Default 2022 - Your 17 Squad

Just wanted to kick start some discussions for what 17 man squad we want to see for the 2022 season (beginning of the season).

Mine is below:
    1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Greg Marzhew
    3. Brian Kelly
    4. Patrick Herbert
    5. Corey Thompson
    6. AJ Brimson
    7. Toby Sexton
    8. Isaac Lui
    9. Erin Clarke*
    10. Mo Fotuaika
    11. David Fifita
    12. Beau Fermor
    13. Tino Faasuamaleaui

14. Will Smith
    15. Jarrod Wallace
    16. Jaimin Joliffe
    17. Sam McIntyre

* I would start Erin Clarke, but really excited to see how Aaron Booth, Tanah Boyd or Will Smith go in this position. This position should go really to whom ever compliments our playing style (whether we need a solid defender with a shovel and pass, a running 9, or a creative playmaker).
    ** I think Proctor will be in the 17 but I personally have Beau Fermor and Sam McIntyre over him for second row
    *** Hard to leave Sam Lisone off this list but I have Jaimin Joliffe slightly ahead of him, but I know due to injuries and suspensions they will both get a lot of bench minutes either way

Rep Player

I agree with your team indo, but I think what we will actually get is Sami in for Marzhew (+ swapping sides with CT) and Lisone in for McIntyre. I also have a feeling Proctor will end up in the starting side but I'm not sure who drops out of the 17 in that case.

That would be my team Indo but I agree with Willy that Proctor starting and Lisone will get in there for McIntyre and Joliffe with Fifita coming off the bench.

I don't have a huge dislike for Sami but I certainly prefer Thompson on the left and Marzhew on the right.
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-02-22 at 07:56 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I agree with your team indo, but I think what we will actually get is Sami in for Marzhew (+ swapping sides with CT) and Lisone in for McIntyre. I also have a feeling Proctor will end up in the starting side but I'm not sure who drops out of the 17 in that case.
    I agree with you willhelm, I think Holbrook will start Sami over Marzhew, Proctor over Fermor, move Fermor to bench which will probably knock McIntyre out of the rotation. But I hope this doesn't happen even though it likely will (at least at the start of the season)!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That would be my team Indo but I agree with Willy that Proctor starting and Lisone will get in there for McIntyre and Joliffe with Fifita coming off the bench.
    It's going to be interesting how they use Fifita, if they will start him or have him coming off the bench again. Unfortunately I think Proctor will lock down his spot just due to his experience.

Nice team indo

99% sure Sami starts on the left wing as I think we all know.

I don't think Proctor makes the 17 for round 1.

I like Lisone off the bench more than Jwal who for me either starts or doesn't feature. Keep Sam Mac there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nice team indo

99% sure Sami starts on the left wing as I think we all know.

I don't think Proctor makes the 17 for round 1.

I like Lisone off the bench more than Jwal who for me either starts or doesn't feature. Keep Sam Mac there.
    I'm with you I think Holbrook will start Sami ahead of Marzhew.

Interesting you don't think Proctor will start in the 17 round 1, I thought he was a protected species but obviously you know what's happening inside the club a lot better than I do. I personally have Fifita and Fermor above him by a mile, and Sam McIntyre gives 100% every game I feel he needs to be somewhere in the squad.

Lisone, Wallace and Joliffe are hard ones for me, they each bring something a little different but here is really only 2 spots on the bench for them to fight for (the in form players should hold these spots).

Either way this is going to be an exciting squad to watch, just hope we have another kicking option if opponents just suffocate Sexton. I know AJ had a little bit of a short kicking game although I haven't seen it used too often when he played at 5/8 before, do you know if Jayden can put up any kicks up or anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I'm with you I think Holbrook will start Sami ahead of Marzhew.

Interesting you don't think Proctor will start in the 17 round 1, I thought he was a protected species but obviously you know what's happening inside the club a lot better than I do. I personally have Fifita and Fermor above him by a mile, and Sam McIntyre gives 100% every game I feel he needs to be somewhere in the squad.

Lisone, Wallace and Joliffe are hard ones for me, they each bring something a little different but here is really only 2 spots on the bench for them to fight for (the in form players should hold these spots).

Either way this is going to be an exciting squad to watch, just hope we have another kicking option if opponents just suffocate Sexton. I know AJ had a little bit of a short kicking game although I haven't seen it used too often when he played at 5/8 before, do you know if Jayden can put up any kicks up or anyone else?
    Yeah those bench middles are a tough one. Good to have competition though. For mine, Joliffe has to hold his spot. I've gone Lisone over Wallace because he brings traits that can change or compound momentum, and also because the latter is going to the Dolphins (which has finally been published today in the CM). Not sure which way JH will go though.

JC was used for a few 5th tackle attacking kicks at the end of last year and I think he will inject himself for that again. AJ will need to develop his long kicking game a bit. Erin Clark's got a short kicking game that gets a bit under-appreciated (Tanah as another 9 option can kick long & short). You'd assume though that Toby will be handling most of the territory kicking the same way that Cleary and Reynolds do. Will be interesting to see how that whole dynamic unfolds.

I think
    1 JC
    2 Sami
    3 kelly
    4 Herbert
    5 Fifita
    6 AJ
    7 Sexton
    8 LUI
    9 Clark
    10 Mofo
    11 Proctor
    12 Femor
    13 Tino
    14 Boyd / Turner
    15 Jolliffe
    16 Fifita
    17 wallace

I think Turner will get 14 who knows good to have players under pressure

Not remotely likely, but what I would enjoy watching

Campbell
    Spry
    Fifita
    Herbert
    Marzhew

Brimson
    Sexton

Moe
    Clark
    Liu
    Fifita
    Fermor
    Tino

Fuller
    McIntyre
    Jolliffe
    Wallace

Knowing that there's no standout at 9, Clark is the devil I know, and shifting any edge players to their preferred sides if necessary.

JoJo looked solid last night. Spry I would have had there all last year were it not for his undisclosed issues. Thompson my only tough drop in the backline, he works hard and makes minimal mistakes, but he's a known quantity and I don't want a conservative attack. Herbert I keep for defence but would replace were there an obvious candidate.

And not entirely convinced AJ and JC shouldn't switch, because I think Jayden isn't so much more a negative in frontline defence than AJ, and JC is seemingly a more willing kicker.

And Fuller as bench utility because it's more fun than the other choices by far.

You're up, Coach! Select your team for Rd 1 against the eels for your chance to win.

https://gc.titans.com.au/teampicker

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You're up, Coach! Select your team for Rd 1 against the eels for your chance to win.

https://gc.titans.com.au/teampicker

How much does it suck that you are trying to win a jersey so you have to pick Sami in your squad

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    How much does it suck that you are trying to win a jersey so you have to pick Sami in your squad
    Haha I thought that too but I’m pretty sure you just had to do it to be in the draw, doesn’t matter if the team is accurate. I feel like most people on here’s team would be the same, pretty much the only toss up is if Tino or Liu is at lock? I went with Liu cause I think he has a bit more ballplaying with him. Plus Tino and Mo is a juicy front row