it’s 10-12 days per year.
    I’m not familiar with the proposed site but hopefully it does well.
    Yeah, I was probably one of them. All I've ever really wanted was to be able to stop in at a "Titans" club, have a beer and a feed pre-game, walk/ride to the stadium, watch a game and be able to go back to a central location and dissect/celebrate/drown my sorrows after the game with other like minded RL fans. I accept that this may never happen around Robina, apart from the Dog N Parrot or Wallaby which are both local options that have appeal.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I have no objection to it being a club that is supported by pokies, as opposed to a den that pretends to be a community club while just being a licence to fill rooms with pokies.

I am appalled by what some "SLSC supporters clubs" have become over the past decade. Some/most RSL's too. And sadly some community clubs.

Hopefully we can all have an impact in what this club becomes and we can shape it.

And maybe one day we will at least get some/one bar in the area. It desperately needs it. Especially for early meet ups with the Titans crew.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

For the limited number of days I think there should be a facility incorporated in CBus for all hirers. I don’t like the Robina model at all because we only play there, we don’t train there or work out of there and I’ve yet to see any significant social use of Parkwood.
    Last edited by Titanic; 15-12-18 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    For the limited number of days I think there should be a facility incorporated in CBus for all hirers.
    This is an excellent idea.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    This is an excellent idea.
    I think you will find that this has been explored and we might see something next season.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I think you will find that this has been explored and we might see something next season.
    Its completely logical ... we hire the ground for the day not the length of the game ... the bar staff etc are already engaged and conversely we don’t have to have a white elephant in the middle of nowhere.

Good to see things are moving along quickly and should be completed in the next 2 years. This will mean a lot for our long term survival and will lead to a lot more revenue you'd think.

Gold Coast development: Council to vote on Gold Coast Titans clubhouse
    Paul Weston, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 24, 2019 9:25am

COUNCIL officers have given the tick of approval to the Titans establishing a supporters club in the north of the Gold Coast.

Councillors at a planning committee meeting due to start at 9am today at council will review and vote on the officer’s report before the application goes to full council next week.

The approval will see a one-storey building on a 29,000 sqm site on Oberon Way, just south of the Oxenford commercial centre on sporting fields and open space fronting the Pacific Highway.

The application reveals the licensed club plans to operate between 10am and 10pm Sunday to Thursday and between 10am to 2am Friday to Saturday.

The officers in their report said: “The proposed development will contribute an alternative leisure and entertainment activity on the periphery of the Oxenford Park Precinct. The development will provide a space for Titans members and guests to celebrate the highs and lows of supporting a national rugby league team. The club will activate this area of Oxenford Park and provide an opportunity for social congregation.”

In December last year, Gold Coast Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly revealed why Oxenford was chosen as the potential site of the NRL side’s proposed leagues club because it would help the local community.

The club had approached the Gold Coast City Council to lease or buy a parcel of land at Oxenford for a 2500sq m facility.

The facility would provide up to 80 new jobs, and if backed by council would be ready for the 2021 season. Construction would take two years and the club needs to secure liquor and gaming machine licences.

“A process of analysis by external consultants and ourselves inspected many sites and in the end this was viewed as the best available site,” Mr Kelly said.

“One reason for the selection of this site was the lack of facilities there now that the club will provide to the adjacent community.”

The Titans will seek a leased agreement similar to those in place with Burleigh Bears Rugby League Club at Pizzey Park, Broadbeach Bowls and Community Club and Kurrawa Surf Life Saving Club.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...upoEnLWLoRx-g0