Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Many love the fireworks he brings to the table but Hipgrave’s 2018 season will be remembered more for negatives, such as when he was twice sin-binned in Round 14 against the Rabbitohs, than positives.
    They keep saying it like it was a bad thing. It was my proudest moment last year.

Inactive User

Like the 50km trek. The year we made the top 8 (albeit thanks to Parra cheating) King Henry had a boot camp in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Like the 50km trek. The year we made the top 8 (albeit thanks to Parra cheating) King Henry had a boot camp in the off season.
    I personally think it was stupid. Running at night through bush, the odd brown wondering what all the fuss is about. I was waiting to hear of someone snapping their ankle on a stump or something similar.

Seemed pretty full on.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m hoping that rubs off in more ways than one ��

Spoke with my nephew who on the trek and has told me he’s never going on one again it has scared him lol

- - - Updated - - -

On another note it’s good to see the daily updates on preseason on the Titian’s website

agree website updates have been good, I just wish they would do an interview with the new staff that have come on-board so we can get to know what expertise, experience and ideas that they have and are installing into the club and the off season training

How hard would it be to caption each training pic with a surname? Like it all the same.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

totally agree titanic a have been wanting that for years especially at the start of the year when the new players coming in such as the train and trialist so we can put a name to the face

- - - Updated - - -

wonder is they are going to do the player profiles this year

Junior

A1EA154E-EECD-418B-A205-88EB456EC8B6.jpg

“Damn boys, we aren’t in Penrith anymore”

Caption: "How good is it to be this far from Gastro Gus?"
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Caption: "How good is it to be this far from Gastro Gus?"

I live at Springbrook and have done for 28 years and I can tell you this would have been hell for them. I have done pretty much the same course and it nearly killed me. I think it is a good thing for team bonding and just glad they came through it unscathed. I am loving where they are heading and can't wait for next season to start. Just wished I had known I would have been at Purling Brook Park to greet them.

Gold Coast Titans take on 51km overnight hike in preseason training

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    December 20, 2018 2:37pm

Titans coach Garth Brennan is hoping a 51km all-night trek through the Gold Coast hinterland will help turn his team into an NRL force.

Brennan pushed his entire squad, football staff and ex-Titans legends through the gruelling torture test on Wednesday night.

It’s definitely not the old-school team bonding session.

Club legends Preston Campbell, Mat Rogers and Ash Harrison joined the current crop of Titans for the taxing 12-hour exercise.

Instead of a traditional army camp, Brennan put the Titans through the overnight hike from Canungra to Springbrook in a bid to mix up his second pre-season at the club.

The gruelling hike should put the NRL season in some perspective.

“It was probably the toughest thing I’ve been involved with in rugby league in all my time,” he said.

“Speaking to the players, they’ve backed it up and said it was the hardest thing they’ve ever done.

“We got through unscathed and everyone survived which is pleasing. It’s finished a tough pre-season off the way I wanted.

“I’m sure the boys feel like they’ve got a sense of achievement.”

The exercise included a 23km run through the bush as the sun set, followed by 14km down gravel tracks, an ascent up 900 steps and a 12km run to finish at sunrise.

Brennan said he asked former players to join the group as he looks to respect the club’s 12-year history.

“Those guys are the past and who these players look up to,” he said.

“They’ve laid the foundations of the Titans. It’s important these guys work with them.

“It’s important we respect the past. It drove a few of the players along. It gave them a spring in their step.

“We’re building something very special here.”

The Titans finished 14th last season and had a poor defensive record which Brennan is trying to turn around in 2019.

"Proctor also noted the revamped Titans training staff with new head of performance Dan Ferris, strength and conditioning coach Joel Grech and ruck defence consultant Luke Phillips all on board. "

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/10/...-and-fotuaika/

Be good if the titans gave the fans a bit of info on the new staff