Default WALLACE: It's good to be on the tools

'Another day, another dollar', is how the saying goes and for the entire Titans squad, that's exactly how they feel this week with every player out, slaving away in the hot weather in a range of different jobs on the Gold Coast.

With over 100 NRL games and State of Origin matches, Jarrod Wallace has this week been brought back down to earth, donning steel cap boots and working with Red Dog landscaping in Tweed Heads. Whilst his job site this week is a house many of us would love to live in, the prop forward has been working hard, pouring concrete, 'boxing up' and laying steel.

"It's good to be out on the tools down in Tweed with Red Dog Landscaping," Wallace said.

"It's been a bit of freshen up on the site and I certainly have respect or the guys who do this all day."

The Runaway Bay junior is no stranger to a bit of hard labour, spending time out on the job site during his time as an NYC player.

"Unlike Ryan James, I did work through the 20s and my old man made me work. I think I did two years landscaping and doing some concreting.

"It's good for the young guys who come straight into footy contracts. It can be a bit of a rude shock what a full day of work is like and for the older guys who have played for a long time, I think it's a nice change up.

"It's good to get in and mix with the people. A lot of these guys are sponsors and it's good to come out here rather than training."

Whilst this week may be considered a bit of a break from the rigours of training, Wallace has been impressed with the start to pre-season training.

"It's going well. I came back not as fat as last year and I'm enjoying running. I enjoyed not have off-season surgery and we are working hard, having a bit of fun.

"The new guys Dan (Head of Physical Performance) and Joel (Strength and Conditioner) have set things up well and we're enjoying each day."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/...-on-the-tools/

A fully fit Wallace will be great to see in 2019! Great initiative by the club to get the players out working. Hopefully they'll return to training full of vim and vigour!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Great initiative by the club to get the players out working. Hopefully they'll return to training full of vim and vigour!!
    The thing I like about this is that they have been training as well as doing this. Apparently they do their day's "work" and then have to report to training, just like normal people..

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The thing I like about this is that they have been training as well as doing this. Apparently they do their day's "work" and then have to report to training, just like normal people..
    Yeah....I think this is brilliant! It should create a real bond between the players. Turning up for training with a few funny yarns about what happened at work during the day would be refreshing.

Also agree with "work".

A touch of “back to reality” will go a long way ... great initiative.

ps. Changing from power salads to a pie and coke will do wonders.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-11-18 at 10:24 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

^^^^

I agree with that, and have been known to indulge in the odd pie and coke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

It would be hilarious to see what they actually took to work for lunch and hear how much stirring they copped for their choices

Really connects to the game's base. And what the players would be doing a couple decades ago.

Can we make this an annual Titans tradition?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER