Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TED Program.

Default TED Program.

Hi All,

Phil Moss has put together the key summary points regarding The TEDS programme.

There obviously are a number of benefits to the club that this program will bring, and the below points constitutes the messaging the club is trying out out there:

1. The Gold Coast and Northern Rivers catchment has always provided a wealth of rugby league talent

2. Currently we are being outplayed by the Bronco’s, Roosters, Bulldogs and others

3. Our focus is to retain our talented young players on the Gold Coast and provide them with a clear pathway to the Titans

4. The program will initially see three squads, 15and 16 year old players,17 and 18 year old players and a rookie squad

5. These squads will participate in a three month pre-season training program, consisting of fitness, strength and education components

6. The programs are developed in conjunction with the philosophical beliefs of the NRL Head Coach

7. After the completion of the pre-season the players are sent back to their respective junior league clubs where they will be monitored

8. The players will still attend training sessions as required throughout the remainder of the year

9. The final stage of the program would see the squads play as Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Stadium as an NRL curtain raiser (subject to the draw)

I’m really interested in the thoughts on this from all however more so Pete, Mdrew, HS and ALX25. It’s been a long time in the planning but I hope that this will give some on here comfort about our development plan going forward. Phil Moss and the club have put a lot of work into this so let’s see how this plays out over the next year or so.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Cheers for that, BT. It's good to have a better insight to what the clubs goals are in this area. As long as it followed through, it can only have a great outcome.

Yep, the proof will be in the follow-up and maintaining of links to the Titans after they all return to their clubs ... that’s been our downfall ... but like the concept.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I see Matt Srama is know working for the titans and I presume it is part of the TEDS program as a co-ordinator or something similar

It looks like a real good program with some solid ground work and preparation being put into the program, a big step in the right direction

Immortal

Outstanding program developed by Jamie McCormack that kicked off this week and no doubt will produce outstanding results for the Titans the boys and the community.

The Titans junior development program is really developing at an outstanding rate and producing an incredible return all round.

Junior

I assume this is the continuation of the 16s and 18s programs that ran last year.
    This program seemed to run quite successfully and culminated in the boys playing a couple of games at the end of there school and club commitments.
    The quality of the program and the feedback I have been getting from kids and parents is all extremely encouraging.
    Things are building nicely and the new owners need to be congratulated on the investment they are putting in to juniors, which I believe is over triple the budget that was previously allocated.

Junior

Let's not forget about the Toowoomba region as well?

Inactive User

mdrew is happy then I’m happy

Immortal

You are spot on mate the changes that the Titans have undertaken and still are, are more than encouraging and the proof is in the results, whilst not every junior can be signed the Titans are making real inroads in taking the Coast back.

As JA4220 says as well there is more to come. Jamie McCormack and the other key players at the Titans are doing a great job in developing the next batch of Titans and our association with PBC\Ballina etc is coming nicely.

JA4220 makes an outstanding point about the positive feedback from both players and parents and this quickly gets around to others.

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    I assume this is the continuation of the 16s and 18s programs that ran last year.
    This program seemed to run quite successfully and culminated in the boys playing a couple of games at the end of there school and club commitments.
    The quality of the program and the feedback I have been getting from kids and parents is all extremely encouraging.
    Things are building nicely and the new owners need to be congratulated on the investment they are putting in to juniors, which I believe is over triple the budget that was previously allocated.

Immortal

The TEDS program is an exceptional program which will future proof the Titans and take back the Coast, of that I have no doubt and Jamie McCormack deserves a lot of credit for setting the Titans up for the next decade at least.

People talk about the Bronco's throwing money at the best Queensland youngsters and Penrith having the biggest junior base, the TEDS program has the foresight and vision to make both inconsequential.

Well done Titans.

Junior

As I have discussed with mdrew, I have friends with kids that have been involved in both the Titans and Broncos programs and they have nothing but praise for the way that Jamie and the team are developing the junior program.
    I know they are actively involved in the schoolboy program at PBC. Boof, BJ, Jamie and other members off the coaching team are regularly at the school for sessions. I assume the same things happen at Coombabah.
    The Titans are making big strides forward in the junior space. We won’t keep them all, but we are becoming a more attractive option each and every day!

