Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Castle has been outstanding in her last two jobs!! The Dogs and the ARU which is now broke and going backwards under her watch. God help wherever she ends up next.
    Has there been any comment about when the position might be filled because I have missed it if there has been. I hadn't heard the rumour about Castle.
    This thread starts about Meninga and now it's about Castle - just a slight change in Rugby League ability levels!

From the CM September 21 written by Badel

Castle may jump to Titans

COULD Rugby Australia boss Raelene Castle be a shock contender for the vacant Gold Coast Titans CEO gig?

The Titans are on the hunt for a new chief executive following the NRL’s poaching of Graham Annesley to head up its football department.

Castle is a close friend of Titans co-owner Rebecca Frizelle, who rates Castle incredibly highly as a sports administrator.

Castle left the Canterbury Bulldogs CEO role late last year to take over from Bill Pulver as the boss of Rugby Australia and has had a challenging tenure in the role.

The Wallabies are the lowest they have ever been ranked, and Castle has had to deal with the unprecedented case of Israel Folau’s religious beliefs.

Blindside spies spotted Frizelle and husband Brett in the Cbus Super Stadium corporate area for last weekend’s Wallabies-Argentina Test match as guests of Castle.

The biggest impediment to the Titans snaring Castle would be cash as she would likely have to take a six-figure pay cut to replace Annesley.

The Frizelles weren’t the only NRL figures at the Wallabies Test. Cowboys coach Paul Green was also getting about the Gold Coast as well as the Broncos’ elimination final against the Dragons.

^^^
    Thanks for posting Bods. I missed that at the time.
    I hope like hell that there is nothing in this. I have a few mates who are strong Dogs supporters and they reckon that she was useless. It's a bit different being the boss of New Zealand netball to the last two roles she has been paid for.

Surely it's just Badel drawing a longbow once again.

Inactive User

I wonder whether maybe Scott Sattler might apply for CEO

Call me old fashioned but I am delighted to have the Kangaroos coach as part of our club.

And many forumers will agree that it goes a great way towards laying some Queensland roots.

He has proven himself building the modern Queensland culture and making the Maroons a very successful outfit.

He also doesn't tolerate fools.

I also believe he will help sign some young talent to our club.

We got an Immortal at the Titans!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Raelene Castle? Wasn't she the one that drove the Dogs into a salary cap nightmare and then jumped ship which will take them years to get out of?

Just checking.

I seem to remember signing a coach to a three year deal then a couple of weeks later trying to sack him too.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    From the CM September 21 written by Badel

Castle may jump to Titans

COULD Rugby Australia boss Raelene Castle be a shock contender for the vacant Gold Coast Titans CEO gig?

The Titans are on the hunt for a new chief executive following the NRL’s poaching of Graham Annesley to head up its football department.

Castle is a close friend of Titans co-owner Rebecca Frizelle, who rates Castle incredibly highly as a sports administrator.

Castle left the Canterbury Bulldogs CEO role late last year to take over from Bill Pulver as the boss of Rugby Australia and has had a challenging tenure in the role.

The Wallabies are the lowest they have ever been ranked, and Castle has had to deal with the unprecedented case of Israel Folau’s religious beliefs.

Blindside spies spotted Frizelle and husband Brett in the Cbus Super Stadium corporate area for last weekend’s Wallabies-Argentina Test match as guests of Castle.

The biggest impediment to the Titans snaring Castle would be cash as she would likely have to take a six-figure pay cut to replace Annesley.

The Frizelles weren’t the only NRL figures at the Wallabies Test. Cowboys coach Paul Green was also getting about the Gold Coast as well as the Broncos’ elimination final against the Dragons.
    Diehard union fan here and absolutely **** No to castle. Her latest move of giving another YEAR for our underperforming national coach to prove himself when the team and play styles continues to regress under him says it all. Annesleys replacement is absolutely critical to the future of this club. No more false starts! Every move this club makes needs to push us forward.

Inactive User

I’m wondering whether anyone will stick their neck out and suggest someone they’d like to be the CEO....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m wondering whether anyone will stick their neck out and suggest someone they’d like to be the CEO....
    Even though I'd be hitting a nerve saying this. I'd nominate Titanic, he gets the whole Gold Coast Rugby League scene. Time for a career change me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Even though I'd be hitting a nerve saying this. I'd nominate Titanic, he gets the whole Gold Coast Rugby League scene. Time for a career change me thinks.
    I second that motion.....
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

If Castle got the job it would undo all of the goodwill and positive news of the last few days. Surely it's a gee up. Make it a merit based appointment.

Inactive User

You’d think Denis Watt would have someone in mind.

i think i made a lengthy post advocating him a few months ago, and i recommend him IN SPITE of being a forum member, not because of it.

His background would be great. and the beauty is, he may be the next CEO and we wouldn't even know it...unless its Castle lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    If Castle got the job it would undo all of the goodwill and positive news of the last few days. Surely it's a gee up. Make it a merit based appointment.
    i agree.

Ferris....bad signing, Mal....good signing, CEO decision is the swinging vote and we know if Ferris was an outlier decision, and we are on a good track,or the Mal decision was the outlier and we are still clueless.

Inactive User

We’d all love Titanic....but every time anyone has suggested it to him he’s been Adamant that he’s not keen

Gee guys my wife and I saw this and my heart raced ... all the way to the bar.

I'd love to put up my hand but it would have needed to be ten years ago and ten days ago I opened a new C-Level academy in Beijing. As it is, lets just hope that we get the right person, and I'm confident we will, so we don't have to scratch around for old farts like me.

By the way, thanks for the vote of confidence, let's get the podcast going ... I reckon our first guest should be the 'big fella' himself.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    and the beauty is, he may be the next CEO and we wouldn't even know it...unless its Castle lol
    I can assure you DB that netball, great game that it may be, hasn't been my bag since I used to sit courtside as a 13 year old, look up and wonder what I was supposed to be looking for.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-11-18 at 08:26 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.