Default Tyrone Roberts: I’ve got to prove myself at Gold Coast Titans

Tyrone Roberts says he has got a point to prove at Gold Coast Titans following his spell in Super League with Warrington.

The 27-year-old has re-joined the Titans on a two-year deal following a season in Super League with Warrington Wolves.

Roberts played 23 games in Super League as a half-back, helping the Wolves reach the Super League Grand Final and Challenge Cup final, losing both.

“I’ve got a lot of competition and I can’t slip up,” Roberts told NRL.com.

“I have to train hard and do everything that is asked of me.

“You’ve got to prove yourself and get better. You can’t just roll back into the same situation and not get any results.

“We have Ryley Jacks and a lot of talent coming through with AJ Brimson, who had a good crack, but if we all work together towards the same goal – we will bring out the best of each other.”

Roberts, who has represented Indigenous All Stars, revealed that he enjoyed his time in Super League but is glad to be back on the Gold Coast.

“We had a great season with a good bunch of lads over there in Warrington,” he added.

“We lost two finals and that was heartbreaking but now I’m ready to play for the Gold Coast Titans.

“[Super League] is more free-flowing and there is not much structure so it is like going back to the backyard and doing what you grew up doing.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-coast-titans/

Not much of an article, but it's good to see the players are very aware of the depth for next year. Perform or perish is one way to look at it.......or we could say how good it is that even our back up players are of very good quality!

I'd love to see an article about Ash along the same lines. It would be great to see him hit the field next year fit, determined and maybe a little wary about his possible replacements. It could bring out his best consistently.

Come on, Ash!! We've got a pretty good side here....lead it!!!

The worry is what has been said or promised behind the scene ... I'm hoping that Coach sticks to his guns ... my real worry is that Matthews got a really good run at the end of last season and I just can't work out the logic.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Dammit Titanic! That comment put a large dent in my "new leaf - all positive" attitude. LOL!!

What to say, what to say???

Ummmm.........GOT IT!!

Maybe Matthews had some niggling injuries he was playing with. Like how some were let down a little by Boyle's performances (not me. I knew his shoulder was gone before the season kicked off, but he played as often as he could, and well as he could with the injury. BIG heart on Morgan. Huge.)

With a strong/tough preseason, Matthews may fire next year.

Hey....can you develop carpal tunnel from crossing your fingers for too long? I hope not!
    Last edited by Menoitios; 30-11-18 at 04:50 PM.

I don’t think we’ll see Matthews with everyone fit ... fingers crossed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don’t think we’ll see Matthews with everyone fit ... fingers crossed.
    Agreed.