Immortal

Great article on the TEDS program. Every Titans fan should very good about our future.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-Iop1er2jj4dq0

Junior

Gold Coast Titans’ new elite development squad providing solution to keeping homegrown talent
    NOVEMBER 09, 2018
    IN a week of good news where star Gold Coast recruit Tyrone Peachey arrived and the NRL club announced the signing of Brian Kelly and appointment of rugby league icon Mal Meninga, this trumps all.

The new Titans Elite Development Squad officially got off the ground this week, providing a long-awaited solution to a problem that has plagued the club for the past 12 years.

It’s what figureheads hope and believe will make the Titans a true powerhouse.

Over the years, fans have often winced upon seeing countless promising Gold Coast up-and-comers sign for rival clubs, with many going on to enjoy stellar careers at the top level.

The time for that stops now.

The club’s new ownership spearheaded by the Frizelle and Kelly families have spoken of their determination to better engage with the city’s community and talent. Here’s the proof they mean business: A seven-figure investment into ensuring the best and brightest kids have a pathway to playing NRL in their hometown.

media_cameraTitans chairman Dennis Watt, co-owner Rebecca Frizelle, head of football Phil Moss and player Anthony Don with members of their TEDS squad. Picture: Tertius Pickard
    “There’s a good chunk of money that actually came from renegotiating the stadium deal, so that was put straight into this program plus some extra as well,” Titans chairman Dennis Watt revealed.

“We have got an obligation, a responsibility to develop this territory as part of our licence. It is about giving back and making the game stronger from grassroots through to the elite level.”

After years of Jamie McCormack virtually flying solo on the development front, he now has a fleet of respected coaches to work with rising young guns.

Among them are long-time Palm Beach Currumbin supercoach Rod Patison, Titans fan favourite Anthony Don and former stalwart players-turned-coaches Ali Brown, Brad Davis and Matt Srama.

media_cameraTEDS players in action. Picture: Tertius Pickard
    And then there’s the players themselves.

Previously, the Titans might have had 20 or so teens on their books. Now it’s about 55 in their TEDS program, which incorporates under-16, under-18 and “rookie” (18-plus) groups. That’s not to mention their academy headed by Srama for those who have not yet turned 15, when a player can first be contracted.

The group will spend three months through the pre-season training as Titans before returning to their respective clubs, where they will continue to be monitored.

Later in the year, it is hoped they will have the chance to play together in NRL curtain-raisers at Cbus Super Stadium. By the time players reach the rookie stage, the plan is for them to be at a point where they are ready to join Garth Brennan’s top squad and compete for full-time development contracts.

It’s all part of providing a complete pathway, as is offered at renowned development clubs such as Penrith.

media_cameraRod Patison addresses the TEDS group. Picture: Tertius Pickard
    “It’s really building the foundations of the club and owning our territory and putting a bit of a flag up too to other clubs saying ‘we’re investing here and creating these opportunities’.”

The acquisition of Patison as TEDS pathways co-ordinator is a particular win.

A former Gold Coast under-20 coach, Patison retired from teaching two years ago but had little hesitation at getting involved upon hearing the vision masterminded by Titans head of football Phil Moss and McCormack.

“It’s always been very difficult to have the resources to put the development program in place that we would see as optimal for the club but the board and the owners have committed to the fact that we are going to be a development club,” he said.

“I’m excited. This is my tribe and if they think I can contribute, I’m going to contribute as best I can.

“It’s about specifically giving every kid here the tools and attitudes to have the best shot possible.”

“There has been a positive response to the program and already some kids have made decisions that they want to come back here and be part of it.

“The head coach says he wants a team full of people from the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers and our job is to build a team of them for him.”

Best Bulletin sports section imaginable. The above article plus others featuring Don, young gun Compain and Peachey. All solid positive writing about our Club and its development pathways. All written by our very own Connor O’Brien. What a great change from Badel the devil incarnate.

Bodsie, you should be celebrating old fruit. Rod Pattinson quoted as saying, “the head coach wants a team full of locals and its our job to provide them.” Now that’s what I’m talking about. Together with the Meninga and B Kelly signings, 2019 just got a whole lot better and ... it’s not even Christmas

Ps. And all plaudits to the marketing team who timed it all for Saturday the Bulletin’s most read edition. Do we have a club or what?
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-11-18 at 08:31 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

^^^^ it’s like I’m in a parallel universe right now when I read all this stuff
    All I have is Bravo Titans Bravo!!