Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

3/4 of croud is cows fans but still a good turn iut

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    3/4 of croud is cows fans but still a good turn iut
    It's an amazing turnout. Thank goodness the rain didn't eventuate.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see some footy again. I was rather impressed with what I saw and as we all know, trials don't count for anything (unless you win).

When a trial match draws a bigger crowd than an NRL match at your home ground........ it means a big season is coming.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Not sure what the final score was as I left with 20 to go but the wind.....Jesus Christ. Just short of a bloody cyclone.. oh, wait a minute. As for the crowd......way too many people. Line up for the loos was 20 minutes easy. I mean the reason you wanna go to the toilet is that you want to go to the toilet. A man my age cannot wait 20 freakin’ minutes. Back to the crowd. Wow! Good to see on the TV. Not good to be there. Absolutely no room to move whatsoever. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Next time I won’t ***** about having to pay $50 for a grandstand seat. I will just pay it and laugh at those sheep down on the hill. Finished my rant. Time to get on it.

Inactive User

More comments on how the team and individuals went would be great please

I watched the stream and Robert's was really sharp. I hate to admit it but he looks like the best option. Farmer is as monster, and palavi played really well. Arthars was solid, and Cartwright looks fit and made some good contact in defense. Made some stupid passes too. Still, this was our fringe team and we looked good. Can't wait to see a few more regulars have a run next week.

Coach told the rookies that’s this will be there 1st and most likely last game for them for the season so make the most of it and I think they did just that

Anyone else really impressed with Phythian? I know I was.

Immortal

Darius Farmer is certainly going to be some sort of player and this season should be a Queensland Cup regular before being an NRL regular in 2020.

The impressive thing for me is that he has been able to add size and muscle without compromising his speed and mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Anyone else really impressed with Phythian? I know I was.
    I thought ‘who the hell is this guy??’

Thought he was very good,

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post

didnt he drop it off the kickoff then let in the last try? i didnt see the first half but i didnt feel he was that impressive.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post

Honestly, I thought the complete opposite. He let Clifford run over him twice on his way to scoring and dropped the kickoff. Also his last play kicks were poor and aimless. He looked promising when he played for the Knights but I was underwhelmed by his performance last night. Probably didn't help he was playing beside Matthews though. I cant understand how he ever makes the team.

There is a lot of hate online directed at Cartwright but I don't think he played too badly. He made a lot of tackles but most of them admittedly were second man efforts. He still needs to work on his first up contact but he looked good with ball in hand.

To me, not many people really stuck up their hands though. Arthars was good at the back and Mo was really good at the start. Darius Farmer is a big unit that shows promise and Whitbread went well when he came on despite looking smaller than most of the other forwards.

I also was hoping to see Brenko in space as he is in much better shape than last season and if his speed has come back could compete with Don for that spot. I think Sami did enough though to show that he should be the first winger picked come round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    didnt he drop it off the kickoff then let in the last try? i didnt see the first half but i didnt feel he was that impressive.
    Yeah wish I was perfect from the get go in 60 knot winds too.

From nowhere to that role, I thought he was solid. Trial game too....he may not get another run but nice to see some depth is there in need.

Cartwright did better than last year. He looks like he’s trying to gat some confidence back. If he does, great for us...

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Honestly, I thought the complete opposite. He let Clifford run over him twice on his way to scoring and dropped the kickoff. Also his last play kicks were poor and aimless. He looked promising when he played for the Knights but I was underwhelmed by his performance last night. Probably didn't help he was playing beside Matthews though. I cant understand how he ever makes the team.

There is a lot of hate online directed at Cartwright but I don't think he played too badly. He made a lot of tackles but most of them admittedly were second man efforts. He still needs to work on his first up contact but he looked good with ball in hand.

To me, not many people really stuck up their hands though. Arthars was good at the back and Mo was really good at the start. Darius Farmer is a big unit that shows promise and Whitbread went well when he came on despite looking smaller than most of the other forwards.

I also was hoping to see Brenko in space as he is in much better shape than last season and if his speed has come back could compete with Don for that spot. I think Sami did enough though to show that he should be the first winger picked come round 1
    couldnt agree more

i thought Rein looked great, and Brenko and Kelly were decent.

Matthews and Pytho were my weak links and biggest disappointments, and didn't love the backup hooker ( Donnell or O'Donnell ? )