Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Peter Parr would be my choice if he was interested

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think i made a lengthy post advocating him a few months ago, and i recommend him IN SPITE of being a forum member, not because of it.

His background would be great. and the beauty is, he may be the next CEO and we wouldn't even know it...unless its Castle lol.
    Oh OK, I was unaware of that, DB. Good to see you didn't let the opportunity pass us by then.

Fair enough, Titanic. Understandably you got commitments elsewhere. But as we know, your wealth of knowledge of the Game and of the Coast is hard to come by, regardless if you're a old fart or not. Those key elements would be the icing on the cake considering how we're structured these days. Hopefully the next CEO has some grasp in those areas.
    Like Sand through the Hourglass... So are the Days of Our Lives

To be honest, with the wealth of business management and entrepreneurial experience we have in the Frizelle and Kelly Gangs I would be plumbing for youth and vigour. Mentoring is way underplayed these days but that’s where we could excell and who better to learn from?

Some qualified but slightly underdone dynamo would be a lot easier to mold into a formidable Titans-specific CEO rather than trying to fit some aging non-vested interest into our model.

Satts Junior could well be that man or someone like Locky or Ryan James in a few years time. Conversely we don’t need another caretaking fixer like Annesley. We are paddling hard to catch our wave, let’s not miss it.

I would be very surprised if the owners would relinquish the reins completely at this crucial stage of their investment anyway. The safer option would be to appoint a kindred soul, a ‘believer’ prepared to offer a contemporary perspective while taking advice instead of a loose-cannon like Searle.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-11-18 at 04:13 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

I do remember hearing rumours a couple of years ago about an ex player who was involved in the corporate side of the club wanting the opportunity.
    He was told he didn't have the experience and then left to take up a CEO role in private enterprise to try gain the experience.

Very happy with big Mal getting a gig with the Titans. Shows a new level of respect from the old school guard. To be honest, I'm not sure what he will do from a performance point but he can certainly bring a winning culture to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Im wondering whether anyone will stick their neck out and suggest someone theyd like to be the CEO....
    What about the original? Paul Broughton?

Hey Whizza, long time no read ... I reckon he’s paid for himself already a la The Hayne Pain but I really do believe we should get a real go-getter in there who can be led by the owners. The alternative opens itself to a Penn situation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.